• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Mind telling me how you did this? The website doesn't have 2024 dates and I've been waiting to schedule our trip until I can get a confirmed date booked.
You have to select the experience you want and then select a month from the drop-down. I'm surprised how few open dates they had offered but for the "Introduction to Sports Cars" there were 3 dates with availability in April of 2024. I will be there for the 18th of April. I would've gone later in the Spring/Early Summer but also hoping to catch a Futbol game that weekend if I'm going all that way!

The other offerings have even less dates available on the website but I'm not sure that they will be opening up any more dates.

Yeah, if it was a dealers demo then it wouldn't only be for 2 days of scheduled test drives before they move on to the next dealer. Nobody has seen a US spec car in the states yet that I am aware of.
For anyone in North Texas that wants to try and get in on the schedule for test drive....
They are definitely EU spec
Now let’s all wait to be told NA cars delayed another 6 months
This just a nice way of telling us “try these” get our hopes up 🙃

They are definitely EU spec
Now let’s all wait to be told NA cars delayed another 6 months
This just a nice way of telling us “try these” get our hopes up 🙃
Be sure to get LHD.
Unless you wish to make it extra fun.

OK hear me out.

Emira v6 FE = $105k
20% down, 4.99% interest for 60 months, 6.25% sales tax.
Cash buyers hold your tongue. I taught financial literacy. I get it.
= $1,708/mo.

Flight from NYC to UK: $500 average round trip
Rental car for 48 hours: $100
Lotus driver academy: $1200 for the custom advanced full day
Gas, meals: $100
= $1,700

Go drive an Emira on track and sharpen your driving skills once per month every month until your Emira is delivered.

I see no flaws in my logic. Everyone lives in NYC right?

OK hear me out.

Emira v6 FE = $105k
= $1,708/mo.

= $1,700

Go drive an Emira on track and sharpen your driving skills once per month every month until your Emira is delivered.

As long as you sleep in the rental car and your only meal is a packet of crisps from Tesco, the math works out perfectly! 😂

As long as you sleep in the rental car and your only meal is a packet of crisps from Tesco, the math works out perfectly! 😂

Oh I was going to ask to sleep in Tom E.'s garage

Edit: Last time I drove to Hethel I got a Tesla from Hertz and charging was free. So put that $100 toward an airbnb. Lotus academy feeds you.

This is a viable plan.

Here’s an Airbnb in London for a mere $91/night. 5 star rating! Simplify and add lightness!

IMG_9803.png

As long as you sleep in the rental car and your only meal is a packet of crisps from Tesco, the math works out perfectly!
OK hear me out.

Emira v6 FE = $105k
= $1,708/mo.

= $1,700

Let me know where to get $500 round trip.

And you believe what you were told twice hmmm 🤔
Are you sure you spoke to someone at Lotus of Dallas
yeah it was mike or mikey. hes the main Lotus guy over there from what iv heard

also damn 17 notifications in a few hours :LOL:

I’ve just caught up on 5 pages of updates to realize nothing had changed, however I’m feeling confident it’s “soon” as I’ve cleaned my garage in anticipation… keep the faith!

71735399198__3E7F98C1-D8BC-448A-A410-2A6E8BA9C1DE.jpeg

I placed an Emira deposit last month, and since then my calls (always to voicemail) and emails have gone unanswered, so I was amazed to receive this response earlier this week:

the_deej said:
Do I have a chance at a Manual V6 FE?
Boardwalk Lotus said:
The FE builds end in April 2024 with deliveries in the late summer. You are fairly down on the list but it is very fluid with many opting for the base V6 rather than the FE. We'll keep you posted.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back