📓 Journals Unicorn v6 auto has landed

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
Right and left to upshigt and downshift? It makes no sense to me
Totally agreed!

I will convert mine to push buttons like evora.. dont expect it to be a difficult job… iso that weird shaped lever there

Totally agreed!

I will convert mine to push buttons like evora.. dont expect it to be a difficult job… iso that weird shaped lever there
I suspect most people will simply use the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. The gear selector movement left or right will put the car in permanent manual and then it can be shifted with the paddles without returning to auto as it would otherwise do after 20 seconds of no shifting.

Last edited:
I suspect most people will simply use the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. The gear selector movement left or right will put the car in permanent manual and then it can be shifted with the paddles without returning to auto as it would otherwise do after 20 seconds of no shifting.
In my humble opinion the gear selector should move front and back to change gears, it is more natural

Agree the paddles are there for manual and lovely aluminium things they are forget the gear selector

Full PPF and ceramic coating finished

IMG_4906.jpeg
IMG_4908.jpeg
IMG_4912.jpeg
IMG_4914.jpeg
IMG_4915.jpeg

When you rev the engine, Is there a rev limiter (on neutral/Park) on auto?
The sound you hear on the video is on Sport mode / idle.

There might be rev limiter but I didn't rev it more than 2.000 rpms in N/P yet. Early days!

@Bilbao-Emira Now that your beautiful car is all protected from the elements, we're all looking forward to you sharing your insights from some extended driving via videos and text posts. Particularly interested in hearing your thoughts on the automatic transmission. Enjoy 👏

@Bilbao-Emira Now that your beautiful car is all protected from the elements, we're all looking forward to you sharing your insights from some extended driving via videos and text posts. Particularly interested in hearing your thoughts on the automatic transmission. Enjoy 👏
Thanks, I will for sure, just need the authorities to issue the plates, hopefully next week.

Thanks, I will for sure, just need the authorities to issue the plates, hopefully next week.
Is that to say that one is not allowed to drive the car in Spain until you have the plates? In California, we have temporary plates fixed to the car when we take delivery. The permanent plates come a little later, but there are no restrictions on driving the car with the temp plates.

Is that to say that one is not allowed to drive the car in Spain until you have the plates? In California, we have temporary plates fixed to the car when we take delivery. The permanent plates come a little later, but there are no restrictions on driving the car with the temp plates.
Well it's a long story here which I still don't understand quite well.

Normally any car sold in Spain takes 2/3 days to register.

It looks like a few planets have aligned in this case for the delay:

1. My car was manufactured 17th of February.
2. Arrived at the dealer 2nd of March.
3. The relevant docs (basically CoC) arrived 10 days later.
4. Being new model had to go for physical inspection (ITV) which only took place last Friday (24th March)
5. Now having fulfilled all the above, all the steps have been taken and the papers are sitting in the Traffic Department, waiting to issue the plates, which seem to be on hold until the Tax Administration says ok. This process took 3 weeks after the IITV for the Manual Emira that had arrived before mine, and only today got the plates.

So fingers crossed that the relevant authorities speed up from now on, after they already have done one before.

Part of this could be consequence of new car manufactured not in EU anymore after Brexit.

Well it's a long story here which I still don't understand quite well.

Normally any car sold in Spain takes 2/3 days to register.

It looks like a few planets have aligned in this case for the delay:

1. My car was manufactured 17th of February.
2. Arrived at the dealer 2nd of March.
3. The relevant docs (basically CoC) arrived 10 days later.
4. Being new model had to go for physical inspection (ITV) which only took place last Friday (24th March)
5. Now having fulfilled all the above, all the steps have been taken and the papers are sitting in the Traffic Department, waiting to issue the plates, which seem to be on hold until the Tax Administration says ok. This process took 3 weeks after the IITV for the Manual Emira that had arrived before mine, and only today got the plates.

So fingers crossed that the relevant authorities speed up from now on, after they already have done one before.

Part of this could be consequence of new car manufactured not in EU anymore after Brexit.
It is because Lotus doesn’t have a local HQ and in fact, after brexit time, it is like an imported car.
So it takes a long time to be officially plated

1800 kms done.

NO ISSUES AT ALL so far. Couldn't try the wipers, it was sunny.

Was enjoying the ride so much that I couldn't take any videos of the shifts yet, plus under 4.000 rpm wouldn't be very representative.
Pictures posted in the Nimbus thread during last week.
KEF system sounds very well for such a small space. Only tried Apple Music streaming.
It took me some time to adjust properly the seat, after this trip my back is ok, and I suffer lower back pain a lot.
in Sport suspension, the car is much better for long trips than the Evora GT410 Sport, almost as comfortable as my DB9.
AC works great.
It behaves amazing in the turns, like a kart with suspension, and I feel it more planted than the Evora.
Exhaust sound has improved like a 10-20%.
Auto transmission is way faster and smoother than Evora.
Steering wheel, no issues adapting to it after 5 minutes.

I have to give a big thank you to all of you that got delivery a few months ago, and suffered initial production issues, it looks like most of them are been addressed.

@A Cascala , waiting for his Nimbus manual soon, came with me yesterday for a ride, and while I was distracted messing around with the infotainment, our Mrs came from behind in a little Ford van with a 3 cylinder engine, and had the odesity to overtake us, SHAMELESS

Now I have the first Auto Emira delivered, and the slowest! 😂

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back