• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

TOP GEAR Review ?...... Total specualtion

Don’t think they are FE wheels either?
Pretty sure they are. Funny thing is I had the same thought, but then I compared them to the configurator and I believe they are indeed the forged wheels.

Guess my initial intuition was correct.

Not a good sign. Now I'm worried they'll be testing the I4 auto...

Last edited:
Those are the same cast wheels that are on the shadow grey dynamic show car, only in a different color.

This. It seems there will always be some flat earthers claiming that the Emira is just a rehashed Evora, but the notion is demonstrably, factually wrong. It shares the V6 engine and gearbox with the Evora, but has no other major parts in common. Perhaps it is because it is a similar size the the Evora? Or maybe it is just because of the drive train? If Lotus had dropped the V6 and only designed the car around the I4 I suspect the re-skinned Evora jibe would be less prevalent.
I thought the extruded aluminium bonded chassis of the Emira is largely based on the Evoras original tech with wider track and re-engineered entry points!? - somewhere in this forum mentioned that some subframe mount points and wheel base are identical. I don’t mind it being based on the Evora, as it was an amazing handling chassis to start with! MkII Evora chassis is no bad thing in my books. Short of an expensive Carbon tub, Alu bonded chassis is super rigid!

Pretty sure they are. Funny thing is I had the same thought, but then I compared them to the configurator and I believe they are indeed the forged wheels.

Guess my initial intuition was correct.

Not a good sign. Now I'm worried they'll be testing the I4 auto...

I really REALLY hope not... we're not even going to see I4 Emiras until next year at the earliest. It's absolute BS if the media tour Emira isn't a V6 manual.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back