• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Great for you...., yet Florida does not need another Lotus Dealer... does it?
Florida already has 6 Lotus Dealers. Sarasota will make 7! How about you send a Dealer up to South Carolina that has ZERO Lotus Dealers......

View attachment 31635

;)
I TOTALLY agree Lotus needs more dealers across the US, and not just in Florida. If I were them, I would work on a partnership with an existing dealer group.

Perhaps partnership with Volvo??

I TOTALLY agree Lotus needs more dealers across the US, and not just in Florida. If I were them, I would work on a partnership with an existing dealer group.

Perhaps partnership with Volvo??
They should 100% have one Lotus certified tech at every Volvo location.

That's not too bad. We are paying about 900 per person round trip from the DC area.

IAD <> London!

IMG_0022.png

Great for you...., yet Florida does not need another Lotus Dealer... does it?
Florida already has 6 Lotus Dealers. Sarasota will make 7! How about you send a Dealer up to South Carolina that has ZERO Lotus Dealers......

View attachment 31635

;)

The European low-production manufacturer consensus seems to be that Charlotte, NC is close enough. Lotus has decided similarly for Virginia, a state that contains the richest counties in the country - they think a converted used car lot in Rockville MD is close enough.

My apologies all, I haven't been keeping up with this thread and I'm about 30 pages behind, but I wanted to let you all know I received a call from my dealership that I'll be placing an order tomorrow for a February build date. It's a First Edition 2.0 although I was originally reserved for Base #156. I had received a call a few weeks ago asking if I'd be willing to take a AMG First Edition which I declined. I told them I wasn't expecting it so early but the salesman indicated people are dropping out and deferring their build date for a variety of reasons so although my deposit was only placed 11 months ago, I'll be getting my car sooner than I had expected.

My apologies all, I haven't been keeping up with this thread and I'm about 30 pages behind, but I wanted to let you all know I received a call from my dealership that I'll be placing an order tomorrow for a February build date. It's a First Edition 2.0 although I was originally reserved for Base #156. I had received a call a few weeks ago asking if I'd be willing to take a AMG First Edition which I declined. I told them I wasn't expecting it so early but the salesman indicated people are dropping out and deferring their build date for a variety of reasons so although my deposit was only placed 11 months ago, I'll be getting my car sooner than I had expected.
I think this really shows what is going on.

Dealers solely know the allocation build months that they received. They are going to keep moving towards those dates until they have better knowledge.

Lotus HQ on the other hand is probably more aware of what will really happen, even if it's a little fluid for them as well. But they won't update dealers until they feel like they have a plan to share.

Just leads to utter paralysis on up to date information and new buyers coming in now, maybe continuing to get an outdated set of information.

That is good news. I know many Canadian customers that made deposits in the fall of 2021 that are still waiting for an allocation. Me included.

Lotus - get better support for your Canadian customers / dealers. Shameful.

They should 100% have one Lotus certified tech at every Volvo location.
I agree with this! I'm sure there would be a concern about stocking parts, but let's be honest, even the official Lotus dealers aren't going to have parts either. It will be an "order and wait" routine for almost everything.

Thats right. The 10k+ I have down would have MADE me 2500 in interest. Thats what I am talking about loosing out on.
You get 7.5% in a money market. What fund? I should buy into that one. I get 5.1% in a high interest savings account at the credit union but the extra 2 points is worth a switch

Time to change your screen name, due to this good news.

Which dealer?

As of 9-15-23, the last CARB certification EO approval that Lotus got was on 3-4-21, which I assume was on a version of the Evora, Elise, or Exige. So, Emira certification still pending.

As of 9-15-23, the last CARB certification EO approval that Lotus got was on 3-4-21, which I assume was on a version of the Evora, Elise, or Exige. So, Emira certification still pending.
That was Evora. Exige and Elise haven't been sold in the US since 2011.

You get 7.5% in a money market. What fund? I should buy into that one. I get 5.1% in a high interest savings account at the credit union but the extra 2 points is worth a switch

Im going off of the almost 3 years it has been in there. If it was with my original 70k I had put in I would have gained around 2600 off of just the 10k+ i have down as a deposit. The rate I have is 4.67. I just recently moved the bulk to this money market fund because I don't believe I will be seeing the Emira anytime soon, and I kept the money super liquid so I could pay the dealer when they asked.

Now I have my 70k resting in the money market account making me 3269.14 a year in interest. Im a dumbass for not moving it in there 3 years ago. Live and learn!

1695849488676.png

I have made 74.91 by having it in there less than 2 weeks.
1695849639536.png

Im going off of the almost 3 years it has been in there. If it was with my original 70k I had put in I would have gained around 2600 off of just the 10k+ i have down as a deposit. The rate I have is 4.67. I just recently moved the bulk to this money market fund because I don't believe I will be seeing the Emira anytime soon, and I kept the money super liquid so I could pay the dealer when they asked.

Now I have my 70k resting in the money market account making me 3269.14 a year in interest. Im a dumbass for not moving it in there 3 years ago. Live and learn!

View attachment 31659

I have made 74.91 by having it in there less than 2 weeks. View attachment 31660
Don’t beat yourself up. Money markets were paying almost zero 3 years ago.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back