• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I was poking around the Lotus merchandise pages and found this face mask. Probably not that useful anymore. HOWEVER, I believe it could be repurposed in the US as a handy screaming mask and be a big seller!

I know that every so often I feel a need to scream into something over the EMIRA delivery problems, and it's much more convenient than a pillow!

LOTMC0030BK_01.jpg

I was poking around the Lotus merchandise pages and found this face mask. Probably not that useful anymore. HOWEVER, I believe it could be repurposed in the US as a handy screaming mask and be a big seller!

I know that every so often I feel a need to scream into something over the EMIRA delivery problems, and it's much more convenient than a pillow!

LOTMC0030BK_01.jpg
Banana hammock?
Sport suspension perhaps.

I am fairly optimistic based on the recent factory tour update. 45% of the cars are i4, that means they are producing 55% of the production are V6 and not all going to China. The UK and EU folks have got their cars already. I don't know which market besides the US can digest the 800 cars in the remainder of the the year.
Keep your hopes up fellas.;)

When did they say this?

I think it was officially announced when they did their Sedona roadtrip episodes. The end of their Emira review they said something like "or we could cancel the order and use the money to do something we always wanted to, like a roadtrip series." And then the AZ videos came out soon after. James is a member here but hasn't logged in since mid 2022 (which is also quite telling).

I am fairly optimistic based on the recent factory tour update. 45% of the cars are i4, that means they are producing 55% of the production are V6 and not all going to China. The UK and EU folks have got their cars already. I don't know which market besides the US can digest the 800 cars in the remainder of the the year.
I'm not so sure that all UK V6 order for F/E have been filled/built. Since you can still order a V6 F/E Emira in the UK is a telling sign that they still have orders to process and build prior to releasing base configurator. They will most likely want to have almost all UK F/E build processed/completed and 100% of the non-refundable deposits / spec order taken in North America before release of the base configurator. This will put Lotus in the best spot to avoid further cancellations.

Expect base configurator in Q1/2 of 2024 with production start for UK in September. ROW to follow.

I think Lotus at this point is intentionally advising no communication with the North American market. For whatever reason, they are fully aware that they have botched the Emira launch for this part of the world. I think there is a bit of embarrassment, not only to its customer base but to the dealers as well. Some have invested a ton of capital into new dealerships without any cars to sell for almost 2 years. I am surprised a dealer group isn't suing Lotus HQ for losses at this point.

This may all change in the coming years and could be just "growing pains". Realistically, they don't have anything to communicate that won't make them look incompetent.

The next communication from dealers will be a further 2-3 month production delay and first US cars to be delivered sometime in Feb/March 2024.

I also think that they will be dedicating a whole lot of production time to US/CAN builds in 2024. A lot more allocations than they originally had stated will be heading our way between now and Dec.
Wishful....
Wasn't there a Dealer statement (Gator?) that 2000 Emira are slated for NA in 2024 (atop the initial 700 and 600 FE allocations). That alone is a bump up. Also, what about indications 14 allocations are going begging?
A further NA FE production delay will bunch things up in Hethel, don't you think?
The Base order book opening will be telling.

Took a sleeping tablet last night. The stress of the Emira was getting.
Had a dream that lotus started producing cars for NA and were sending emails out. They were also sending a video showing the first one on production line.
Woke up this morning went to check my email. Shit nothing. 😂
New Lotus slogan: Worth the Wake.

Wishful....
Wasn't there a Dealer statement (Gator?) that 2000 Emira are slated for NA in 2024 (atop the initial 700 and 600 FE allocations). That alone is a bump up. Also, what about indications 14 allocations are going begging?
A further NA FE production delay will bunch things up in Hethel, don't you think?
The Base order book opening will be telling.
2K additional to the F/E V1&2? I didn't hear anything like that. Perhaps for 2025 model year base allocations.

I think they want to build out every V6 F/E remaining so that they can launch base configurator. Remember UK V6 F/E have been on the resale market over there for the last 9 months, so I imagine they want to get base configurator up ASAP without affecting the remaining V6 orders.

I am making $300 a month in a fund where I have the money to pay for this vehicle. So if it wants to delay into eternity, so be it, at least I am making some money off of it!

Did you adjust that for inflation?

Im locked into the original 93k, this money is soley dedicated to that. Inflation can rise all it wants, ill still make a little extra cheddar. Nothings going to keep up with inflation that involves risk. This is in a nice money market account.

Lots of other markets out there. An entire world of them. SE Asia, Australia, India, Middle East, S. Africa, South America, etc.

Some of the Emira videos coming out of Malaysia right now are great.

I think can we agree that there is a very good pointed reason they are not doing N/A? Could the certifications process actually be more difficult then they though? Its in Lotus's best financial interest to get them out to us as fast as possible, so why are they not? What is the ACTUAL reason?

My dealer said they were already speccing orders and I'm thirteen down the list. They figured three months before my number is up.

Is payment on the order date or delivery date?
(Deposit October '22)

My dealer said they were already speccing orders and I'm thirteen down the list. They figured three months before my number is up.

Is payment on the order date or delivery date?
(Deposit October '22)
What, for base editions?