• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

If anyone is interested the Dallas dealer (Earth Motor Cars) has a grey Emira on site. Can’t drive it but Lotus is there. Maybe could check out the KEF audio, wiper speed, and seatbelt twist if you’re so inclined. 🤓
IMG_7067.jpeg

If anyone is interested the Dallas dealer (Earth Motor Cars) has a grey Emira on site. Can’t drive it but Lotus is there. Maybe could check out the KEF audio, wiper speed, and seatbelt twist if you’re so inclined. 🤓View attachment 31955

Thats my spec, really great looking car. Wish it was in my garage.

My dealer has been pretty tight lipped about what has been going on regarding delivery and not blowing a lot of smoke. Pretty much they don't say much because they have e lot of info.

I am scheduled for the second batch of FE1.0 cars to be built in October. My dealer says they have confirmation that the September builds happened and that the October builds even started a little early. Still no commitment to actual delivery though...nor have I ever received a definitive delivery time for this latest delay I get a generic "early next year". I am inclined to believe my dealer on the builds since he has been on top of it, as much as possible, so far.

My dealer has been pretty tight lipped about what has been going on regarding delivery and not blowing a lot of smoke. Pretty much they don't say much because they have e lot of info.

I am scheduled for the second batch of FE1.0 cars to be built in October. My dealer says they have confirmation that the September builds happened and that the October builds even started a little early. Still no commitment to actual delivery though...nor have I ever received a definitive delivery time for this latest delay I get a generic "early next year". I am inclined to believe my dealer on the builds since he has been on top of it, as much as possible, so far.

I highly doubt the September builds have been built or are even on the roadmap anytime soon. The focus has clearly been pushed to other regions. Id bet a paycheck on it. Lotus should put out a stupid video of Matt saying we have started production, YAY.

I highly doubt the September builds have been built or are even on the roadmap anytime soon. The focus has clearly been pushed to other regions. Id bet a paycheck on it. Lotus should put out a stupid video of Matt saying we have started production, YAY.
I think that you are right…My dealer has been very transparent (to the extent anything gets communicated from Lotus corporate) and has yet to get confirmation that my September build actually occurred.

The good news is we are starting to get cold again here in the Midwest. Won't really need a sport car until April at this point anyways. Hopefully it happens by then, if not, I guess I'll wait some more.

This man pictured below, Feng Qingfen is the Lotus CEO. By all accounts he has a impressive track record with various position in Geely since 1999. He is currently the CEO of Lotus and the Senior Vice President of Geely. This man would not let this happen, so here is what I think. I think Geely gave Hethel the chance to design and build the vehicles out of Hethel, the fact that they cannot produce issue free vehicles as well as keep the momentum and hit all target audiences, makes me think Hethel is not meant to last. If I know one thing, is large corporations do NOT like bleeding money, especially when shareholders are involved.

My prediction for next 4-5 years is Hethel will be left to do stupid little projects, like bikes and mopeds or whatever the heck fits their fancy while China takes over the major production moving forward (its already doing that since it cant trust Hethel to build the future models.)

1696628044272.png

This man pictured below, Feng Qingfen is the Lotus CEO. By all accounts he has a impressive track record with various position in Geely since 1999. He is currently the CEO of Lotus and the Senior Vice President of Geely. This man would not let this happen, so here is what I think. I think Geely gave Hethel the chance to design and build the vehicles out of Hethel, the fact that they cannot produce issue free vehicles as well as keep the momentum and hit all target audiences, makes me think Hethel is not meant to last. If I know one thing, is large corporations do NOT like bleeding money, especially when shareholders are involved.

My prediction for next 4-5 years is Hethel will be left to do stupid little projects, like bikes and mopeds or whatever the heck fits their fancy while China takes over the major production moving forward (its already doing that since it cant trust Hethel to build the future models.)

View attachment 31957
Honestly, your predictions make a lot of sense given everything that we know so far.

View attachment 31957

I think this was obvious from the beginning. If the scale of the Lotus EV sales are to be realized, the Emira is one of those stupid little projects. The Hethel factory revamp was around $120M while Geely's overall investment in Lotus revival is around $3B including that $1.4B factory in China.

A couple of months ago I dropped $100 on an Aptera reservation. I’ve been really surprised by the experience. This is a great example of communication done well.

And hey, it’s a lightweight 2-seater with scissor doors. I bet it’s a blast to drive.

View attachment 31957
I am a little less cynical about this. Geely spent real money on Whether and continues to spend real money. Given the current political climate in the world, Geely would also be wise to keep a manufacturing base abroad where it makes economic sense. I believe Hethel's operating financial performance for 2023 will be quite strong despite the significant stumble in the US. In my first hand experience, Chinese companies view their foreign operations as jewels in their collection: jewels may not make up a significant portion of a person's wealth, but they are nice to have and keep to show off to others. But to do that, they have to be nice and shiny enough. No one bring out their sterling silver even if it is Tiffany's.

I am a little less cynical about this. Geely spent real money on Whether and continues to spend real money. Given the current political climate in the world, Geely would also be wise to keep a manufacturing base abroad where it makes economic sense. I believe Hethel's operating financial performance for 2023 will be quite strong despite the significant stumble in the US. In my first hand experience, Chinese companies view their foreign operations as jewels in their collection: jewels may not make up a significant portion of a person's wealth, but they are nice to have and keep to show off to others. But to do that, they have to be nice and shiny enough. No one bring out their sterling silver even if it is Tiffany's.
I’d like to see the odds that Geely, like so many before them, eventually divests their interest in Lotus and Lotus is once again a “Free Agent”.

Do you have any proof of what you were told. Not verbal but in writing from lotus to the dealership
I’m calling BS on this so called FE1 first batch have been built. 700 car just do NA been built.
Not a hope I. Hell that is true

I may get booted from here. Not picking on anyone but so many people on the forum continue to believe the unfounded bull shit that some are saying their dealerships are telling them.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back