• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The official Lotus Emira Deposit thread

Woooeee, Oakland had at least 25 I checked. I wonder what the Vancouver numbers are.

Did your dealer tell you if you would be getting a First Edition or not?
He didn't say much. But as I have experienced with Porsche in here, I think Canada is always the step child in North America 😕. What ever the US allocation is, I am guessing it would be 1/10th?

For someone living in the US, do you place your deposit with a dealer, or on the lotus website? Trying to figure this out...
You can't do it on the website the last I was told. Any buyer outside of the UK is required to call or visit their local dealer.

For someone living in the US, do you place your deposit with a dealer, or on the lotus website? Trying to figure this out...
My dealer said that you need to build your Emira online and then give them the build code that the site gives you. At that point, they will take your deposit and reserve your place in line.

Now that we've all been able to learn a good amount of information about the Emira, who's put down a deposit?
Yes, paid the $5000 deposit on the 14th July, now the wait game, and trying to figure out what colour combo I’d love the most. Maybe all yellow with matching stitching or green with tan, what a choice, what a car 👍

He didn't say much. But as I have experienced with Porsche in here, I think Canada is always the step child in North America 😕. What ever the US allocation is, I am guessing it would be 1/10th?
Would agree with you on this. My guess is Canada will see 50-100 cars in year one. Of those, at least half to the GTA.

Happy to say I paid my deposit on 7th July. After speaking to my dealer, seems I might be around 500th in the queue!
Too many sleepless nights ahead!

Deposit paid tonight - leaning towards the V6 with Manual, Dark Verdant (Green) with Alcantara interior yellow stiching, matching steering wheel, black lightweight forged wheels with yellow calipers. Waiting for the rest of the options list to see what deatures are standard and what is optional, KEF audio will be on the list if its not stupid expensive. Austalian order numbers are getting up there from what the dealer is saying, but have also mentioend they have no idea how many we are going to be allocated per year, and that deliveries could already be pushing into early 2023... its going to be a long wait... but hopefully worth it! :)

Happy to say I paid my deposit on 7th July. After speaking to my dealer, seems I might be around 500th in the queue!
Too many sleepless nights ahead!

Wow, small world. I live 1/2 mile away from you! Guess your dealer is Bell & Colvill?

Put my deposit down on the evening of the launch. Complete impulse! Was not expecting that.

I placed my deposit of $2,500 today with Hi Tech Luxury Imports in Austin, TX. My closest dealer. They let me put down the deposit and then asked me to call back with my configuration code when I was ready.

Now that we've all been able to learn a good amount of information about the Emira, who's put down a deposit?
My orders in , first lotus was a
1 .MK1 else
2. MK1 Elise sport 160
3. MK1 exige
4 MK1 Elise honda powered

Rob Manchester England

Hi everyone, I booked and paid for my build slot for a UK car (£2000) on 9th July, I'd heard that by then there were over 2000 pre-orders so I'm not sure what that will mean for my delivery date - I guess updates coming soon from Lotus will start to share that kind of information? We all know it will be worth the wait though, and it gives me plenty of time to prep at least one other car for sale!

Last edited:
UK based, but it seems we're fairly unique in that we paid the deposit on the Lotus website directly and not via a dealer. Would love to see what number we are as we paid the deposit the morning after launch day. We'll probably go tap up our local Lotus dealer for more info in the coming weeks I think.

Last edited:
UK based, but it seems we're fairly unique in that we paid the deposit on the Lotus website directly and not via a dealer. Would lover to see what number we are as we paid the deposit the morning after launch day. We'll probably go tap up our local Lotus dealer for more info in the coming weeks I think.
I did the same Mikey, so will also be doing the same with my local dealer - I was slower off the mark than you though, 9th July, so will be interesting to compare delivery dates. Also, I am going for the AMG engine which I know is not available until later too....

Last edited:
I did the same Mikey, so will also be doing the same with my local dealer - I was slower off the mark than you though, 14th July, so will be interesting to compare delivery dates. Also, I am going for the AMG engine which I know is not available until later too....
Thankfully the V6 with the manual box is where we wanted to go and it looks like that'll be the first to be available. Fingers crossed we'll all get a 2022 delivery for dropping a deposit fairly early.

Just have the difficult part of deciding on the colour. @helenj1972 is leaning towards the launch colours (blue, black pack, yellow calipers and yellow stitching), where I'm leaning towards the green with tan interior. Will be an interesting year :)

Thankfully the V6 with the manual box is where we wanted to go and it looks like that'll be the first to be available. Fingers crossed we'll all get a 2022 delivery for dropping a deposit fairly early.

Just have the difficult part of deciding on the colour. @helenj1972 is leaning towards the launch colours (blue, black pack, yellow calipers and yellow stitching), where I'm leaning towards the green with tan interior. Will be an interesting year :)
Those also are my 2 favoured colour options! The guys that designed the car carefully chose the launch colours, wheels, etc, and I'm guessing they are all better car designers than any of us. The green and tan option I first heard on Jenson Button's review (his own pref), you could say it's a bit "trad" or conventional - but it really works too: classy, timeless - and very British.

My deposit went in 16th July, so will be well down the list…. But I’m after an AMG DCT car so happy to wait longer anyway - be it 2023. I can save a few more pennies towards options and have the benefits of initial reviews on the TOYOTA V6 vs AMG I4…

Back