• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I'm honestly not sure at this point. I'm confident the i4 will have upgraded versions sold, but the V6 might only get one other "final edition" at ~430HP or so. We'll see what happens... for now, let's just hope the First Editions eventually arrive.

There was this leak earlier this year:

If Type R and S are in the stars for the Emira that could explain why Lotus is last to the NA; the market most likely to purchase those variations or even be allowed to. Just like what happened to the Evora FE. It was not as well appointed as year 2. If word got out that there’s a 430hp variant coming “soon” they’d have 2500 drop out of the FE queue

I saw that back when it came out. Can anyone confirm if J, K, L, M are also used in the Elise, Exige, Evora configuration? If so, it could just be a formatting thing done for consistency.

My Evora GT VIN starts with SCCLMD...

Please get as much info as you can. If we know the ratios of FE1.0/FE2.0 allocations we can speculate elsewhere. Would also be interesting to get a sense of what the percentage of people dropping out (if you were #156 but moved up to #?.......).
My order is placed. He's telling me he doesn't know how many allocations they will get because they simply trickle in and he goes down the dealership's list of reservation holders in their order. He said this month he got three V6s and I was one of the ones who took it. Sometimes it's 2, sometimes, none. Depends on what Lotus gives them.

He did mention they have open i4 orders available that no one is taking which is interesting to me. I'm sure Lotus would like to sell more i4s for CAFE requirements but I'm surprised there are no takers at all.

My order is placed. He's telling me he doesn't know how many allocations they will get because they simply trickle in and he goes down the dealership's list of reservation holders in their order. He said this month he got three V6s and I was one of the ones who took it. Sometimes it's 2, sometimes, none. Depends on what Lotus gives them.

He did mention they have open i4 orders available that no one is taking which is interesting to me. I'm sure Lotus would like to sell more i4s for CAFE requirements but I'm surprised there are no takers at all.
My guess is that in the US - fair or not - nobody wants to pay 6 figures for anything with only 4 cylinders. And a lot of the appeal of this car is that it's the last manual. If you wanted an auto, you'd just buy a C8 or a PDK.

My guess is that in the US - fair or not - nobody wants to pay 6 figures for anything with only 4 cylinders. And a lot of the appeal of this car is that it's the last manual. If you wanted an auto, you'd just buy a C8 or a PDK.
I want an auto, but the c8 is hideous. And I can’t wear new balance shoes to work. Don’t want a Cayman. If Lotus can’t come through it’ll be a used 992. Very concerned and puzzled aboit the laggy DCT, on top of the detune.

I want an auto, but the c8 is hideous. And I can’t wear new balance shoes to work. Don’t want a Cayman. If Lotus can’t come through it’ll be a used 992. Very concerned and puzzled aboit the laggy DCT, on top of the detune.
I call BS. You can absolutely wear new balance shoes to work. :p
Edit: (I agree with everything else!)

I’m more of the 570 S, GT, or 570GT. But agree if I wanted to look like an old math teacher I’d get a C8. If I was a total asshat I’d already have a Porsche.

I’m more of the 570 S, GT, or 570GT. But agree if I wanted to look like an old math teacher I’d get a C8. If I was a total asshat I’d already have a Porsche.

I was soooo close to buying a 570. I'm so, sooooooooo glad I didn't do that. I thankfully got it out of my system with a few test drives.

I was soooo close to buying a 570. I'm so, sooooooooo glad I didn't do that. I thankfully got it out of my system with a few test drives.
Really, the UX wasn’t up to snuff? My limited experience showed they were a little generous with the throttle and city driving was difficult.

My Evora GT VIN starts with SCCLMD...
I'm a little suspicious of this VIN decoder. First, there is just a general level of sloppiness to the boxes and lines - they don't all fully connect consistently as they do in the official Vin decoder documents. Second, the box for the Model contains two digits; the proper way to reference this would be to have one Model box listing the multiple models, instead of two different boxes, one for the model and another one for "Car Line". The Car Line box also appears to have a different weight to the border, and its lines are slightly sharper than the other boxes and lines. The character kerning also looks off between the Car Line and Engine boxes: the equal sign is aligned in one, but not the other. And to the extent that it's not aligned in the Engine box, it can't be explained by extraneous spaces, nor does it match the character kerning from authentic Lotus Vin decoder documents. Lastly, the restraint description looks off as well: there should be a comma after DUAL SIR, indicating there's more, and the "4 x" should come after "Side SIR" to match the style of valid Vin documents.

Maybe Lotus document guys are just getting sloppy. I don't know. But I'm doubtful.

Honestly, the only real joy of any automatic (DCT or good slush box) is the snappy response in shifts, both up and down. All the reviews of the i4 show that it misses that mark by a very wide margin. I was once possibly interested in the i4 (lighter weight, easier to add more power, etc) but that interest has vanished after hearing about what they're delivering.

If they have the configuration ready, they should really consider just upping the I4 FE to 400HP. It's one of the main reasons why people are shying away from it, knowing that a 400HP version is already being sold elsewhere and it's just a matter of time for it to be offered in the US.

Had a down and up day yesterday. We are off to the London and had a tour of the Lotus Factory scheduled when I received an email stating there was an injury and they couldn't accommodate our scheduled date. The two other dates Lotus provided, we already had plans. I was pretty bummed, and ready to just get a refund, but wrote back seeing if they could somehow squeeze us in on either of a couple of other free days we had. That afternoon I received a call from my dealer. They had a build slot open for February 2024, with delivery three to six months after. I couldn't believe it. I gave my spec last night and it was submitted this morning. Things are moving a lot faster than I initially thought. I think more people are dropping out. I put in my deposit Nov. 2022. Then receive an email this morning from the Lotus factory saying they could reschedule us for one days I mentioned. I have an ear to ear grin that will only get bigger once the car arrives.

So production days for September have come and gone. North American Emiras are still not in production. Question: since the holidays are almost upon us, does Lotus take a holiday break? When and how long? I'm guessing if they don't start N.A. production next month, they probably won't start until January or later. Not so bad for me actually. I would rather receive my car in early Spring than in the dead of winter.

Really, the UX wasn’t up to snuff? My limited experience showed they were a little generous with the throttle and city driving was difficult.

They are super exciting to drive and look at. I just wouldn't want to own one. When I was shopping, 2016-2017s (7-8 years old now) in the spec I wanted were $155-175k. Most of those have 3+ owners already. Extended warranties are essential and expensive. Modded from private sellers can't be certified, so no warranty. Service and parts are rediculously expensive. I'm talking $12k just for front brakes (without labor). PPIs are expensive from McMedics and usually reveal major issues (leaky shocks, faulty sensors, etc). All that to say, they are exciting to drive but scary to own IMO. You gotta have deep pockets.

I personally find my Evora equally as exciting to drive and much more engaging. It's just as exotic looking, much cheaper to purchase and maintain, and I'm not terrified to drive it at its limits, but it's still powerful enough to demand respect.

I understand people here not wanting to take delivery in winter, but I want mine immediately. I can always lock it in the garage until nice weather, but would sleep a lot better knowing it's in my possession and not coming "soon".

I understand people here not wanting to take delivery in winter, but I want mine immediately. I can always lock it in the garage until nice weather, but would sleep a lot better knowing it's in my possession and not coming "soon".
Yea, I want mine ASAP. I am not getting any younger.

They are super exciting to drive and look at. I just wouldn't want to own one. When I was shopping, 2016-2017s (7-8 years old now) in the spec I wanted were $155-175k. Most of those have 3+ owners already. Extended warranties are essential and expensive. Modded from private sellers can't be certified, so no warranty. Service and parts are rediculously expensive. I'm talking $12k just for front brakes (without labor). PPIs are expensive from McMedics and usually reveal major issues (leaky shocks, faulty sensors, etc). All that to say, they are exciting to drive but scary to own IMO. You gotta have deep pockets.

I personally find my Evora equally as exciting to drive and much more engaging. It's just as exotic looking, much cheaper to purchase and maintain, and I'm not terrified to drive it at its limits, but it's still powerful enough to demand respect.
Agree there. I was shopping for an Evora GT when I saw the Emira launch.

Any words? Our govs about to be shutdown, the least Lotus could do is rain some sunshine down on us with at least some information.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back