• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The official Lotus Emira Deposit thread

My deposit went in 16th July, so will be well down the list…. But I’m after an AMG DCT car so happy to wait longer anyway - be it 2023. I can save a few more pennies towards options and have the benefits of initial reviews on the TOYOTA V6 vs AMG I4…
It's all about sound for me, so V6 is the obvious choice and I like a good manual shift. But.... the AMG engine is peachy and I am intrigued to see how Lotus tune it to the package and how they make it sound

Boston lotus said I’m number 30 to place deposit. Green v6 manual black rims yellow brakes grey interior. They have fifty people on the list but only thirty deposits. They do not require build code.

Put deposit down this morning. Not like me to commit to something untested, a year away and without knowing the costing but the Emira looks stunning - with that and Lotus' excepting reputation as Drivers Car I took the leap. Looks like 35 people in my local dealership alone ahead and from what I read here it seems the demand is huge. Likely Lotus has never seen this level of demand. Super excited.

Dep paid.
DCD72E27-38BD-4562-9F79-6F42A579FB87.jpeg

I paid my deposit on Friday 9th July through Scotlands only dealership, Parks of Hamilton. I was gutted to find out today, that Lotus are now requiring deposits to be paid direct, through their website and I assumed, that my order would now be further down the pecking order. On attending my dealership this afternoon, my deposit was repaid directly through the Lotus website and consequently received my Lotus Reference Number. Apparently, reference numbers will be matched with the original deposit paid dates, thereby ensuring you are allocated a build slot in line with your original deposit paid date. What a relief. May I take this opportunity to thank Laura Montgomery of Parks for her untiring help and assistance.

£2k deposit paid mid July Direct to Lotus. Have received the usual confirmation email from Lotus. I’m thinking Red with red interior but like others will need to see real world example before I decide.

I received an email today from my local Lotus dealer requesting my bank details so they can refund my deposit. Apparently Lotus have requested that orders be done via their website. I've been asked to forward the order reference to the dealer retrospectively but I'm now worried that I'll have lost my early allocation slot as I ordered on launch day.

Anyone else been asked to do this?

Made my deposit July 8th. 4th in the State. Will load up the config when time comes. This car is a keeper and going with the V6 (have to have a manual trans!). Can't decide between green and tan or green and black alcantera? Any thoughts?

I received an email today from my local Lotus dealer requesting my bank details so they can refund my deposit. Apparently Lotus have requested that orders be done via their website. I've been asked to forward the order reference to the dealer retrospectively but I'm now worried that I'll have lost my early allocation slot as I ordered on launch day.

Anyone else been asked to do this?
See Watstone's post above, that may help?

Made my deposit July 8th. 4th in the State. Will load up the config when time comes. This car is a keeper and going with the V6 (have to have a manual trans!). Can't decide between green and tan or green and black alcantera? Any thoughts?
Im having the same Dilema re green/black alcantara or Green/tan leather.....:oops: I think im leaning more towards the black alcantara though!

Deposit paid 26th July, £2,000, all colours look amazing, tempted for yellow or blue with Black Pack and grey leather, in 4 cylinder guise, just in case the drivers footwell is a bit tight, offset pedals etc, so no need to worry about accommodating a clutch pedal, blasphemy I know!

Deposit paid 26th July, £2,000, all colours look amazing, tempted for yellow or blue with Black Pack and grey leather, in 4 cylinder guise, just in case the drivers footwell is a bit tight, offset pedals etc, so no need to worry about accommodating a clutch pedal, blasphemy I know!
Another order from the Ipswich area!

I paid my deposit on Friday 9th July through Scotlands only dealership, Parks of Hamilton. I was gutted to find out today, that Lotus are now requiring deposits to be paid direct, through their website and I assumed, that my order would now be further down the pecking order. On attending my dealership this afternoon, my deposit was repaid directly through the Lotus website and consequently received my Lotus Reference Number. Apparently, reference numbers will be matched with the original deposit paid dates, thereby ensuring you are allocated a build slot in line with your original deposit paid date. What a relief. May I take this opportunity to thank Laura Montgomery of Parks for her untiring help and assistance.
Hi. Had the same today. I spoke with the head of lotus sales (nice fella) and he assured me that they are linking up the references with your original order so you will not lose your place.
Some other things which most of us knew already but confirmed.
Uk roadshow to happen in September
V6 will be April and AMG August
More colours to come

Im having the same Dilema re green/black alcantara or Green/tan leather.....:oops: I think im leaning more towards the black alcantara though!
I'm right there with you. Thinking Alcantera for the seats/interior, but probably leather for steering wheel. I don't like how Alcantera looks on the wheel after some wear.

I am same, I placed deposit with Laura on 11th March but also with Lotus and my original order date will be matched to the order with Lotus.

Now that we've all been able to learn a good amount of information about the Emira, who's put down a deposit?
Put down my deposit via the website on the 23rd July - does anybody know when that will give me an approximate delivery date ?

Good point about pedal spacing. I just think a modern AMG engine with modern DCT will showcase the best of the last ICE lotus well.

Last edited:
For someone living in the US, do you place your deposit with a dealer, or on the lotus website? Trying to figure this out...
Placed my deposit over the phone with a dealer who immediately emailed signed documentation and cc'd a Lotus sales poc rep. who guided me through last steps to lock in my order and customization specs.

Both were extremely helpful, and made the experience all the more special & unique. I couldn't be happier. Very excited to buy my first Lotus.

Back