• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Really hoping some of you guys get cars soon. I want to buy this car more than just about anything on the market right now, but I want to see Lotus prove they can successfully provide and service these cars for the NA market..

The Gallardo, really. It’s a classic and I’ve toyed with the idea myself but given the age aren’t you concerned about repair items?
Short answer, absolutely. It’s the only thing that has me waiting for lotus to respond.

Long answer:

I feel like Emira’s overall experience will be comparable to a Gallardo minus the v10 sound. However, the new lenari v12 sounding exhaust for the emira is a game changer.

(Emira vs LP Gallardo [last gen])
1. Both are very balanced designs and debatable in which looks best
2. If there’s another price increase to the emira they’re the same price

I’m optimistic for the US. market.
However, the ‘UK market tank’ is as pricey as the Classic exotic ‘repair items risk.’ (gallardo prices are holding)

The convertible aspect brings another layer of fun which the emira wont have.

I used to drive a 01 manual 360 Modena. Every repair item had a significantly more cost effective fix on the Ferrarichat forums or youtube. Found myself fixing one item a year. Not saying thats preferable at all.

However, I personally rather take that risk than drive something everyone has.

Last edited:
NEWS: my salesperson from Bellevue just reached out to tell me that US FE1.0 cars have been built and are supposedly en route. He believes they’re all shipping to the east coast. Says EPA has been signed off but not CARB, and they will possibly start delivering to non-CARB states first.

Can anyone from other dealerships confirm?

Short answer, absolutely. It’s the only thing that has me waiting for lotus to respond.

Long answer:

I feel like Emira’s overall experience will be comparable to a Gallardo minus the v10 sound. However, the new lenari v12 sounding exhaust for the emira is a game changer.

(Emira vs LP Gallardo [last gen])
1. Both are very balanced designs and debatable in which looks best
2. If there’s another price increase to the emira they’re the same price

I’m optimistic for the US. market.
However, the ‘UK market tank’ is as pricey as the Classic exotic ‘repair items risk.’ (gallardo prices are holding)

The convertible aspect brings another layer of fun which the emira wont have.

I used to drive a 01 manual 360 Modena. Every repair item had a significantly more cost effective fix on the Ferrarichat forums or youtube. Found myself fixing one item a year. Not saying thats preferable at all.

However, I personally rather take that risk than drive something everyone has.
Yup. I do fix my wife’s Land Rover for $2,000 every year. Doesn’t matter what it is, it’s $2,000. The Emira has warranty which is a plus. I’ve had a convertible in Florida (Elan) and that itch is officially scratched. FWIW University of Florida + Elan = more azz than a toilet seat

NEWS: my salesperson from Bellevue just reached out to tell me that US FE1.0 cars have been built and are supposedly en route. He believes they’re all shipping to the east coast. Says EPA has been signed off but not CARB, and they will possibly start delivering to non-CARB states first.

BIG IF TRUE.

I received this email message from my SA at Bellevue on Thursday:

"Lotus Emira FE V6 V1 update

We are expecting the first group of Emira V6 FE coupe's to arrive in November/December.

I just wanted to reach out to you so you could have a closer timeline and plan for the expense and collection of your car around that window.

As we get to a more specific date ranges, We will be pre-scheduling PPF installation and Ceramic Coating applications in advance for all the arriving Emira's (48 of them)

After the Emira's arrive, they will go to service for Pre-delivery inspections (PDI) then to detail for detail and any paint corrections they may require, then for the customers who want Xpel Protective films (PPF) they will go to prepping and installation prior to collection by customers."

We will see.

We are expecting the first group of Emira V6 FE coupe's to arrive in November/December.

I just wanted to reach out to you so you could have a closer timeline and plan for the expense and collection of your car around that window.

As we get to a more specific date ranges, We will be pre-scheduling PPF installation and Ceramic Coating applications in advance for all the arriving Emira's (48 of them)

After the Emira's arrive, they will go to service for Pre-delivery inspections (PDI) then to detail for detail and any paint corrections they may require, then for the customers who want Xpel Protective films (PPF) they will go to prepping and installation prior to collection by customers."

We will see.
BIG IF TRUE!

Calling Tony at Gator, calling Tony at Gator…..

Man I don’t know. I always say I wish they would sell to non CARB states, like mine, but the reality is they probably won’t. I mean the “California” edition used to be a cool thing, emissions or
Not, but those days are sadly over

We will see.
I'm curious if they just had this planned to go out since they have no updated info. Interesting though.

I'm curious if they just had this planned to go out since they have no updated info. Interesting though.
Big if true...Imagine if they had this to auto send based off like info from a year ago.....LOL.

We will see.
What dealership is Bellevue?

My order is with Bellevue, so I just emailed my guy there to get a confirmation if this is true. I'm surprised he didn't send me anything, although I was in the second order group, so maybe these are the first order group cars.

My order is with Bellevue, so I just emailed my guy there to get a confirmation if this is true. I'm surprised he didn't send me anything, although I was in the second order group, so maybe these are the first order group cars.
Let us know what you hear...I'm 1.0 first batch and have not received anything, although not thru Bellevue.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back