• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I did not discuss ADM when I placed my deposit (July 15, 2022) and so I let him know I had no interest in paying ADM. He said the dealership had not made a decision about market adjustments at this time but he thought once the initial deliveries were behind them and availability had caught up with demand that MSRP would be more likely. Either way he said my deposit was fully refundable even once the car arrived at the dealer as they would have no problem selling the car. He sent an email confirming my ability to cancel at anytime for full refund ($3k).
Wow, that's actually quite aggressive on the dealer's part if that's really the position they took. Basically "you'll pay whatever we tell you to pay, or you're welcome to cancel and we'll soak someone else". Not great.

I think he meant not having his full deposit in a higher interest account has cost him about $2500 in interest that he could have made, because he kept it fluid so that he could pay for the car if it arrived on time.

Not interest on $2500.
opps sorry misread it.. I thought he was one of those that wants interest to be paid by lotus on their deposit of $2500 last 3 years.

You dont care about 2500? Please send it over to me. I dont think people should be throwing around "you cant afford it"s. Just really low class. $2500 is not chump change to many people.
sorry..mis read your post was skimming. I thought you were one of the $2500 depositors complaining that lotus should be giving you interest for the last 3 years on your $2500 deposit.. lol

Wow, that's actually quite aggressive on the dealer's part if that's really the position they took. Basically "you'll pay whatever we tell you to pay, or you're welcome to cancel and we'll soak someone else". Not great.
It's their dealership...welcome to capitalism. By that time I should be able to order a base car with a reasonable wait time...from somebody else (looking at you Gator) if that's the way they want to play. ;)

Had a down and up day yesterday. We are off to the London and had a tour of the Lotus Factory scheduled when I received an email stating there was an injury and they couldn't accommodate our scheduled date. The two other dates Lotus provided, we already had plans. I was pretty bummed, and ready to just get a refund, but wrote back seeing if they could somehow squeeze us in on either of a couple of other free days we had. That afternoon I received a call from my dealer. They had a build slot open for February 2024, with delivery three to six months after. I couldn't believe it. I gave my spec last night and it was submitted this morning. Things are moving a lot faster than I initially thought. I think more people are dropping out. I put in my deposit Nov. 2022. Then receive an email this morning from the Lotus factory saying they could reschedule us for one days I mentioned. I have an ear to ear grin that will only get bigger once the car arrives.
Damn Im Oct 2023

Crap 💩!!! Are we all waiting for 50th birthday 🎂 to justify the purchase? ….asking for a friend who needs to take delivery in Q1 ‘25
Few days after I retired at 49 I ordered the Emira in Oct 2022. This was supposed to be my retirement and 50th bday gift to myself. Most likely my last sports car.

Morbid thought, but statistically a non-zero number of reservation holders have likely passed away while waiting.

Tick tock Lotus, tick tock.
Is that the reason for rapid line movement?
Some deadlines being met?

Why are you youngsters (50-ish) saying this will be your last sports car? 😛 The only reason I've ever said such a thing is to convince my wife to let me buy just one-last-car. ;)

We both know that I'm lying, but it's the ritual.
Wealth preservation, I live in California. :cry:🤣

Cmon Lotus, give us some updates. Killin us here.

Kitkat is now banned from our Lotus community at The Villages because of his stark - and unfortunately accurate - reminder!
1696020267901.png

I’ve heard wild stories about The Villages…. That’s going to be one hell of a cars, pimp my golf carts,and coffee meetup.

166 pages and posts on this thread……..

waiting, waiting, wanting, wishing, hoping, ……. And Not one EMIRA yet landed on U.S.A. soil for customers to complete one order.

I might be wrong but Hummer EV depositors and Tesla pickup depositors are in a somewhat similar situation.
And the Hummer people have their factories on strike

166 pages and posts on this thread……..

waiting, waiting, wanting, wishing, hoping, ……. And Not one EMIRA yet landed on U.S.A. soil for customers to complete one order.

I might be wrong but Hummer EV depositors and Tesla pickup depositors are in a somewhat similar situation.
And the Hummer people have their factories on strike
And a looming government shutdown that will further delay any necessary EPA and NHTSA certifications…

Thanks to a bill that passed a few years back all Gov employees will be reimbursed 100% for furlough time. I just think about the deployed soldiers that wives and children depends on the bi weekly paychecks..........they are the ones that suffer.

Government contractors will suffer a lot as well. They can't work and won't get paid for not working.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back