• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

While waiting for the Emira looking to add this:
7C851C1F-ADDD-40C4-980D-A8D84951390C.jpeg

The logic doesn’t make sense for this one. This made sense up until the point they asked for FE 2.0 order details. But why expand the order allocation and then within the last month ask for those configurations. There was no expectation on timeline for FE 2.0 so there wasn’t a reason to ask for configs if they didn’t think they would be built. They also could have had carbon credits built into pricing anyways or FE 2.0 pricing.

The simplest explanation is that CARB is taking longer than anticipated since our governments are stupidly slow local to federal legal. Because of that they don’t want to build any of them until it’s approved. Given that they need every penny currently having a few hundred cars built that they can’t get paid for makes no sense.
I didn’t say it’s what I believed…I said it’s my biggest concern. It’s an unlikely scenario, but a greater than non-zero possibility.

I didn’t know Porsche made the Vantage. 🤠
I grew up with 911s (G body, 964, 993) and figured I would always seek to get those sounds/smells/feelings back. Then my wife bought a 2013 V8 Vantage 4.7 a few years ago. What an amazing driving experience! Now I'm waiting on a 1.0 FE because, well, it turns out that Porsche isn't everything. There is just so much more to try out there!

I said this a hundred pages or so ago…The cost-benefit analysis for Lotus would likely dictate that it makes no sense to build cars for the NA market until they obtain regulatory approval…production should begin immediately after all approvals are received.

My biggest concern since my build was submitted 18+ months ago is that it won’t get EPA and CARB certified and Lotus decides not to bring the Emira to the US until it has enough EV sales to offset emissions. Lotus cannot buy EV offset credits for Emira orders already submitted, since they cannot increase the price on locked in/submitted orders (unless it is added as part of “destination charges”, I suppose). I think that there is a fair chance our submitted orders get cancelled, and the silence from Lotus is because they are making a last-ditch effort to figure out a solution before giving the bad news.
Nah

I’m guessing that most of the 2.0 configs are from people that had in refundable deposits quite early in this game and just missed the cut for the 1.0.

What better way to keep these same people on the hook and prevent them from jumping ship then to convert their refundable deposits into non-refundable deposits? It also creates some interim cash flow for the dealers that have been hung out to dry……

WTFDIK? It’s been a long strange trip.
I wasn't asked for any additional money at the time I provided my final 2.0 config, and my original deposit is still refundable if I walk away before accepting delivery.

:mad: Cmoooon Lotus give us something :pokes with stick:.

Boardwalk Lotus is having another round of test drives in November -- sigh, not their fault but absolutely feels like being strung along.
@kitkat planning to break those demos again! You think k the route will be better?

I doubt it, there's not a whole lot of places to go from Boardwalk Lotus.
King's Mountain Rd? Up to Skyline, then Page Mill back down? (I used to do this all the time as a young man on motorcycles, but doubtful you'd get that much time/freedom on an Emira test drive)

King's Mountain Rd? Up to Skyline, then Page Mill back down? (I used to do this all the time as a young man on motorcycles, but doubtful you'd get that much time/freedom on an Emira test drive)
Even to the bottom of Woodside would take you 20 minutes from Boarwalk Lotus if there's zero traffic. They'd need 1-1.5 hour test drives, don't think that'll happen.

Even to the bottom of Woodside would take you 20 minutes from Boarwalk Lotus if there's zero traffic. They'd need 1-1.5 hour test drives, don't think that'll happen.
They should just start and end the test drives at Alice's. Why stop at the dealership at all?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back