• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

1695753801591.png

According to my US dealer, they are now ordering/configuring cars for March 2024 build and June 2024 delivery. August 2023 orders are supposed to be completed in January 2024 with March 2024 US delivery.

One positive piece of news I learned today is Lotus is building a new dealership in Sarasota Florida (Bee Ridge Road for those who care). I've been worried about the long haul to Naples to get service (a 2 hour drive). This will help.

According to my US dealer, they are now ordering/configuring cars for March 2024 build and June 2024 delivery. August 2023 orders are supposed to be completed in January 2024 with March 2024 US delivery.

One positive piece of news I learned today is Lotus is building a new dealership in Sarasota Florida (Bee Ridge Road for those who care). I've been worried about the long haul to Naples to get service (a 2 hour drive). This will help.
This is probably the most accurate dates I have seen talked about. I would imagine Lotus wants all V6 F/E's in production for North America prior to Q2 to launch the base configurator. I could see last build dates for V6 F/E 2.0 being April of 2024. Maybe a few more allocations to come through until the order book closes.

Hope they are not building it and the not getting any cars. Definitely no FE.1 or .2 they are all supposedly sold

What about the March of 2022 orders??!?! The OG depositers?

I think Sarasota would be closer than Orlando and no I4 traffic, so I'm happy to hear that

I have no faith this will actually happen, and I would encourage others to wait for delivery dates until either we see lotus get both CARB and EPA approvals or we see cars actually arrive in port or we get news that NA production cars are regularly rolling off the line.

Last edited:
My money has LOST me around $2500. If I would have kept it in my money market account, that is the interest I would have made in the almost 3 years. Is Lotus going to cover this? NOPE.
Whoever is worried about interest on $2500 shouldn't be buying this car. You can't afford it. I put down 5k and not worried about it. C'mon really? lol.

OK hear me out.

Emira v6 FE = $105k
20% down, 4.99% interest for 60 months, 6.25% sales tax.
Cash buyers hold your tongue. I taught financial literacy. I get it.
= $1,708/mo.

Flight from NYC to UK: $500 average round trip
Rental car for 48 hours: $100
Lotus driver academy: $1200 for the custom advanced full day
Gas, meals: $100
= $1,700

Go drive an Emira on track and sharpen your driving skills once per month every month until your Emira is delivered.

I see no flaws in my logic. Everyone lives in NYC right?
You guys get cheap flights in the USA. Up here in Canada we get screwed.. $1100

You guys get cheap flights in the USA. Up here in Canada we get screwed.. $1100
That's not too bad. We are paying about 900 per person round trip from the DC area.

................ One positive piece of news I learned today is Lotus is building a new dealership in Sarasota Florida (Bee Ridge Road for those who care). I've been worried about the long haul to Naples to get service (a 2 hour drive). This will help.

Great for you...., yet Florida does not need another Lotus Dealer... does it?
Florida already has 6 Lotus Dealers. Sarasota will make 7! How about you send a Dealer up to South Carolina that has ZERO Lotus Dealers......

Screenshot 2023-09-26 163823.png

;)

Whoever is worried about interest on $2500 shouldn't be buying this car. You can't afford it. I put down 5k and not worried about it. C'mon really? lol.
You dont care about 2500? Please send it over to me. I dont think people should be throwing around "you cant afford it"s. Just really low class. $2500 is not chump change to many people.

I think he meant not having his full deposit in a higher interest account has cost him about $2500 in interest that he could have made, because he kept it fluid so that he could pay for the car if it arrived on time.

Not interest on $2500.

I think he meant not having his full deposit in a higher interest account has cost him about $2500 in interest that he could have made, because he kept it fluid so that he could pay for the car if it arrived on time.

Thats right. The 10k+ I have down would have MADE me 2500 in interest. Thats what I am talking about loosing out on.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back