• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I will say Galpin has never lied to me, but they still want 20K ADM for a FE 1.0. I originally had no issue with this as I was suppose to have my car 2 years before base buyers, now with added 2.0's coming merely months after, what is the point? Real close to pulling out and buy a flippers car that won't flip.
Literally the debate I think we all have right now.

No one wants to feel dumb for holding in this gamble. I wish Lotus would give more information, so that it doesn't feel so risky.

intrusive thoughts:
Will a fully spec'd base cost the less, same, or more than a FE 2.0?
Will a base come out a week after FE's online or 2026?

Last edited:
I will say Galpin has never lied to me, but they still want 20K ADM for a FE 1.0. I originally had no issue with this as I was suppose to have my car 2 years before base buyers, now with added 2.0's coming merely months after, what is the point? Real close to pulling out and buy a flippers car that won't flip.
$20k ADM for the bragging rights of taking your car in for warranty work

sweet Next week is going to be awesome

No one wants to feel dumb for holding in this gamble. I wish Lotus would give more information, so that it doesn't feel so risky.

Is a fully spec'd base the same price or more than a FE 2.0?
Well, you’d think it would be slightly more but also have a couple new options. But……since this is Lotus we’re dealing with here, it will cost less and have more horsepower for no other reason than to continue to piss people off.

Never in 3 years did I think my contributions to this forum would be MEME's about how shitty Lotus is.

817a6z.jpg

817aj6.jpg

817av6.jpg

817bcz.jpg
Those are really good memes. Keep em coming man.

intrusive thoughts:

My guess is that the base model will be priced at around FE 1.0 prices, somewhere between 90-95K without any options. I'm further guessing that all of the options would add $20-25K. Once they start building FE 2.0 cars, then base spec cars shouldn't be far behind.

My guess is that the base model will be priced at around FE 1.0 prices, somewhere between 90-95K without any options. I'm further guessing that all of the options would add $20-25K. Once they start building FE 2.0 cars, then base spec cars shouldn't be far behind.
But will the US get FE cars before the world gets Base cars...

intrusive thoughts:
On the intrusive thoughts front don’t forget:
1) Will they announce the retune the North American i4 to >=400hp shortly after FE (V6 1.0/2.0 and i4 FE) deliveries
2) Will they announce a higher level V6 model (e.g., S or GT) with slightly more power

…just listen to sound clips of the Emira when you’re sad from thinking about all of these things. It’s the best form of therapy I’ve found to help with Lotus’ botched launch

I wouldn’t be surprised if pricing isn’t near those numbers. I also think that pricing at that level may be tough on sales after initial enthusiast demand is met.

Current 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 and GT4 start at 95,200 and 106,500 respectively. The Emira is a beauty but competition is fierce in the low 6 figure sports car market. Especially for buyers who don’t care about a manual transmission (aka blasphemers 😈)

Away for a couple weeks. That was a lot of posts to wade through! TL;DR some funny memes, nothing new.

Guess I’ll run my Evora GT out to the coast & back, and decide if today’s the day to cancel the Emira order.

For non delivery no update for 2 plus years.
Can I sue lotus for to name a few
Anxiety
Stress
Extreme high blood pressure
Emotional distress
Possible and probably heart attack
Just a thought. Get paid a decent amount then go by a Lamborghini Hurricane

EDIT guess I have too much time to think of shit like this.

For non delivery no update for 2 plus years.
Can I sue lotus for to name a few
Anxiety
Stress
Extreme high blood pressure
Emotional distress
Possible and probably heart attack
Just a thought. Get paid a decent amount then go by a Lamborghini Hurricane

EDIT guess I have too much time to think of shit like this.

I think we would be able to sue for non delivery of vehicle if the dealers refuse to return the refund. But the lawyers fees would eat it up.

I think we would be able to sue for non delivery of vehicle if the dealers refuse to return the refund. But the lawyers fees would eat it up.
Small claims you can do yourself. Small filing fee.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back