• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I still don’t understand why the rest of the country has to suffer with longer waits and poorer drivetrains because of 14 states. My state isn’t a CARB state. Where I live we don’t have inspections or emissions either. Just sell me a damn car. I really don’t want a Porsche and I can’t afford a Lamborghini.

CARB states that are ruining it for everyone:
IMG_0527.jpeg

I said this a hundred pages or so ago…The cost-benefit analysis for Lotus would likely dictate that it makes no sense to build cars for the NA market until they obtain regulatory approval…production should begin immediately after all approvals are received.

My biggest concern since my build was submitted 18+ months ago is that it won’t get EPA and CARB certified and Lotus decides not to bring the Emira to the US until it has enough EV sales to offset emissions. Lotus cannot buy EV offset credits for Emira orders already submitted, since they cannot increase the price on locked in/submitted orders (unless it is added as part of “destination charges”, I suppose). I think that there is a fair chance our submitted orders get cancelled, and the silence from Lotus is because they are making a last-ditch effort to figure out a solution before giving the bad news.

I said this a hundred pages or so ago…The cost-benefit analysis for Lotus would likely dictate that it makes no sense to build cars for the NA market until they obtain regulatory approval…production should begin immediately after all approvals are received.

My biggest concern since my build was submitted 18+ months ago is that it won’t get EPA and CARB certified and Lotus decides not to bring the Emira to the US until it has enough EV sales to offset emissions. Lotus cannot buy EV offset credits for Emira orders already submitted, since they cannot increase the price on locked in/submitted orders (unless it is added as part of “destination charges”, I suppose). I think that there is a fair chance our submitted orders get cancelled, and the silence from Lotus is because they are making a last-ditch effort to figure out a solution before giving the bad news.
That’s like a doomsday scenario for Lotus. Don’t think that’ll be the case at all :), but in case, what Porsche is everyone buying? LOL

Last edited:
That’s like a doomsday scenario for Lotus. Don’t think that’ll be the case at all :), but in case it is what Porsche is everyone buying? LOL
Also would be a bunch of pissed-off dealers! But I don’t think it’s too far-fetched at this point.

That’s like a doomsday scenario for Lotus. Don’t think that’ll be the case at all :), but in case, what Porsche is everyone buying? LOL
Honestly I would probably bite the financial bullet and level up to a base-ish 992 with a manual.

I'm on the wait-list for a 911 Carrera S at 2 Dealers. At least the 2024 Porsche 911 S has already received EPA/Carb Certification... ;)

Screenshot 2023-10-16 181656.png

Screenshot 2023-10-16 181725.png

If the Emira doesnt come to NA i would have a real hard time finding another car that could fill that same hole

I bet Evora GT prices go up

The logic doesn’t make sense for this one. This made sense up until the point they asked for FE 2.0 order details. But why expand the order allocation and then within the last month ask for those configurations. There was no expectation on timeline for FE 2.0 so there wasn’t a reason to ask for configs if they didn’t think they would be built. They also could have had carbon credits built into pricing anyways or FE 2.0 pricing.

The simplest explanation is that CARB is taking longer than anticipated since our governments are stupidly slow local to federal legal. Because of that they don’t want to build any of them until it’s approved. Given that they need every penny currently having a few hundred cars built that they can’t get paid for makes no sense.

“The logic doesn’t make sense for this one. This made sense up until the point they asked for FE 2.0 order details. But why expand the order allocation and then within the last month ask for those configurations. There was no expectation on timeline for FE 2.0 so there wasn’t a reason to ask for configs if they didn’t think they would be built. They also could have had carbon credits built into pricing anyways or FE 2.0 pricing.”

I’m guessing that most of the 2.0 configs are from people that had in refundable deposits quite early in this game and just missed the cut for the 1.0.

What better way to keep these same people on the hook and prevent them from jumping ship then to convert their refundable deposits into non-refundable deposits? It also creates some interim cash flow for the dealers that have been hung out to dry……

WTFDIK? It’s been a long strange trip.

I think I would get a Vantage as well, if the Emira is canceled for the US market.

I am not buying a Porsche.

I’d have to op in for the Porsche LP 560-4 spyder, bc the Porsche huracan cost $400k for some reason lol.

IMG_0838.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back