TOP GEAR Review ?...... Total specualtion

Same here I’m glad to be having all the good parts, double wishbone suspension and lsd, but no idea what affect they have. With this car though I feel the need to learn to drive to appreciate these things, Lotus Driving Academy for me.

Funny story

I have always wanted to go to driving school. When the Emira first came out I searched for driving schools and saw Lotus had one in Norfolk. I was so excited! Then I did a little research and found it was Norfolk in the UK. I thought it was Norfolk, Virginia in the USA. Talk about going from the ceiling to the floor. I was devastated. This was before I started digging into Lotus and understanding the company.

I will find a driving school to go to in the states because I want to learn how to drive this car on the track. Any suggestions in the Southeast USA would be great!

taking roundabouts will never be the same again after my lotus training.
Ive done a few track events and 1-1 training, but as soon as you get on the road you realise you can't actually be daft.... and I can't really afford lots of track days and find some tracks a bit boring. I don't know what I'm really getting at 😅 But I still fancy the Academy lol

Ive done a few track events and 1-1 training, but as soon as you get on the road you realise you can't actually be daft.... and I can't really afford lots of track days and find some tracks a bit boring. I don't know what I'm really getting at 😅 But I still fancy the Academy lol
taking roundabouts will never be the same again after my lotus training.
Having done both Bike and Car advanced it helps you to cut up roads..... even within the speed limit. Its not help me yet with my tracked vehicle driving :ROFLMAO:

Funny story

I have always wanted to go to driving school. When the Emira first came out I searched for driving schools and saw Lotus had one in Norfolk. I was so excited! Then I did a little research and found it was Norfolk in the UK. I thought it was Norfolk, Virginia in the USA. Talk about going from the ceiling to the floor. I was devastated. This was before I started digging into Lotus and understanding the company.

I will find a driving school to go to in the states because I want to learn how to drive this car on the track. Any suggestions in the Southeast USA would be great!
According to the post below Atlanta Motorsports Park has a Lotus Driving Experience starting up in March 2022. I will be checking back at their site frequently for more details. I'm in the same boat - I want to learn some driving skills so I can properly appreciate this awesome machine.

https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/how-many-of-you-plan-on-tracking-your-emiras.738/post-18022

According to the post below Atlanta Motorsports Park has a Lotus Driving Experience starting up in March 2022. I will be checking back at their site frequently for more details. I'm in the same boat - I want to learn some driving skills so I can properly appreciate this awesome machine.

https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/how-many-of-you-plan-on-tracking-your-emiras.738/post-18022

Yup! I already registered my interest with them. Me and a buddy both have deposits on Emiras and are planning a long weekend down to ATL to do that Lotus experience. I haven't been to their track before, but it sounds like a good time in Evora GTs! I also checked out Radnor and Utah, but they are something like $1500 and ATL is only $599 for the day.

To get GTS 4.0L the same spec..... you looking at over 80K, and still not double wish bone susspenion, to get that you going GT4.

BMW M2 comp.....its a hot hatch.... not a sports car...... apple or orange ......both fruit, not the same
LMAO, it's not a hatch and it's rear wheel drive; it's anything but a hot hatch.

I think panties get in a twist here about competition.

Don't own an M2, but certainly shopping one. Considered the GTS Porsche but looks are just not my thing and getting one is a bitch as well.

Yup! I already registered my interest with them. Me and a buddy both have deposits on Emiras and are planning a long weekend down to ATL to do that Lotus experience. I haven't been to their track before, but it sounds like a good time in Evora GTs! I also checked out Radnor and Utah, but they are something like $1500 and ATL is only $599 for the day.

I just registered my interest for Atlanta. I am doing this!

I have
I have registered as well for Atlanta. Will do 1 day then also the Porsche experience next day

Surprisingly, thery are not going to use the Seneca Blue car for filming.

Uh yeah... Scratch that. Now it's $799 at the Atlanta Motorsports Park and it's only an hour and a half.. Including class time and only one actual heat on track. The other time is spent on an autocross course and skid pad. Lame.

Last edited:
Uh yeah... Scratch that. Now it's $799 at the Atlanta Motorsports Park and it's only an hour and a half.. Including class time and only one actual heat on track. The other time is spent on an autocross track and skid pad. Lame.
Why not just book a track day at your local Racetrack, and hire a skilled driver to teach you how to drive??
Money better spent.

Why not just book a track day at your local Racetrack, and hire a skilled driver to teach you how to drive??
Money better spent.

I do Skip Barber HPDE and PCA track days often in my GTI. I was intrigued by the "Lotus Experience" advertised and the fact I'd be able to drive an Evora GT on track before taking delivery of my Emira. But yeah... a $200 Skip Barber day is money better spent.. still doesn't get me behind the wheel of a RWD mid-engine Lotus though.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back