• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I may get booted from here. Not picking on anyone but so many people on the forum continue to believe the unfounded bull shit that some are saying their dealerships are telling them.
Agree. If it doesn’t come from Lotus. It’s shit. Lotus is in Dallas with 2 variants. I asked my rep if anything official…… guess what I got? “ ….”

Last edited:
The owner of my lotus dealer here in FL told me they have no new updates from HQ - and the last they heard things were still on for Dec 2023 deliveries. He said their techs were trained this week on the Emira though. He also said he’s been probing HQ for more info.

Last edited:
You can rant and rave all you want. It's not my problem.

I just relayed what my dealer told me. No I didn't ask them to take a lie detector test. In the end, the car arrives, when it arrives. I know my car is coming in the early batch...that is...if any cars come to NA at all. I'm not stressing out about not making 5% on my deposit, I'm not stressing that my car may come in the spring or next summer for that matter. When it gets here it will get here and I'll drive it. If between now and then I want to cancel my order, I have no doubt I can and will get my deposit back.

Personally, at this point, if I had my choice between no cars coming to the NA market and seeing Matt Windle booted for screwing this up so badly, or getting my car this coming spring, it would be a push. Apparently, I'm not as emotionally invested as many on here.

Last edited:
You can rant and rave all you want. It's not my problem.

I just relayed what my dealer told me. No I didn't ask them to take a lie detector test. In the end, the car arrives, when it arrives. I know my car is coming in the early batch...that is...if any cars come to NA at all. I'm not stressing out about not making 5% on my deposit, I'm not stressing that my car may come in the spring or next summer for that matter. When it gets here it will get here and I'll drive it. If between now and then I want to cancel my order, I have no doubt I can and will get my deposit back.

Personally, at this point, if I had my choice between no cars coming to the NA market and seeing Matt Windle booted for screwing this up so badly, or getting my car this coming spring, it would be a push. Apparently, I'm not as emotionally invested as many on here.
I am in no way emotionally invested in any car I own nor any car i am expecting
They are just cars.
My point was anyone believing what the dealer tell them need to maybe realize it’s all crap.
For this of us that have been here since July/ August 2021 we have heard, listened to more stories lies bs than you can imagine.
If Lotus feeds the dealerships nothing, then how can you actually believe what the dealership is telling you.
Again where is the proof of what you were told.
Really not trying to get on your case. You are entitled to believe/hope whatever you want.
Just trying as best I can to get across nothing you or anyone on the forum has been told is the truth or even close to it
I am # 5 and in first batch. I do want the car and will wait for for however long it takes to get here. But after 26 months of listening to all the nonsense it has become beyond ridiculous.
Hope my car was built in September as you were told so I should get it in November.
Thank you for letting me vent.

EDIT I had a long talk with my dealership on Wednesday ( not a sales person) and was told they literally know nothing other than what they heard awhile back. The cars should start arriving in late November but they are not sure just hopeful. They have nothing in writing.

Last edited:
My dealer has been pretty tight lipped about what has been going on regarding delivery and not blowing a lot of smoke. Pretty much they don't say much because they have e lot of info.

I am scheduled for the second batch of FE1.0 cars to be built in October. My dealer says they have confirmation that the September builds happened and that the October builds even started a little early. Still no commitment to actual delivery though...nor have I ever received a definitive delivery time for this latest delay I get a generic "early next year". I am inclined to believe my dealer on the builds since he has been on top of it, as much as possible, so far.
I was at the Factory on Sept. 19th. No U.S. Cars had been built at that point. I got some reluctant info that the U.S. certifications had not been obtained at that point either.

I was at the Factory on Sept. 19th. No U.S. Cars had been built at that point. I got some reluctant info that the U.S. certifications had not been obtained at that point either.
Did you see a vivid red emira during tour?

There is a member on this forum that works at the Lotus Factory who said That U.S. Cars had started production. Can’t remember his name on here. It had a double “o” in his name though. Anyone know his name on here? Would like to ask him some questions!

There is a member on this forum that works at the Lotus Factory who said That U.S. Cars had started production. Can’t remember his name on here. It had a double “o” in his name though. Anyone know his name on here? Would like to ask him some questions!
There is a video on YouTube where the guy filmed at least 100 partially complete emira’s. I was wondering where they were going…

There is a video on YouTube where the guy filmed at least 100 partially complete emira’s. I was wondering where they were going…

Yeah, I saw that video. There are a LOT more Emiras in their holding lot than he showed. I was there! Don’t know where they are going. They won’t tell you. Not U.S. cars though.

It's been awhile since I've been on here, but looks like not much has changed.

I was called about the FE2.0 some months back. Was essentially "first" in line as my deposit was in July '21... Miss FE1.0 by a slot or two.

However, right before being contacted I was looking at the news of how many cars lotus sold in 2022, layoffs of personnel (including engineers, etc.). It rubbed me the wrong way. Have a theory that the FE2.0 announcement was merely to garner non-refundable deposits for 2023 to show their business daddy they are doing better on paper.

Had a feeling this was merely a ploy and didn't want to be added to the group of people that had their money held hostage by Lotus while they figure their shit out...

Anyways, I pushed my allocation to a base so I could sit on the sidelines and watch. After reading the updates on this thread, I think I made the right choice. It would be without a doubt the first batch of base models at least.

Now, my circumstances have changed. I have a promotion requiring relocation and several other aspects that would likely render this purchase irresponsible. The sunk cost of time sucks, and I really would like the car in the future, but I think I need to cancel all together.

I don't know the rules here regarding transferring of slots etc. but I'd definitely be willing to transfer mine to someone here if they would like to. I'm not trying to "make a profit" whatsoever; if it were even possible. Would probably ask for $250 just to cover the $2.5k deposit I've had sitting doing nothing for years (if anything at all).

Anyone have some advice to go about this? Deposit is with Gator.

Edit: "another condition of this potential transaction would be a requirement of whomever to send me photos of their car when it arrives! lol"

Yeah, I saw that video. There are a LOT more Emiras in their holding lot than he showed. I was there! Don’t know where they are going. They won’t tell you. Not U.S. cars though.
The fact that the are able to build in volume and are working on continuous improvement, makes for great news!

It's been awhile since I've been on here, but looks like not much has changed.

I was called about the FE2.0 some months back. Was essentially "first" in line as my deposit was in July '21... Miss FE1.0 by a slot or two.

However, right before being contacted I was looking at the news of how many cars lotus sold in 2022, layoffs of personnel (including engineers, etc.). It rubbed me the wrong way. Have a theory that the FE2.0 announcement was merely to garner non-refundable deposits for 2023 to show their business daddy they are doing better on paper.

Had a feeling this was merely a ploy and didn't want to be added to the group of people that had their money held hostage by Lotus while they figure their shit out...

Anyways, I pushed my allocation to a base so I could sit on the sidelines and watch. After reading the updates on this thread, I think I made the right choice. It would be without a doubt the first batch of base models at least.

Now, my circumstances have changed. I have a promotion requiring relocation and several other aspects that would likely render this purchase irresponsible. The sunk cost of time sucks, and I really would like the car in the future, but I think I need to cancel all together.

I don't know the rules here regarding transferring of slots etc. but I'd definitely be willing to transfer mine to someone here if they would like to. I'm not trying to "make a profit" whatsoever; if it were even possible. Would probably ask for $250 just to cover the $2.5k deposit I've had sitting doing nothing for years (if anything at all).

Anyone have some advice to go about this? Deposit is with Gator.

Edit: "another condition of this potential transaction would be a requirement of whomever to send me photos of their car when it arrives! lol"
Can anyone confirm that the deposits are held with Lotus? I was under the impression that the dealer retained deposit $.

As an aside…. About a year or so ago a member on here was looking to transfer his 1.0 allocation and was told by his dealer that Lotus wouldn’t allow it. I wonder if this has changed for the 2.0?

Can anyone confirm that the deposits are held with Lotus? I was under the impression that the dealer retained deposit $.

As an aside…. About a year or so ago a member on here was looking to transfer his 1.0 allocation and was told by his dealer that Lotus wouldn’t allow it. I wonder if this has changed for the 2.0?
Dealers hold the deposits.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back