• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The official Lotus Emira Deposit thread

Similar to others.. $2500 down in North Jersey. Told I was 33rd on list but didn't hear anything about allotments. So fingers cross those numbers aren't crazy.

Apparently there is a lot of interest, but depositing between 2500-5000 $/£/€ seems to be a hurdle high enough to filter the real future buyers from those who only like the car but would effectively not buy it at the end.
I will probably go with a "low key" spec and enjoy the car in an introverted manner.
My main concern is how it will handle speed bumps 🙃
I will for sure go for the softer touring chassis option, hopefully with a bit of clearance, for daily use.

Toronto Canada - Gentrylane Dealer deposited $5000 - Last I heard, more than 30 on the list
Woooeee, Oakland had at least 25 I checked. I wonder what the Vancouver numbers are.

Did your dealer tell you if you would be getting a First Edition or not?

Hey there, I also put down a refundable deposit on tuesday. It seems that I was lucky enough to be one of the last on the list for the First Edition (thats at least what the dealer rold me)
I didt't have to specify engine, colours, options etc., this will apparently be done in 2-3 months time when the proce list is out.
I only want the V6 manual, hope the pricing will be close to the advertised 60GBP.
I want to use the car as a daily driver, so it should not be too expensive :)
I think we will find the 4 cylinder car will be just under £60k but I think the V6 will be higher.

Just popped my deposit online last night! Had a couple of beers first to ease my excitement! Lol

In Scotland and road car. So will prob go for Blue AMG DCT Touring, diamond cut wheels, alcantara fabric yellow stitching and steering wheel plus black pack. Mainly because instant torque from AMG Turbo engine, DCT box for quick shifts, more fuel efficient (future proofing) and add lightness :) for handling. Kef speakers. Hope this spec is the lower end of the price spectrum and good finance deals with this car. This will be a keeper

Toyota V6 SC manual is tempting but will decide once reviews are out.

Wow, I had to put down HKD60k (~USD 7.5k) for a quota deposit in Hong Kong. Dealer said there were 20-30 deposits as of a few days ago. First edition manual V6 will cost around HKD1.5m here (~USD 190k). Inline 4 car will only be available to us in 2023.

Online preview also states V6 first then AMG I4.
If it’s the same manual combo in the Evora, let’s hope they improved it. Definitely not the torque converter auto.

$2,500 deposit via Lotus of Long Island (Autosport Designs). I was told I was the 23rd deposit and they expected to have 30+ soon.

(For reference, Manhattan Motorcars wanted a $5k deposit.)

$2,500 deposit via Lotus of Long Island (Autosport Designs). I was told I was the 23rd deposit and they expected to have 30+ soon.

(For reference, Manhattan Motorcars wanted a $5k deposit.)
Congrats!

I'm wondering what timing is really gonna look like. I think I read that Lotus has @ 50 dealers in US (but they might add a couple more). Assuming US gets @ 1000 cars(?) out of the 4500 a year they plan - that would be about 20 cars per dealer over the course of a year. Thinking those of us on the list above spot 20 (I'm 32 at my dealer) or so are looking at the tail end of the first year's builds, if not actually bleeding into second year.

Total conjecture though.. anyone more familiar with numbers? Or can point out my numbers being garbage?

Congrats!

I'm wondering what timing is really gonna look like. I think I read that Lotus has @ 50 dealers in US (but they might add a couple more). Assuming US gets @ 1000 cars(?) out of the 4500 a year they plan - that would be about 20 cars per dealer over the course of a year. Thinking those of us on the list above spot 20 (I'm 32 at my dealer) or so are looking at the tail end of the first year's builds, if not actually bleeding into second year.

Total conjecture though.. anyone more familiar with numbers? Or can point out my numbers being garbage?
I've seen similar numbers thrown around on the Lotus Emira Owner's Facebook group (which is how I found this forum) - though I believe someone stated that 500 were coming stateside in year one. I assume that no one really knows the numbers just yet - including Lotus - due to the overwhelmingly positive initial reaction.

And while I want one yesterday, I'm comfortable waiting to get feedback from journalists prior to making a final decision. And, from everything I've learned through the past ~25 years on internet forums, it's probably best to not get one of the first cars from ANY manufacturer, let alone a low production manufacturer.

I've seen similar numbers thrown around on the Lotus Emira Owner's Facebook group (which is how I found this forum) - though I believe someone stated that 500 were coming stateside in year one. I assume that no one really knows the numbers just yet - including Lotus - due to the overwhelmingly positive initial reaction.

And while I want one yesterday, I'm comfortable waiting to get feedback from journalists prior to making a final decision. And, from everything I've learned through the past ~25 years on internet forums, it's probably best to not get one of the first cars from ANY manufacturer, let alone a low production manufacturer.
Cool, thanks for that. Yeah I'm agreed on your latter points as well. I expect some shake out as build orders have to be put in but I don't have to be year one either. Personally, I really want to understand performance numbers better but that wouldn't likely derail me from staying on the list.

I just checked the Porsche 718 Boxster/Cayman deliveries, and between 2015 and 2020 they delivered 20-25000 cars per year (all 718 models combined).
Porsche is a brand that does attract both the real drivers and also quite a bit of "posers", taking into account that the majority of the 20-25000 718s will be 4-pot Boxters and not 6-pot Cayman GTSses, taking into account the 718 price tag which is really afforable, the fantstic build quality and prestige of the 718, I think the planning of 5000 Emira deliveries per year is quite ambitious.
They have to make the car considerably cheaper than the 718 cayman - basically Lotus has to convince customers not only from 718, but also from BMW 240i & M3 (so the usual suspects when it comes to affordable car nerd cars).
If they try to upmarket the car into Porsche 911 / Lamborghini territory, they will reenter the "Evora trap".

Wow, I had to put down HKD60k (~USD 7.5k) for a quota deposit in Hong Kong. Dealer said there were 20-30 deposits as of a few days ago. First edition manual V6 will cost around HKD1.5m here (~USD 190k). Inline 4 car will only be available to us in 2023.
That's insane! I can't believe they are able to mark them up that much there.

I guess its 60k for Lotus and 130k in taxes in Hongkong :)

Here in the Netherlands you pay a nice supplementary CO2 penalty tax + 21% VAT.
An Emira V6 with a list price of 70.000 euros will have a CO2 penalty of 20.000 a 25.000 euros and a VAT of 15.000 , so you will easily pass the 100.000 euro mark.
Many countries in EU have similar additional taxes.

Deposit paid on the 8th, no specs defined yet but will probably be Blue V6.

That’s Taycan Turbo money surely in HK!

For someone living in the US, do you place your deposit with a dealer, or on the lotus website? Trying to figure this out...

Back