• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Government contractors will suffer a lot as well. They can't work and won't get paid for not working.
Not really true. Those contracts are paid out and if they still have money on them, they will work. The Contract Oversight Officer would verify they are on the exempt contract list and they can work. Not all contracts funding ends on OCT1, some are CY 2 CY.

Guess what the contractors will be doing while the civs are off? Keeping the mission running!

Received a call yesterday from Eurocar (Lotus of Orange County, CA) with an offer of a FE 2.0 V6 build slot. I had just missed the cutoff for their second allocation and was 4th on the standing list for the first base allocation V6 at some point in the future (I previously declined a I4 slot). I asked the rep if previous buyers had dropped out and he said no but as soon as they filled their last allocation they let their Lotus rep know they could fill more 2.0 orders if they had the additional slots. Lotus give them another handful of V6 2.0 build slots. I asked but he said he didn't know if the additional cars were because some dealers had slots they couldn't fill and Lotus was able to shift them around or if Lotus had decided to build more 2.0 cars than the additional 600 cars announced. I would guess it would be in Lotus' best interest to build more fully loaded cars if the demand was there but that is conjecture on my part. He said my build slot was projected for Feb production with a May/June delivery 2024. I asked if the 1.0 cars would be built at the same time and he said they should be being built now with delivery expected in Dec/Jan.

I did not discuss ADM when I placed my deposit (July 15, 2022) and so I let him know I had no interest in paying ADM. He said the dealership had not made a decision about market adjustments at this time but he thought once the initial deliveries were behind them and availability had caught up with demand that MSRP would be more likely. Either way he said my deposit was fully refundable even once the car arrived at the dealer as they would have no problem selling the car. He sent an email confirming my ability to cancel at anytime for full refund ($3k). Final spec needed be to submitted this morning which I have done. He said he would send a confirm from Lotus shortly with the build spec. There was no additional deposit required to submit the order.

Take all of the above with a healthy dose of salt...excited to have a place in the cue. Next summer works for me...:)
Happy about your good fortune .
Interesting thing about the deposit line moving forward so rapidly.
It's obvious folks are dropping out or deferring for eventual Base variations which will be cheaper and less Lotus revenue than the fully loaded $105K kit.
Now you know why FE slots are being pushed and more are suddenly materializing.
Just a theory.

Happy about your good fortune .
Interesting thing about the deposit line moving forward so rapidly.
It's obvious folks are dropping out or deferring for eventual Base variations which will be cheaper and less Lotus revenue than the fully loaded $105K kit.
Now you know why FE slots are being pushed and more are suddenly materializing.
Just a theory.

People have moved on is my thinking.......myself included. What was hot 3 years ago has been diminished by poor customer service and some dealers adding unnecessary markups. And it doesn't take a dumb man to realize that the UK and other markets are flooded with Emiras that nobody can get rid of. They are smartly waiting to pick one up with possibly a discount.

Getting close to a factory tour on Oct 9th hopeful to see US cars being produced.
Can you do us UK i4 depositors a favour and check that they've started on those too please? The first UK i4 FE cars should have been September builds but it's October tomorrow and the silence is deafening.......

People have moved on is my thinking.......myself included. What was hot 3 years ago has been diminished by poor customer service and some dealers adding unnecessary markups. And it doesn't take a dumb man to realize that the UK and other markets are flooded with Emiras that nobody can get rid of. They are smartly waiting to pick one up with possibly a discount.
I agree with your points, however I’d add, I have a feeling that we won’t see as much turnover in the US. I think flippers will have dropped out after seeing what happened in the UK, but with the much more limited release in the US, I expect at least the FE V6 manuals to remain firmer pricing wise for a while.

I agree with your points, however I’d add, I have a feeling that we won’t see as much turnover in the US. I think flippers will have dropped out after seeing what happened in the UK, but with the much more limited release in the US, I expect at least the FE V6 manuals to remain firmer pricing wise for a while.
I would hope you are correct. That would be good for us people that have been waiting almost 3 years and are ready to get off this ship.

Well, shutdown averted. EPA and NHTSA will continue working. Rejoice!

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen, its October 2023 and my Emira will be here next month! I cant wait to get her in!! No way Lotus would pull another delay out of their butts. Im super excited to take delivery next month!

811mae.jpg

811mi6.jpg

811mkn.jpg

811mqa.jpg

I would hope you are correct. That would be good for us people that have been waiting almost 3 years and are ready to get off this ship.
I believe the UK used market churn for the Emira is far more about the economic difficulties the UK has been going through, rather that anything specifically about the car. I think the people freaking out about Emiras being listed on Auto Trader are indulging their catastrophic thinking rather than making a rational assessment of the contributing factors.

I think there could be a lot of explanations for the availability of Emiras in the UK. Whenever you go to any dealership, at least in the US, you will have very limited top of the line cars sitting on the lot. Whether it be a CTS V Blackwing, Z06, Giulia QV, Shelby GT350R. {EDIT: Meaning car makers understand how fast these sell and they don't put out several examples at once.} The sales penetration for a custom spec'd new mid engine sports car has to be very low. All these cars being built during the pandemic when things were changing daily for people. Finances, jobs, health, etc.

Anyway, I don't like to see a lot of Emiras available either but there may be other reasons at play that don't necessarily mean there isn't healthy demand for the car. What does "healthy" demand mean for a new Lotus? I have no clue.

Lotus execs: “F**k, now we can’t tell US depositors that the upcoming delay is due to the government shutdown impacting certification.”
I mean it is telling that we now assume that every season just brings new opportunities for Lotus management to lie to us by omission.

Look on the bright side. At least Lotus' silence on this is not giving us false hope like they have done multiple times in the past.

It'll get here when it gets here, I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back