• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Agree there. I was shopping for an Evora GT when I saw the Emira launch.

Kind of the same for me... I was looking for my next fun car, thinking how great it would be for me to have a manual sports car before I turned 50. I was thinking through all the neat cars that I was drawn to over the years and wanted to check into the Evora. I don't think I would have bought an Evora because it's a little too esoteric and low-volume for me. But the Emira is just the right balance of medium-rare.

Kind of the same for me... I was looking for my next fun car, thinking how great it would be for me to have a manual sports car before I turned 50. I was thinking through all the neat cars that I was drawn to over the years and wanted to check into the Evora. I don't think I would have bought an Evora because it's a little too esoteric and low-volume for me. But the Emira is just the right balance of medium-rare.
LOL, my last sports car. Thought I would have this before I turned 52, here is to hoping, better get it before I turn 53. :ROFLMAO:

So production days for September have come and gone. North American Emiras are still not in production. Question: since the holidays are almost upon us, does Lotus take a holiday break? When and how long? I'm guessing if they don't start N.A. production next month, they probably won't start until January or later. Not so bad for me actually. I would rather receive my car in early Spring than in the dead of winter.
I'm waiting for a 911T so secretly hoping I can get the Emira as late as possible in 24 or 25. Or even be able to roll the deposit for the super mega r s GT V6 version that @VL3X has promised me!

LOL, my last sports car. Thought I would have this before I turned 52, here is to hoping, better get it before I turn 53. :ROFLMAO:
Turning 53 here in a few weeks. By the time we take delivery, you, Nova and me can have a meet-up at The Villages in Florida and bitch about the government while eating Jell-O and wearing white pants. All between the party hours of 5-6pm.

It's surreal when I think back to the excitement of late summer 2021. I'm not 50 yet but it's getting to be a nail-biter whether the Emira will get here in time.

So production days for September have come and gone. North American Emiras are still not in production. Question: since the holidays are almost upon us, does Lotus take a holiday break? When and how long? I'm guessing if they don't start N.A. production next month, they probably won't start until January or later. Not so bad for me actually. I would rather receive my car in early Spring than in the dead of winter.
This is 100%? Nothing in September?

Turning 53 here in a few weeks. By the time we take delivery, you, Nova and me can have a meet-up at The Villages in Florida and bitch about the government while eating Jell-O and wearing white pants. All between the party hours of 5-6pm.
I'll pay for the Early Bird Dinner Special. :ROFLMAO:

It's surreal when I think back to the excitement of late summer 2021. I'm not 50 yet but it's getting to be a nail-biter whether the Emira will get here in time.
Crap 💩!!! Are we all waiting for 50th birthday 🎂 to justify the purchase? ….asking for a friend who needs to take delivery in Q1 ‘25

Emira buyers' ages would be an interesting demographic. Is there a way to create an anonymous poll to see how old Emira buyers are (at least those on the forum)?

Emira buyers' ages would be an interesting demographic. Is there a way to create an anonymous poll to see how old Emira buyers are (at least those on the forum)?
yep certainly possible there is a poll feature already built in

I’ll start - 27!

Look let’s face it, we’re the demographic of the C8 with the income of the 911
probably most

tho there was a post earlier calling out people in their 20s with a surprising amount of posters and I also dont match being 31

Morbid thought, but statistically a non-zero number of reservation holders have likely passed away while waiting.

Tick tock Lotus, tick tock.

Morbid thought, but statistically a non-zero number of reservation holders have likely passed away while waiting.

I don't think about not making it to delivery, but I sure as hell wonder if my knees and hips will hold out long enough to crawl in!

Kitkat is now banned from our Lotus community at The Villages because of his stark - and unfortunately accurate - reminder!

Received a call yesterday from Eurocar (Lotus of Orange County, CA) with an offer of a FE 2.0 V6 build slot. I had just missed the cutoff for their second allocation and was 4th on the standing list for the first base allocation V6 at some point in the future (I previously declined a I4 slot). I asked the rep if previous buyers had dropped out and he said no but as soon as they filled their last allocation they let their Lotus rep know they could fill more 2.0 orders if they had the additional slots. Lotus give them another handful of V6 2.0 build slots. I asked but he said he didn't know if the additional cars were because some dealers had slots they couldn't fill and Lotus was able to shift them around or if Lotus had decided to build more 2.0 cars than the additional 600 cars announced. I would guess it would be in Lotus' best interest to build more fully loaded cars if the demand was there but that is conjecture on my part. He said my build slot was projected for Feb production with a May/June delivery 2024. I asked if the 1.0 cars would be built at the same time and he said they should be being built now with delivery expected in Dec/Jan.

I did not discuss ADM when I placed my deposit (July 15, 2022) and so I let him know I had no interest in paying ADM. He said the dealership had not made a decision about market adjustments at this time but he thought once the initial deliveries were behind them and availability had caught up with demand that MSRP would be more likely. Either way he said my deposit was fully refundable even once the car arrived at the dealer as they would have no problem selling the car. He sent an email confirming my ability to cancel at anytime for full refund ($3k). Final spec needed be to submitted this morning which I have done. He said he would send a confirm from Lotus shortly with the build spec. There was no additional deposit required to submit the order.

Take all of the above with a healthy dose of salt...excited to have a place in the cue. Next summer works for me...:)

probably most

tho there was a post earlier calling out people in their 20s with a surprising amount of posters and I also dont match being 31
Don't worry, they'll be much older by the time they get an Emira.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back