• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

So you’re saying you can get an FE2 allocation from Galpin without ADM right now? Because if not, that’s meaningless.
I spoke to them earlier this week when asking a question. They asked me to cancel reservation from boardwalk and pay $2500 deposit to them now. They said no adm for fe2 and can submit final config this week to lotus. I didn't do it though since I already submitted my final config with Boardwalk earlier last month

In less than a week I’ll be the mole doing factory tour …..: will report back
In less than a week I’ll be the mole doing factory tour …..: will report back
On Sept. 19th, I was the mole doing the Factory Tour. They won’t tell you anything, and I pressed them hard. They don’t have U.S. certifications yet, and don’t know when they’ll get them. In the meantime, no one’s talking.

I spoke to them earlier this week when asking a question. They asked me to cancel reservation from boardwalk and pay $2500 deposit to them now. They said no adm for fe2 and can submit final config this week to lotus. I didn't do it though since I already submitted my final config with Boardwalk earlier last month
Huh??? I’ve had a deposit at Galpin since July 2021 and no one has called me about an FE2 allocation. How are they offering you an FE2 allocation now with no ADM when you haven’t been on the waiting list with them and others like myself have been waiting? That doesn’t make sense. Do you have a hookup or have ordered a lot of cars from them in the past?

I imagine this demographic of people on the forum don’t follow the stradman but he just posted a new video where he puts a deposit down for an Emira and the salesperson says to expect the car April/May/June…:

Timestamp is around 8:58. More dealer shenanigans?

It seems absolutely wild that that’s possible without even FE’s being delivered at any time in the near future.

But I think it’s pretty serious (and dumb) to lie to an influencer so is there new info? SLC Utah’s Lotus dealership apparently.

I know better than to trust dealers, but it is pretty crazy to quote a time that is completely made up to an influencer… I guess they can just blame lotus if the timeline isn’t met so there’s no risk to the dealer themselves so maybe it’s just to get the deposit lol.
I ordered my Lotus at the same dealer (also met Stradman at the same dealer) and they told me the same thing. They told me their info comes directly from their rep at Lotus NA.

Huh??? I’ve had a deposit at Galpin since July 2021 and no one has called me about an FE2 allocation. How are they offering you an FE2 allocation now with no ADM when you haven’t been on the waiting list with them and others like myself have been waiting? That doesn’t make sense. Do you have a hookup or have ordered a lot of cars from them in the past?
No don't have any hook up at all with Galpin Lotus. I do with Galpin Ford but they have no idea about it when I talked to them since I never mentioned my prior history with Galpin.

If it helps bring a light about Galpin, I made my reservation deposit February 2022 and already got to submit final build to Lotus. It's either Galpin Lotus or Boardwalk for me. I had a hunch that Galpin Lotus will sell early allocation spot to highest bidder and I think that is whats happening now. Most people who didn't pay ADM is moving further down the list. But yes I was surprised during my phone conversation that I will get to submit my order with lotus same week as long as I sent proof of refund from Boardwalk. Should talk to your sales guy.

Last edited:
No don't have any hook up at all with Galpin Lotus. I do with Galpin Ford but they have no idea about it when I talked to them since I never mentioned my prior history with Galpin.

If it helps bring a light about Galpin, I made my reservation deposit February 2022 and already got to submit final build to Lotus. It's either Galpin Lotus or Boardwalk for me. I had a hunch that Galpin Lotus will sell early allocation spot to highest bidder and I think that is whats happening now. Most people who didn't pay ADM is moving further down the list. But yes I was surprised during my phone conversation that I will get to submit my order with lotus same week as long as I sent proof of refund from Boardwalk. Should talk to your sales guy.
Thanks, I’m definitely going to call them in the morning and get some clarity here.

I ordered my Lotus at the same dealer (also met Stradman at the same dealer) and they told me the same thing. They told me their info comes directly from their rep at Lotus NA.

Welcome to the forum!

There was an eyebrow-raising episode at the start of this year where we heard that Lotus Cars USA (Lotus NA) didn't know what was going on with the cars that were supposed to start showing up for March 2023 delivery. The true believers were growing restless and Lotus Cars USA didn't know what to tell the dealers and was called to Hethel (or was it Cali?) for an in-person meeting to learn about the new testament of Lotus production.

But that's no longer valid as we are now on the third installment of the revelations, growing restless again (heretical memes abound), and waiting for someone to provide the latest update, perhaps from someone named Joseph.

I'm not sure Lotus NA is anymore illuminated on the topic than the rest of us, and faith is all many of us have left.

Last edited:
Tell them to stick that ADM up their azz. Respectable dealers don’t charge that. There’s juice on the car at MSRP

Tell them to stick that ADM up their azz. Respectable dealers don’t charge that. There’s juice on the car at MSRP
Juice on a FE 1.0 at $93,900 which may not get paid until mid-2024 or later? I'm not sure.

Don't get me wrong, no dealer has excuse for ADM. I have a 1.0 slot with Lotus NJ (Summit) at zero ADM, but I don't know how Summit makes money on this. Is it a set dollar figure per car? Was that flat rate negotiated between them and Lotus back in 2021 when $93,900 was worth more, or are the dealers still unsure of "what's in it for them". I'm sure someone can illuminate.

Maybe by comparison, what does a Porsche dealer make when you order a new 911 from them at configurator price?

Thanks, I’m definitely going to call them in the morning and get some clarity here.
👍 also if it helps I spoke to sales person Justin recently. Earlier last year was Moe. Basically Moe hinted me last year the higher adm you pay the higher chance getting spot early. Hence I went with Boardwalk.

Juice on a FE 1.0 at $93,900 which may not get paid until mid-2024 or later? I'm not sure.

Don't get me wrong, no dealer has excuse for ADM. I have a 1.0 slot with Lotus NJ (Summit) at zero ADM, but I don't know how Summit makes money on this. Is it a set dollar figure per car? Was that flat rate negotiated between them and Lotus back in 2021 when $93,900 was worth more, or are the dealers still unsure of "what's in it for them". I'm sure someone can illuminate.

Maybe by comparison, what does a Porsche dealer make when you order a new 911 from them at configurator price?
I would assume that at the time a customer order is accepted and sent to Lotus, there is a separate agreement on the invoice price of the car that the dealer pays Lotus, as well as all other applicable incentive programs that happen to be valid at the time.

Yes, Yes they are. Yet you get quite a lot regarding a proven, reliable vehicle. Plus you can get a Manual Transmission with the Base (T), S or GTS versions!
911s are relatively reliable. But I do see the quality of Porsches and specifically 911s going down. My GT3 has extended fuel tank. Many early version cars developed a weird and really loud rattle around the driver's foot well, but the culprit is the foam in between the extended fuel tank and the supporting structure. I just got mine fixed last week and by the time they took off the panels to get to the fuel tank, the foam had completely fallen apart. The lightweight glass used on 911s are prone to crack. Two of my friends' GT cars experienced 1-2nd gear grinding and one of cars were unfixable by the dealer and resulted in a LEMON.
The fact is, all cars are flawed :ROFLMAO:

Few days away from optimistically seeing my car in production.

Factory Tour booked
B&B booked
Train booked
Taxi service booked

Flying to London from Aberdeen tonight.

Will hangout around London tomorrow and make my way Hethel Sunday

I've had a deposit in with my local NY dealer since 07/21 and got the call to config an FE2 this past Aug for "Jan/Feb build, April/May delivery" yeah, ok... needless to say I remain skeptical. As I've posted before, the dealer had no color samples of the new color so I, like most others, was flying blind.

Just before I got the call that they could take my config I took delivery of a new McLaren. Now I'm considering an early-mid December trip to Woking and Hethel but I'd only stop into Lotus if they had the new colors on newly produced vehicles. It would be nice if I could actually see my chosen color 4 months after I committed to it.

Man, they sure don't make it easy....

Few days away from optimistically seeing my car in production.

Factory Tour booked
B&B booked
Train booked
Taxi service booked

Flying to London from Aberdeen tonight.

Will hangout around London tomorrow and make my way Hethel Sunday

God speed! I'm heading to London for Christmas but have no plans to visit Hethel, unfortunately.

I've had a deposit in with my local NY dealer since 07/21 and got the call to config an FE2 this past Aug for "Jan/Feb build, April/May delivery" yeah, ok... needless to say I remain skeptical. As I've posted before, the dealer had no color samples of the new color so I, like most others, was flying blind.

Just before I got the call that they could take my config I took delivery of a new McLaren. Now I'm considering an early-mid December trip to Woking and Hethel but I'd only stop into Lotus if they had the new colors on newly produced vehicles. It would be nice if I could actually see my chosen color 4 months after I committed to it.

Man, they sure don't make it easy....
These all make great stories down the road.
This is how legends are born.
To say 'it's a Lotus' conjures up folklore and fables.

Just got a call my motorcycle dealership got in a Honda SCL500, Should I go pick her up?

21008721-10333211-128420571.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back