• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

my deposit was in July 2023 so this will be my first Lotus Delay Experience.

oh boy 😐

Last edited:
Reactions: DMc
Let's start a pool on when the delay will be announced. I vote for December 23.
What do you mean "announced"? They haven't announced any of the previous delays either.

Here's every email I've ever received from Lotus Cars. I placed my deposit on July 10, 2021. The last time I received anything directly related to my order was in October of 2021, and the last time I received an email that even mentioned that I was a customer was in November of that year. That's 23 months now without any meaningful contact from Lotus UK about the order that I have pending.

1695659022466.png

They literally haven't sent anything other than marketing fluff since, and mostly not about Emira.

There has been ZERO direct meaningful communication to the end customer about status from Lotus in all of 2022 and 2023 so far. And I've only received unsolicited email from my own dealer twice since placing my hard order through to the factory in April of 2022, and one of those was to give me an update in March of 2023 describing the delays that we had all known about for ~3-4 months. But I get why... the dealers are as much in the dark as the end customers, because Lotus doesn't really communicate with them either, at least not in any way that is remotely informative or empowering.

The utter lack of proactive communication by Lotus to their paying, deposited customers remains shocking to me. I literally don't understand why they are so committed to damaging their own brand.

Yeah I've never seen a delay announced either - a singular video on youtube I had to find out about from this forum doesn't really count for an announcement if it wasn't even directed at me.

What do you mean "announced"? They haven't announced any of the previous delays either.

Here's every email I've ever received from Lotus Cars. I placed my deposit on July 10, 2021. The last time I received anything directly related to my order was in October of 2021, and the last time I received an email that even mentioned that I was a customer was in November of that year. That's 23 months now without any meaningful contact from Lotus UK about the order that I have pending.

View attachment 31596

They literally haven't sent anything other than marketing fluff since, and mostly not about Emira.

There has been ZERO direct meaningful communication to the end customer about status from Lotus in all of 2022 and 2023 so far. And I've only received unsolicited email from my own dealer twice since placing my hard order through to the factory in April of 2022, and one of those was to give me an update in March of 2023 describing the delays that we had all known about for ~3-4 months. But I get why... the dealers are as much in the dark as the end customers, because Lotus doesn't really communicate with them either, at least not in any way that is remotely informative or empowering.

The utter lack of proactive communication by Lotus to their paying, deposited customers remains shocking to me. I literally don't understand why they are so committed to damaging their own brand.
Yea, by announced, I mean we hear corroborating communications from multiple dealers, including Gator.

To be honest, I have seen this type of behavior from other manufacturers. They think that as long as there is a distributor/dealer network involved, they no longer need to communicate or market directly to those customers. It takes them a long time to convince them otherwise, and some just gives up on the market altogether - it's just not in their DNA to do that type of communications. Lotus clearly can communicate with end users. They just need to do so for US customers.

I have emailed every email address I have for Lotus Corporate (4 different ones), with a request for truthful information about U.S. car production/certification approval status. I assume it will go unanswered. If I get any info, I’ll pass it on. My dealer is clueless.

I have emailed every email address I have for Lotus Corporate (4 different ones), with a request for truthful information about U.S. car production/certification approval status. I assume it will go unanswered. If I get any info, I’ll pass it on. My dealer is clueless.
I admire your effort, but if two years of brow-beating from other customers hasn't gotten their attention then your emails might not either.

I just got off the phone with the Dallas Lotus dealer. they said they would get their demo cars (one i4 and one v6) and 7 FE1.0 for customers in just 2 weeks! (maybe that 7 is including the demos)

sounded so soon I had to ask a 2nd time to make sure. he seems to be really sure!

I am now #118 and even still he thinks I will get my car Q4 of 2024

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with the Dallas Lotus dealer. they said they would get their demo cars and 7 FE1.0 for customers in just 2 weeks! (maybe that 7 is including the demos)

sounded so soon I had to ask a 2nd time to make sure. he seems to be really sure!

Dealers only know what Lotus and Lotus USA tells them they know...which is usually nothing and never right. I believe nothing my dealer tells me about timelines. If they were getting cars in 2 weeks they would be at the port or on the boat already.

I just got off the phone with the Dallas Lotus dealer. they said they would get their demo cars (one i4 and one v6) and 7 FE1.0 for customers in just 2 weeks! (maybe that 7 is including the demos)

All of us so badly hope your dealer is right, but most would also bet their next five paychecks that it won’t happen.

We could only hope.

im still new on this Lotus waiting journey, my hopes and dreams havent been crushed yet 🤞

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some lucky contestants may yet see cars this year, but 2 weeks sounds early. I do know that Emira training for US dealer techs is scheduled, which is a very good sign that Lotus US must think we'll see them in the not too distant future.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back