• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I wouldn’t be surprised if pricing isn’t near those numbers. I also think that pricing at that level may be tough on sales after initial enthusiast demand is met.

Current 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 and GT4 start at 95,200 and 106,500 respectively. The Emira is a beauty but competition is fierce in the low 6 figure sports car market. Especially for buyers who don’t care about a manual transmission (aka blasphemers 😈)
Guess I’m a blasphemer then. Can I drive a manual, yes. Do I enjoy it, no.

81eimj.jpg

I wouldn’t be surprised if pricing isn’t near those numbers. I also think that pricing at that level may be tough on sales after initial enthusiast demand is met.

Current 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 and GT4 start at 95,200 and 106,500 respectively. The Emira is a beauty but competition is fierce in the low 6 figure sports car market. Especially for buyers who don’t care about a manual transmission (aka blasphemers 😈)
GT4 is not in production anymore. And it is at least 20k usd more expensive on the used market. I owned a 718 spyder and drove the heck out of it. In my opinion, it does not give me the same level of excitement as the Emira. I don't think any in-production car except manual transmission Supra can bring serious competition to Emira at this price point for a true drivers car. Supra is superior only in lower price and higher reliability.

Back in 2021, I was hesitant about ordering a car that would be a year or so out...

Now, I'm still holding onto that order and ready to go down with the ship

d8ucj37-735c046e-0b04-48e0-bd79-e83481fb9aad.png

Back in 2021, I was hesitant about ordering a car that would be a year or so out...

Now, I'm still holding onto that order and ready to go down with the ship

d8ucj37-735c046e-0b04-48e0-bd79-e83481fb9aad.png
Ah, .loyalty.
You know your order comes with a shipping charge.

I imagine this demographic of people on the forum don’t follow the stradman but he just posted a new video where he puts a deposit down for an Emira and the salesperson says to expect the car April/May/June…:

Timestamp is around 8:58. More dealer shenanigans?

It seems absolutely wild that that’s possible without even FE’s being delivered at any time in the near future.

But I think it’s pretty serious (and dumb) to lie to an influencer so is there new info? SLC Utah’s Lotus dealership apparently.

I know better than to trust dealers, but it is pretty crazy to quote a time that is completely made up to an influencer… I guess they can just blame lotus if the timeline isn’t met so there’s no risk to the dealer themselves so maybe it’s just to get the deposit lol.

Typical dealer guesstimate. With as many other brands and cars they are actively selling, I doubt they have any real current reliable information.

I imagine this demographic of people on the forum don’t follow the stradman but he just posted a new video where he puts a deposit down for an Emira and the salesperson says to expect the car April/May/June…:

Timestamp is around 8:58. More dealer shenanigans?

It seems absolutely wild that that’s possible without even FE’s being delivered at any time in the near future.

But I think it’s pretty serious (and dumb) to lie to an influencer so is there new info? SLC Utah’s Lotus dealership apparently.

I know better than to trust dealers, but it is pretty crazy to quote a time that is completely made up to an influencer… I guess they can just blame lotus if the timeline isn’t met so there’s no risk to the dealer themselves so maybe it’s just to get the deposit lol.
Notice he didnt say what year. I think even April 2025 is optimistic for a V6 deposit today. He'll be in a base edition and those order books (and the configurator) aren't even open yet. I'm FE2 with a Dec/Jan build date (yeah right) from Lotus and they told me April at earliest.

More dealer BS. If only he'd said expect it 'soon'.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back