• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Throttle House Cancel Their Emira....

Meh. It's clear they still love the car but find the tires on the one they drove too sticky for the track. They did raise concerns about QC issues and dealer lack of responsiveness. But they also weighed in on how incredibly pretty it is and how engaging.

Overall, it was a huge endorsement of the Emira. Thomas said the Z06 is more fun to drive "at the limit" but I'm sure that in a canyon or on regular roads where you aren't "at the limit", the Emira is WAY more fun (and it has a 3rd pedal). I think the Z06 looks great (much better than the regular C8), but I'd still take the Emira for the engagement factor and drop dead gorgeous design.

Lastly, in terms of special factor, I see at least a dozen Z06s and probably 30-40 C8s at every Cars and Coffee in Raleigh but there are generally only one or two (at most) Emiras around.

Havent watched the review yet, just checked the tracktime of the emira. Not too bad but also not great considering it was on Cup 2. Wondering how much it would add with a normal UHP. Looking forward to view the whole video.

Makes sense that they would cancel the Emira as they run a Youtube channel that needs views. At this point, the Emira has become old news, and other channels have explored it deeply.

What is interesting is that another Youtube channel just made the opposite decision, and bought an Emira. Therefore the other guys think that they can still generate interest and vies.

What a great review. I like these guys a lot. Very fair take.

In the end the z07 is bonkers and looks less ugly in black.

The emira is still the car for me for the right reasons.

The emira is less playful and a bit more planted than one might prefer. Plenty of cars even the miata will give you way more room to play with. Buts it 100% sports car and I love it for that.

What a great review. I like these guys a lot. Very fair take.

In the end the z07 is bonkers and looks less ugly in black.

The emira is still the car for me for the right reasons.

The emira is less playful and a bit more planted than one might prefer. Plenty of cars even the miata will give you way more room to play with. Buts it 100% sports car and I love it for that.
The guys from Throttle House are excellent and I‘m not sure that sometime in the future there might be an Emira in one of their garages.

Regarding the Z06, it’s a weapon. But it‘s so fast that you can only really enjoy on the track.

This came to my mind when I saw a video from a guy driving a McLaren 765LT on alpine Mountain passes, he steps for max. 1-2s on the gas then already has to lift, these cars are too fast for this type of driving and therefore don‘t really make sense in this environment.

The good thing is you can get a more aggressive alignment for the Emira for little money and you will have a more playful car.

PICTORIAL SUMMARY OF THE THROTTLE HOUSE VIDEO

TH.png

PICTORIAL SUMMARY OF THE THROTTLE HOUSE VIDEO

View attachment 47633
Sometimes the girl next door is a lot less maintenance than the supermodel. At least from my experience, which is why I had both of these cars on order. One thing is funny I went to my Lotus Dealer asking what oil service will cost me, it’s 890 dollars, yes on a Toyota motor with a supercharger on top and no dry sump..

The following week I was talking to the Z06 tech and the Service Advisor, they said car has dry sump and internal filter with 8 scavenger pumps and basically a race engine so the oil change with special oil is not cheap. I was thinking O great the number going to be 1k+ or above which will make me have to change the oil. He said all in out the door price your looking at 175 dollars. I told him what my Lotus SA said and they are huh you’re definitely getting bent over, which I agree. To me both these cars a completely different animals, a manual Emira is not fast car based off today’s standards but a throw back to the older days with some added tech. The Z06 motor is the last of it kind, no other manufacturers are making NA motors with that much power while 98% have gone like Lotus with turbos or superchargers.
As a pilot I might prefer flying my P51 Mustang but at work the F22 is a seriously fast technical machine that pushes your body and mind to limits you did not know you had. The Z06 with the Z07 package is the later in my over exaggerated analogy.

Last edited:
This made me review the z07 specs, wow! Amazing engine, carbon ceramic and good looking seats!
I considered the Z06 2 years ago and talked to a few dealerships. One wants $195,000 and the other $200,000 something like a 50-60k market adjustment. At that point I would be looking at something way more special.
MSRP was the when the car looked attractive…
I will say I get a lot of compliments and people staring at the Emira. Next to a lot of cars I really does look amazing. Porsche, Corvette, Aston Martin, Audi R8
Really enjoying mine. Rarely track it.

I considered the Z06 2 years ago and talked to a few dealerships. One wants $195,000 and the other $200,000 something like a 50-60k market adjustment. At that point I would be looking at something way more special.
MSRP was the when the car looked attractive…
I will say I get a lot of compliments and people staring at the Emira. Next to a lot of cars I really does look amazing. Porsche, Corvette, Aston Martin, Audi R8
Really enjoying mine. Rarely track it.
The Emira is a beautiful car, I can’t believe how it doesn’t have any bad lines.

The outcome of the review is no surprise given that the cars were tested on a track.

I wish they would have considered where most people would spend their time driving these cars and that's on the street. Regular street driving considered there's no way the Emira would lose to the Z06.

The outcome of the review is no surprise given that the cars were tested on a track.

I wish they would have considered where most people would spend their time driving these cars and that's on the street. Regular street driving considered there's no way the Emira would lose to the Z06.
The sports suspension and the manual on the Emira especially for street driving is more demanding and for few a pain if traffic and stop lights are considered. The Z06 has Mag-Ride when in soft mode it is very convenient and comfortable plus dual clutch which makes it very easy to drive. The Z06 has larger trunk and don’t forget the frunk in front so that is more convenient if you have stuff. The Emira is more rare and the better looking car by a million miles, all day long will get all the looks. But if driving for two hours in Dallas metro traffic, I would be driving the Z06 and leave my Emira manual in the garage. Honestly wouldn’t be driving either instead driving my Etron GT EV. I still think the comparison is so stupid, these are not in the same league when it comes to performance and way different cars for different purposes. I Love the Emira and those fortunate to own one has a very special car that will never be made again since the world is going to EV, especially Lotus.

The C8 is ugly from behind, and the car is simply brutal in design, particularly with all the crap hanging off the Z06.

To make a plane reference it's a Beech 1900D. It may get it's assigned job done, but it's an eyesore doing it.

The Z06 motor is the last of it kind, no other manufacturers are making NA motors with that much power while 98% have gone like Lotus with turbos or superchargers.
Not pushing back on your opinions, but in terms of "last of it's kind", do you know any other brand selling a port-injected engine without a turbo? Might be splitting hairs by calling the Z06 mill "last of a" since I bet the 2GR/FE is also just that.