• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Nov 1 tomorrow guys, that means my Emira will be here in less than 60 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait!

Im fine with keeping my money in the market, delay it all you want. I am happy with my monthly performance in my Emira fund.

1698798135995.png

Honestly, it seems dealers know less than us forum members. My dealer doesn't reach out unless they have official confirmed information direct from Lotus and even then I usually already know whatever it is they tell me. For instance, my dealer wasn't even aware of Matt Windle's video regarding delays that came out over the summer until I called and asked him about it. Before then, I was still being told to expect my car in November.

And now I'm still being told March-April for delivery, but my money is on a late summer/early fall delivery. I expect further delay emails to come direct from Lotus early next year. Then there will be port delays if/when they finally arrive.
My dealer thanks me every time I let him know something new from this forum. They tell me that I’m a better source than Lotus or their Lotus rep. Occasionally, my dealer is able to confirm things we hear/read in this thread, but mostly he says that the other dealers are full of crap - especially when it comes to the state of production of allocations…I’m told that there isn’t a way for dealers to do so.

Interesting Read on Lotus EPA SVM Submission for MY 2017 - 2021.

Attachments

• EPA-HQ-OAR-2019-0210-0005_attachment_1.pdf
    539.1 KB · Views: 48
Interesting Read on Lotus EPA SVM Submission for MY 2017 - 2021.
Super cool! Thanks for sharing!

Notice it doesn't talk about the 410 in the USA? It had same tune/cert as 400 :-(

"
5.3 Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards
As Lotus is wholly owned by another vehicle manufacturer (Proton), Lotus is not eligible for an
exemption from the CAFE standards under 49 CFR Part 525. Lotus has purchased credits
from other manufacturers to offset previous civil penalties and proposes to do the same for
future model years."

Super cool! Thanks for sharing!

Notice it doesn't talk about the 410 in the USA? It had same tune/cert as 400 :-(

"
5.3 Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards
As Lotus is wholly owned by another vehicle manufacturer (Proton), Lotus is not eligible for an
exemption from the CAFE standards under 49 CFR Part 525. Lotus has purchased credits
from other manufacturers to offset previous civil penalties and proposes to do the same for
future model years."
Ya know what……I just want my damn car. Slap 8 catalytic converters on it and I’ll take ‘em off at home. Just sell me a damn car!

My dealer thanks me every time I let him know something new from this forum. They tell me that I’m a better source than Lotus or their Lotus rep. Occasionally, my dealer is able to confirm things we hear/read in this thread, but mostly he says that the other dealers are full of crap - especially when it comes to the state of production of allocations…I’m told that there isn’t a way for dealers to do so.

I have no doubt that this is true.

We talk a lot about lotus not informing buyers, but is it normal that dealers are not informed either? Dealers with investments and who don't sell cars because they haven't received them in two years. Every time I talk to my salesman he is more elusive, he has nothing but "soon", no dates. If it's not fair to us, it's even less fair to them.

I have no doubt that this is true.

We talk a lot about lotus not informing buyers, but is it normal that dealers are not informed either? Dealers with investments and who don't sell cars because they haven't received them in two years. Every time I talk to my salesman he is more elusive, he has nothing but "soon", no dates. If it's not fair to us, it's even less fair to them.
Maybe they know a lot more than they let on, and it just simply doesn't benefit them to tell us all the gory details, and by doing so likely tarnish the image of the company? Like for the average customer, would it make them want to buy the car more or less if they heard that the company was late filing their emissions paperwork, or that they needed to delay a few months while they fix the software on their DCTs? I'm not presuming to know the answer, just spit-balling here...

the company was late filing their emissions paperwork, or that they needed to delay a few months while they fix the software on their DCTs?

This is the answer. The issue is (and has been for years) that they don't have a qualified comms team handling corporate and customer communications. Dealers are frustrated to the point their customers can see it and some customers themselves are clearly fed up to the point of cancelling all together.

It sounds like Lotus is working in the right direction, but that's been the case for their entire history of producing and selling vehicles. They've always been a small boutique company trying to sell their exotic sports cars in an everchanging marketplace and they're just slower than everyone else (no pun intended 😉).

I saw this video when I first put down my deposit in 2021. I'll admit that I mostly ignored it and hoped for the best with the new Geely ownership, but here we are...

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back