• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

It appears CARB is been approved and deliveries are on schedule! I have it from an extremely credible source.

Attachments

• IMG_0338.jpeg
    IMG_0338.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 34
You guys are hilarious.

I found a photo of said car salesman..( i mean NO offense to the actual salesman, this is just a joke, i dont even know who it really is.)

GradyTheBadger.jpg

1698710312983.jpeg

1698710326097.jpeg

To all waiting on an Emira... I mean no disrespect, yet we need to look at the situation......

CARB is not going to Approve the Emira until Lotus has provided sufficient guarantees that it will sell enough EV's in California to offset the emissions of the Emira. Now, Lotus has announced the Eletre and Emeya, yet no pricing and no commitment on availability. I think this is the hold-up with CARB. They want more than just Lotus's plans as these EV's are made in China and come with a heavy 25% US Import Duty and NO EV purchase tax incentive.

I hope I am wrong and CARB gives approval now, yet I have strong doubts given the situation.

To all waiting on an Emira... I mean no disrespect, yet we need to look at the situation......

CARB is not going to Approve the Emira until Lotus has provided sufficient guarantees that it will sell enough EV's in California to offset the emissions of the Emira. Now, Lotus has announced the Eletre and Emeya, yet no pricing and no commitment on availability. I think this is the hold-up with CARB. They want more than just Lotus's plans as these EV's are made in China and come with a heavy 25% US Import Duty and NO EV purchase tax incentive.

I hope I am wrong and CARB gives approval now, yet I have strong doubts given the situation.
Well, given the volume, they could skip the CA market for awhile. Back in the early days of CARB, they sold cars in the rest of the country called "49ers." Legal to be sold everywhere except California. Eventually, however, those models were brought into compliance.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back