• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Please don’t shoot the messenger but this is the update I just received today. Out of respect to the dealer I’m not giving names etc… but this is what I’ve just been told. While I’m sure this is what has been communicated, I really can’t be sure if it’s accurate or takes into account the CARB certification, so take with a pinch of salt:

“I am told by our friends at Lotus that cars are being produced and that our most recent update on delivery expectations for the Emira 1st Edition cars is on schedule for arrival here in the states. Everything is on target as they indicated it would be arriving here anywhere from the 40th week of the year thru the 52nd week of the year. Those are the expectations they have shared with us.”

Please don’t shoot the messenger but this is the update I just received today. Out of respect to the dealer I’m not giving names etc… but this is what I’ve just been told. While I’m sure this is what has been communicated, I really can’t be sure if it’s accurate or takes into account the CARB certification, so take with a pinch of salt:

“I am told by our friends at Lotus that cars are being produced and that our most recent update on delivery expectations for the Emira 1st Edition cars is on schedule for arrival here in the states. Everything is on target as they indicated it would be arriving here anywhere from the 40th week of the year thru the 52nd week of the year. Those are the expectations they have shared with us.”
They said almost exactly the same about the UK i4's that were supposed to have started being built in August (2023) and weren't.....

Being produced? Like now? Anyone going for a factory visit in the near future? They can confirm or deny this immediately.

iv never heard someone say "40th week of the year" before. thats such a weird way to describe a date

iv never heard someone say "40th week of the year" before. thats such a weird way to describe a date
It's factory-speak. They schedule their work/batches by the week of the year. It's more granular than by the month, and not as OCD as by the day.

Very common in manufacturing. Bit of a niche view of the flow of time, though. :ROFLMAO:

Helpful in keeping hopes alive, but that falls short of confirmation EPA or CARB certification has been achieved.
'Wait for it, wait for it'..........,

It’s week 39 🗓️. If this is true, someone in the US will have an awesome surprise next week.
Awesome surprise is most likely
Sorry you suckers / deposit holders iin NA but we regret due to miscommunication from the highest levels.
US car have now been delayed till Q 3 2024
You will maybe receive an email very sooon confirming this next delay

I pulled out of my initial reservation back in October/November '22 but now I'm reconsidering getting back in. I mentioned when I canceled that I was considering a Supra or a used Evora and ended up actually buying a 2011 Evora NA.

Car was super clean although it had the typical mechanical issues like the clutch master cylinder, shift ball breaking, none of the fluids ever changed etc. all of which I DIY'ed (except for new tires and the alignment). And this was me working on a car for the first time ever, like I'd never even changed an air filter or oil prior to this.

Zero issue using the car as both my only car and daily either. I feel like the fear mongering over that is incredibly overhyped. I literally never had issues unless I needed to move furniture or a display (both once a year events). I even cleared out a storage unit with just my Evora lol. The worst part of it's "reliability" was the interior falling apart and needing to have parts replaced (or damage caused by myself).

I had to sell the car recently due to tech layoffs but now I want to get back into a Lotus and am now willing to wait the time for an Emira tbh. And I feel like if I could daily a 12+ year old Evora in Atlanta then a new Emira with a warranty shouldn't be an issue at all.

I also can't see myself driving any other car aside from a GR86 or Evora tbh. The steering feel of the Evora killed all other cars for me lol. My insurance rates should also drop by the end of 2024 (I was paying like $600/mo for the Evora).

Hopefully getting in now would give me til like late 2024/early 2025 to save up for at least 20-40% cause I have ZERO funds allocated for a new car right now haha. But the wait should be fun.

It’s week 39 🗓️. If this is true, someone in the US will have an awesome surprise next week.
Possible, but unless lotus clears regulations between 09/15 to next week (possible), then it is more likely the cars may arrive next week but there will still be a wait until it gets to dealers.

This is still amazing news if true, and it is very possible that it is given earlier news that lotus was producing 40 cars a day - after all, we can figure that at some point lotus will get their house in order, it’s possible it’s now!

Possible, but unless lotus clears regulations between 09/15 to next week (possible), then it is more likely the cars may arrive next week but there will still be a wait until it gets to dealers.

This is still amazing news if true, and it is very possible that it is given earlier news that lotus was producing 40 cars a day - after all, we can figure that at some point lotus will get their house in order, it’s possible it’s now!
Ok really stupid question as I’m totally confused. Not trying to be rude about this.
How can any NA cars possibly arrive next week when no NA cars have even been produced. Do you know this for sure or where you told by a sales person at a dealership.
What is I think coming next week is EU spec FE auto and a FE I 4 and a type 66

Ok really stupid question as I’m totally confused. Not trying to be rude about this.
How can any NA cars possibly arrive next week when no NA cars have even been produced. Do you know this for sure or where you told by a sales person at a dealership.
What is I think coming next week is EU spec FE auto and a FE I 4 and a type 66

Nobody knows anything except cars have not been produced. All other information is to hedge cancellations.

Never in 3 years did I think my contributions to this forum would be MEME's about how shitty Lotus is.

817a6z.jpg

817aj6.jpg

817av6.jpg

817bcz.jpg

I was told FE cars being produced in Oct/Nov and delivery by end of December. I was also told before that I would have my car by Halloween.

As always, Lotus has left us faithful buyers in the dark. We really have no idea, the dealers have zero new information either.

I don't think we'll hear another word until both emissions and safety certifications are received.

I would like to know where that 1 NA Emira that was made last month went. Pure speculation, but I wonder if there was a problem with the NHTSA test and they had to resubmit another car with an engineering change. I know the Evora 400 had to have a new dealer installed passenger footplate on the early ones due to failing a 1% person size test (for the smallest people, I think) during crash testing.

If nothing else, maybe there are some other really good guesses as to where "Waldo" went...

I was told FE cars being produced in Oct/Nov and delivery by end of December. I was also told before that I would have my car by Halloween.
My build was supposed to be done in September…

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back