• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I reiterate my point. They KNOW how many allocations they have. They shouldn't have to "think" that someone may get an allocation.
Agree here. They either have an FE 2.0 allocation for you or they don’t. All dealers have been told what their allocations are and told to fill them and submit.

Reactions: DMc
I think can we agree that there is a very good pointed reason they are not doing N/A? Could the certifications process actually be more difficult then they though? Its in Lotus's best financial interest to get them out to us as fast as possible, so why are they not? What is the ACTUAL reason?
Because it’s China. Because the car is underpowered with an engine that can handle much more. NA is last because China wants us last.

My dealer (Calgary) seemed to have quite a few allocations. I also know 3 people who had deposits there and pulled out so may be a good option if you’re still looking for a slot.

My dealer (Calgary) seemed to have quite a few allocations. I also know 3 people who had deposits there and pulled out so may be a good option if you’re still looking for a slot.
How is it 2 years into this 'launch' that allocations go begging?
I thought deep waiting lists were a thing.

Many people had lost interest even a year ago. The more this drags on, the more the list will condense. However, I believe there have been new deposits.

A lot of the people I know placed deposits in June after an Emira event that had a V6 FE on display and available for test drive. Every person I know that placed a deposit in June got a call this week for allocation, so I can’t speak of a long waiting list.

I think the Emira is a great car. It looks stunning and has everything a driver wants out of a car. It had a smile on my face the entire test drive and I felt sold on it at the time. The launch of it in North America and hearing about many of the issues on top of price increase has just been a turn off for a lot of people including myself I think. When I’m spending $150k(cad)+ on a car I want to sure ensure that it’s going to be quality and that I won’t need to be visiting the dealership consistently to clear codes, diagnose faults or paint problems and anything of the like,

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to bash the car. I’m just voicing my opinion on why allocations may be opening up and why the demand has decreased for the vehicle.

Last edited:
My dealer said they were already speccing orders and I'm thirteen down the list. They figured three months before my number is up.

Is payment on the order date or delivery date?
(Deposit October '22)
Provided you ponied up the second deposit, when asked (build complete, so around shipping time) complete payment is due in full - by 7 days from Invoice (arrival at dealer). You get invoiced, and you gotta cough up kweek.

My dealer said they were already speccing orders and I'm thirteen down the list. They figured three months before my number is up.

Is payment on the order date or delivery date?
(Deposit October '22)
Payment is on delivery date.

I think it was officially announced when they did their Sedona roadtrip episodes. The end of their Emira review they said something like "or we could cancel the order and use the money to do something we always wanted to, like a roadtrip series." And then the AZ videos came out soon after. James is a member here but hasn't logged in since mid 2022 (which is also quite telling).

I'm not so sure about that? Their review of the Cayman GTS 4.0 they mentioned that they were still waiting, and that they would take the Emira over the GTS 4.0. That review also came out after their road-trip series, so I'm not entirely sure that it's correct they cancelled their order.

For FE2. Boardwalk has offered me FE twice but I prefer to remain Base and not take the early adopter risks.
I mean, there's no "early adopter" option even available to you. By the time they build and ship a car to you as an "FE 1.0" they'll be in the 3rd year of production. Cars being built right now are in the 2nd year of production already.

I mean, there's no "early adopter" option even available to you. By the time they build and ship a car to you as an "FE 1.0" they'll be in the 3rd year of production. Cars being built right now are in the 2nd year of production already.
I know. Just making fun that 3y in, the car has all sorts of minor issues.

Please let Lotus know they should have issues worked out by now then :)

At this point I would rather they wait to start building on 1/1/2024 so that these are 2025 cars. I am towards the end of the FE 1.0 list so I am hopeful that I can squeeze into 2024. I have no issues driving in the winter, just would prefer a 1 year "newer" car, at least on paper.

Man, I didn't think that I'd still be using this same meme a whole year later...

september-build-october-delivery.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back