• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I just got off the phone with the Dallas Lotus dealer. they said they would get their demo cars (one i4 and one v6) and 7 FE1.0 for customers in just 2 weeks! (maybe that 7 is including the demos)

sounded so soon I had to ask a 2nd time to make sure. he seems to be really sure!

I am now #118 and even still he thinks I will get my car Q4 of 2024
Are you familiar with the (time) concept of Dog Years?

I would confirm your deposit and place in line.

I just got off the phone with the Dallas Lotus dealer. they said they would get their demo cars (one i4 and one v6) and 7 FE1.0 for customers in just 2 weeks! (maybe that 7 is including the demos)

sounded so soon I had to ask a 2nd time to make sure. he seems to be really sure!

And you believe what you were told twice hmmm 🤔
Are you sure you spoke to someone at Lotus of Dallas

This is what bad communication, or in Lotus's example NO communication does. We have a dealer telling people they are getting theirs in a few weeks? While Lotus hasnt confirmed/denied that US production has started. Lotus has become sort of a laughing stock now.

This is what bad communication, or in Lotus's example NO communication does. We have a dealer telling people they are getting theirs in a few weeks? While Lotus hasnt confirmed/denied that US production has started. Lotus has become sort of a laughing stock now.
A wise man once said:
Time is just a social construct.
See how neatly it binds us all?

I don’t believe the customer cars will be here in 2 weeks!

Dallas test drive event Oct 11 and 12th, 2 Emiras maual and auto, did not say i4 or V6 for the auto. Also a viewing for the Type 66 by reservation on 11th. Just booked my 3rd test drive with them. Feb 1, 2022 reservation, was asked to lock in my configuration last week for a FEV2 V6 Manual, $2500 deposit Feb 1, 22 with nothing else required, told Feb build with May delivery but not holding breath, was just happy to have some action!

I just booked Driver's Academy visit for April of 2024. I've decided that after canceling my deposit, then being approached to come back in on an i4 FE, I am ready to "meet the parents" with Lotus. Essentially I saw this HOT new car hit Goodwood in 2021 and had to be part of it...... ever since then I've been tested at every turn to give up entirely but can't seem to quit this car. I am going to go to Hethel and bring my dad for a day at the track, factory and Classic Team Lotus. If after a full day of Lotus immersion I still find myself on the fence then that probably means I need to cut bait and walk away, but I do hope that once I get to Hethel the magic of the experience will create an even more nostalgic reason to stick it out and take delivery whenever the good folks at Geely (sorry Freudian slip, I meant Lotus) decide to send one of these little buggers across the pond to Los Angeles so I can overpay for it and start educating everyone at the local gas station on the differences between the Ferrari and Lotus badges.

Hey Tony and the Gator squad, can you squash our dim aspirations and let us know what you’ve heard (or not heard)? I’m much more productive when not on the forum!

It makes me jealous to think that somewhere in the multiverse, another me is driving my freakin' Emira right now.

Dallas test drive event Oct 11 and 12th, 2 Emiras maual and auto, did not say i4 or V6 for the auto. Also a viewing for the Type 66 by reservation on 11th. Just booked my 3rd test drive with them. Feb 1, 2022 reservation, was asked to lock in my configuration last week for a FEV2 V6 Manual, $2500 deposit Feb 1, 22 with nothing else required, told Feb build with May delivery but not holding breath, was just happy to have some action!
That's likely with the EU-spec demonstration cars that are being moved around by Lotus USA for short-term events at each dealer. They were imported many months ago and are street legal only on manufacturer plates.

They are not "dealer demos" owned by the dealer (which would therefore be US-spec cars, legal for US sale), which is what this dealer employee is claiming.

Last edited:
That's likely with the EU-spec demo cars being moved around by Lotus USA for short term events at each dealer. Not "dealer demos" owned by the dealer (and therefore legal for US sale), which is what this dealer employee is claiming.
Yeah, if it was a dealers demo then it wouldn't only be for 2 days of scheduled test drives before they move on to the next dealer. Nobody has seen a US spec car in the states yet that I am aware of.
For anyone in North Texas that wants to try and get in on the schedule for test drive....

Yeah, if it was a dealers demo then it wouldn't only be for 2 days of scheduled test drives before they move on to the next dealer. Nobody has seen a US spec car in the states yet that I am aware of.
For anyone in North Texas that wants to try and get in on the schedule for test drive....
Was that a Dallas Depositor invitation sent to the long-suffering to reward them for their loyal patience?

They might get built in two weeks if we’re lucky 😅

My money has LOST me around $2500. If I would have kept it in my money market account, that is the interest I would have made in the almost 3 years. Is Lotus going to cover this? NOPE.

I just booked Driver's Academy visit for April of 2024. I've decided that after canceling my deposit, then being approached to come back in on an i4 FE, I am ready to "meet the parents" with Lotus. Essentially I saw this HOT new car hit Goodwood in 2021 and had to be part of it...... ever since then I've been tested at every turn to give up entirely but can't seem to quit this car. I am going to go to Hethel and bring my dad for a day at the track, factory and Classic Team Lotus. If after a full day of Lotus immersion I still find myself on the fence then that probably means I need to cut bait and walk away, but I do hope that once I get to Hethel the magic of the experience will create an even more nostalgic reason to stick it out and take delivery whenever the good folks at Geely (sorry Freudian slip, I meant Lotus) decide to send one of these little buggers across the pond to Los Angeles so I can overpay for it and start educating everyone at the local gas station on the differences between the Ferrari and Lotus badges.
Mind telling me how you did this? The website doesn't have 2024 dates and I've been waiting to schedule our trip until I can get a confirmed date booked.

I postponed my trip as track was/ is closed till end of February.
If you like DM me and let me know dates you are going.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back