• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

With ADM I assume
With whatever the market wants! Maybe No Reserve on BAT. Buying a new car from Lotus is like being in a abusive relationship. Yeah she may beat you, may break your mental willpower with some bullshit, and she may cheat on you, and she may sell your stuff, but she rocks in bed and always gives it up. You have yo ask yourself, is it worth it? Naaaaaaah, not when I have her older, hotter sister (Elise) and her Italian step sister (Ferrari) in my garage.

Im ready to get off this crazy train.

With whatever the market wants! Maybe No Reserve on BAT. Buying a new car from Lotus is like being in a abusive relationship. Yeah she may beat you, may break your mental willpower with some bullshit, and she may cheat on you, and she may sell your stuff, but she rocks in bed and always gives it up. You have yo ask yourself, is it worth it? Naaaaaaah, not when I have her older, hotter sister (Elise) and her Italian step sister (Ferrari) in my garage.

Im ready to get off this crazy train.
That’s the most compelling argument I’ve heard yet.

1695501977304.gif

When people ask me if I have an update on the Emira:
interview-crying.gif
Yep. I literally get this question twice a week (completely innocently) from people who know I've had it on order for 2 years. Every time I get asked, I get a little more annoyed at Lotus for keeping me in this limbo

Provided you ponied up the second deposit, when asked (build complete, so around shipping time) complete payment is due in full - by 7 days from Invoice (arrival at dealer). You get invoiced, and you gotta cough up kweek.
Not all dealers require a “second deposit”. Some, like mine, just require $2,500 deposit and then payment when you pick up the car. I do suspect there will be a few on the lot from people that didn’t go through with the sale, but those will just be sold off to anyone that wants whatever spec it has.

Not all dealers require a “second deposit”. Some, like mine, just require $2,500 deposit and then payment when you pick up the car. I do suspect there will be a few on the lot from people that didn’t go through with the sale, but those will just be sold off to anyone that wants whatever spec it has.
I believe you are referring to the Emira ADM Edition.

I'm just going to re-post this from time to time because somehow it keeps me sane:

Isn‘t it time to start a discussion around the possibility that this car never gets to North America?

I'm just going to re-post this from time to time because somehow it keeps me sane:

Isn‘t it time to start a discussion around the possibility that this car never gets to North America?

It could be real, but I bet Lotus dealerships would all Sue Lotus company. But I wouldn't put it past them. What is clear though is they are favoring other markets rather than N/A. We are getting zero special treatment, quite the opposite actually.

I can see the eletre sells like hotcakes which is coming out in a few weeks (China plant has their shit together) they will focus more on China.

It could be real, but I bet Lotus dealerships would all Sue Lotus company. But I wouldn't put it past them. What is clear though is they are favoring other markets rather than N/A. We are getting zero special treatment, quite the opposite actually.

I can see the eletre sells like hotcakes which is coming out in a few weeks (China plant has their shit together) they will focus more on China.
At this point I think imo that they will not deliver to NA.
Not worth saying more as whatever I think or have to say will just be repetitive.

Apologies in advance for my likely perceived laziness but I've been traveling and haven't had time to check this forum. Are we looking at continued delays for NA deliveries based on reliable sources? I was really hoping for a December delivery. Is that now a pipe dream?

Apologies in advance for my likely perceived laziness but I've been traveling and haven't had time to check this forum. Are we looking at continued delays for NA deliveries based on reliable sources? I was really hoping for a December delivery. Is that now a pipe dream?
Apologies if my memory is off, but did you place a deposit with Cape Fear more recently? If so, did you ever determine if you were given an FE 1.0 slot? Without any real confirmation, it seems 1.0’s MIGHT land stateside Nov/Dec, with 2.0’s following in March/April. However, the sentiment here is that a delay announcement is eminent given Lotus hasn’t received CARB certification. Again, nothing is certain.

NA production was supposed to start in September - until this past Friday, we had no sign of NA production taking place in Lotus’s factories.

Is it still possible for Lotus to hit December? Maybe, but at this point it’s highly unlikely.

I would very much temper your expectations - it’s possible deliveries start in Jan/Feb at the very very earliest. Given lotus’s track record at this point and the holidays, it’s probable that deliveries will take place in Spring 2024.

Keep in mind this is all best guess, nobody really has any clue, least of all Lotus.

We are in last week of September and no information as to whether Lotus has started NA production.
Has anyone head from their dealership what is happening.
Or are we just waiting for another delay announcement from Lotus
Or are we going to be told that Lotus is not going to build cars for NA

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back