• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

TOP GEAR Review ?...... Total specualtion

I really REALLY hope not... we're not even going to see I4 Emiras until next year at the earliest. It's absolute BS if the media tour Emira isn't a V6 manual.
The instagram says “V6 Emira” though. As unlikely as it seems, it would be super interesting if Top Gear tests the i4 DCT!! I doubt Lotus will do that though. The V6 is so much more soulful in note and PR department will need replacing if they didn’t show off their halo EMIRA on Top Gear.

Excellent.

Note that the plate was road registered on 23 December 2021 as belonging to a "LOTUS UNKNOWN". Not giving much away are they?
ECAFB0EA-067A-4457-9B9A-588AF5C86C14.png

Sorry if this been asked, do we have a air date for the top gear Emira review? Will be the first Chris Harris review of a car I will own haha … I think it will be very positive just quietly

The instagram says “V6 Emira” though. As unlikely as it seems, it would be super interesting if Top Gear tests the i4 DCT!! I doubt Lotus will do that though. The V6 is so much more soulful in note and PR department will need replacing if they didn’t show off their halo EMIRA on Top Gear.
I think v6emira is one of the Instagram accounts that's posted the picture (wavey to one of our members 👋) but it originates elsewhere.

I think v6emira is one of the Instagram accounts that's posted the picture (wavey to one of our members 👋) but it originates elsewhere.
Chris Harris is widely known as a MT fan. The V6 is the only production vehicle presently. It packs the most HP. Add this up. Then watch the calendar and hope for a thumbs-up.

It's a shame, it looks like they had a very wet day at Anglesey for filming. They were filming at Hethel too, so hopefully had better weather.

I thought the extruded aluminium bonded chassis of the Emira is largely based on the Evoras original tech with wider track and re-engineered entry points!? - somewhere in this forum mentioned that some subframe mount points and wheel base are identical. I don’t mind it being based on the Evora, as it was an amazing handling chassis to start with! MkII Evora chassis is no bad thing in my books. Short of an expensive Carbon tub, Alu bonded chassis is super rigid!

I was watching on Jayemm that the chassis is not an all new design. It's a modification of the Evora chassis.

I was watching on Jayemm that the chassis is not an all new design. It's a modification of the Evora chassis.
Modification / new ...... all been talked about at lenght..... lots of companys mod chassis then say its a new car.... With the amount Lotus have changed on the Emira..... I am calling it new..... Having seen both Emira and Evora with out body the day we spent there

Rehashed here a few times, modified, reworked, re-engineered, rejigged….choose your poison.

Optimistic perspective - It’s effectively an all-new chassis based on similar design principles as the Evora but is so different it drives and feels like a different chassis all together.

Pessimistic perspective - it’s the Evora chassis with a few modifications for a wider track and to make incremental improvements identified over the life of the Evora

Given the size of the Lotus team, the number of cars in the works, their push towards their electrified future and other budget conscious choices like The engine and transmission carry over, redundant rear seats…I’d posit the latter.

On Top Gear and Chris Harris,

He just did a video on his manual M2 Comp. Some would say they aren’t competitors - I’d disagree - but should make for an interesting review and comparison.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back