• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

81knio.jpg

81knli.jpg

81knqj.jpg

81knvn.jpg

Time to put in a deposit on a new 911 GTS. I'm told I should get an allocation in 12 to 18 months. At the rate Lotus is moving, the Porsche will probably be ordered sooner than the Emira. These constant delays from Lotus are destroying any good will I had in trying a new sports car brand. Add the lack of a Dealer with-in 100 miles of my home and staying with the Porsche brand might be my best path forward? Time will tell...... :rolleyes:

Time to put in a deposit on a new 911 GTS. I'm told I should get an allocation in 12 to 18 months. At the rate Lotus is moving, the Porsche will probably be ordered sooner than the Emira. These constant delays from Lotus are destroying any good will I had in trying a new sports car brand. Add the lack of a Dealer with-in 100 miles of my home and staying with the Porsche brand might be my best path forward? Time will tell...... :rolleyes:
Indeed. I found a T allocation 8 weeks ago and car will be here in Jan.

Just saw this one a FB group. Probably BS but wanted to share.

"Lotus has slowly been updating their webpage, notice the price of the I4FE, and note the price gone for the FE V6.....Maybe a slip up that they put that on there and took it off?"

1696536065637.png

1696536086802.png

1696536163626.png

Thanks for making me calculate the percentage of my life I've been waiting for the Emira :oops:
Here's an interesting metric you can use next time you are asked about the Big Wait:
"Lotus has introduced two car models - Eletre and Emeya - since my Emira deposit was made."

#WhatElseCanGoWrong

I am a fan of both brands, Porsche and Lotus. Cannot go wrong with either cars, 911 gts is just going to be a more expensive, refined, and mature purchase lol. The 992 gts is gonna be a rocket ship with crazy mechanical grip (literally on rail) but less dynamic when driving with all electronic assistance programs turned on tho.

Is it bad form to cancel your order via text? I mean, it’s not like breaking up with a gf..
And FYI it was #2 spot at Galpin for FE2 with $20K ADM. With the Evora GT just didn’t have the urgency anymore. Once they start actually delivering cars & we see real deliveries, I may reorder locally at MSRP.

Is it bad form to cancel your order via text? I mean, it’s not like breaking up with a gf..
And FYI it was #2 spot at Galpin for FE2 with $20K ADM. With the Evora GT just didn’t have the urgency anymore. Once they start actually delivering cars & we see real deliveries, I may reorder locally at MSRP.
Someone in here says no adm for Galpin fe2 allocation. Why they marking you up 20k?

I am a fan of both brands, Porsche and Lotus. Cannot go wrong with either cars, 911 gts is just going to be a more expensive, refined, and mature purchase lol. The 992 gts is gonna be a rocket ship with crazy mechanical grip (literally on rail) but less dynamic when driving with all electronic assistance programs turned on tho.
Yes you are correct - They (Emira vs. 911) are different cars. I might be able to get an allocation for an "S" sooner than the "GTS", and it will save some $$ - I could go with either. I am just loosing interest in the Lotus given all the issues and lack of problem solving support or customer communications from Lotus. I guess I rather go with a proven product with better local support. My initial thoughts were that the Emira should be pretty solid from the beginning, yet that has not been the case. Thus I am leaning more towards the Porsche and canceling my Emira deposit when it comes available. :unsure:

I just went to the Porsche website and HOLY hell. BASE is 114k! My god! I figure buy an older 911 and have fun with it. Cant believe they are so expensive.

I just went to the Porsche website and HOLY hell. BASE is 114k! My god! I figure buy an older 911 and have fun with it. Cant believe they are so expensive.
Yes, Yes they are. Yet you get quite a lot regarding a proven, reliable vehicle. Plus you can get a Manual Transmission with the Base (T), S or GTS versions!

Yes, Yes they are. Yet you get quite a lot regarding a proven, reliable vehicle. Plus you can get a Manual Transmission with the Base (T), S or GTS versions!
And depreciation is modest. Maybe because owners barely drive them. I'll try to remind myself it's just a car and drive it properly. If I sacrifice resale value, so be it .

When I spoke to them a few weeks ago, only FE 1.0 has ADM not 2.0.

FWIW, I just locked in my spec for an i4 FE last week in Canada for what they said would be a Feb build for delivery in spring. Dealer also still saying they’ll be getting the V6’s later this year.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back