• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Did Galpin lie to me? If not produced yet I'm wondering why Galpin Lotus insists that fe1.0 are sitting in Maryland port already and not allowed to leave port due to certifications
Simply, yes, they are lying to you. But I'd love to be proven wrong. See if Galpin can get a photo of this shipment of Emiras waiting in port.

Did Galpin lie to me? If not produced yet I'm wondering why Galpin Lotus insists that fe1.0 are sitting in Maryland port already and not allowed to leave port due to certifications
It's terrible when your dealer lies to you.

My dealer has been nothing but honest. I asked him if he had any update on when NA cars would get approval and he told me that his wife is leaving him and that he fears his kids won't remember him as he grows old alone. His open honesty really made me feel like I went with the right dealer.

Simply, yes, they are lying to you. But I'd love to be proven wrong. See if Galpin can get a photo of this shipment of Emiras waiting in port.
Tried, they told me they can't provide further information since I didn't do deposit with them. They want my reservation moved to them and they can help me more lol I was told to request deposit refund from boardwalk lotus and send them a screenshot or receipt. Lol

I wouldn't go so far as to say that they lied to you. They probably just don't know any better and are going off of stale information from March/June.

Tried, they told me they can't provide further information since I didn't do deposit with them. They want my reservation moved to them and they can help me more lol I was told to request deposit refund from boardwalk lotus and send them a screenshot or receipt. Lol
Did they also say they represent a Nigerian prince who wants to transfer you $2.5M, but needs your bank info first?

This must be an alternate Berenstein bear reality where people here believe anything dealers tell them.

This must be an alternate Berenstein bear reality where people here believe anything dealers tell them.
There’s some wild things flying around, but a dealer quoting factory week delivery times + the report we had about dealers being in the UK to get info to me gives that information a little more credit.

Do I honestly, truthfully believe cars will make it here this year? No, but outside of the info that vl3x provides, which also has no real proof attached to it (granted the forum status does give it more credibility than the above), we genuinely have no real info one way or the other other than CARB/EPA approvals - that’s the only real hard evidence.

I’ve said it many times, Galpin is shady af.

I’ve said it many times, Galpin is shady af.
Yup that's why I gave my deposit to Boardwalk last year and submitted my final 2.0 build with them earlier last month. Galpin is only 10min away from me where boardwalk is 6 hours drive. Just too much lies and ADM request. Really scared for people who have deposits with them. I won't be surprised they are hit with some ADM when their Emira comes in. Hope that doesn't happen.

FWIW Galpin have been very straightforward for me, and they put in writing that there would be no ADM. Also proactively reached out to me for test drives a few times, hopped on the phone immediately to discuss locking in spec, and have been responsive to the extent that they had information to give.

FWIW Galpin have been very straightforward for me, and they put in writing that there would be no ADM. Also proactively reached out to me for test drives a few times, hopped on the phone immediately to discuss locking in spec, and have been responsive to the extent that they had information to give.
Same here.

Let me make it short and sweet for you: they don't know shit about shit.

At best, your salesperson is regurgitating something that somebody overheard from somebody else, who had a phone call with a third somebody who talked to Lotus once about this, and heard on the call that the Lotus employee had heard through the grapevine that cars were coming sometime soon.

Let me make it short and sweet for you: they don't know shit about shit.

At best, your salesperson is regurgitating something that somebody overheard from somebody else, who had a phone call with a third somebody who talked to Lotus once about this, and heard on the call that the Lotus employee had heard through the grapevine that cars were coming sometime soon.
So what you're saying is, our Emiras are all arriving next week?

I will say Galpin has never lied to me, but they still want 20K ADM for a FE 1.0. I originally had no issue with this as I was suppose to have my car 2 years before base buyers, now with added 2.0's coming merely months after, what is the point? Real close to pulling out and buy a flippers car that won't flip.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back