• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

TX has a front plate requirement but it seems to be commonly ignored. I havent had one for 5 years and after just eye balling traffic it seems like 30% of cars also dont have one

TX has a front plate requirement but it seems to be commonly ignored. I havent had one for 5 years and after just eye balling traffic it seems like 30% of cars also dont have one
Same for VA. Tons of VA-registered cars rolling around with no front plates.

TX law has one but it was not renewed so not enforceable unless you get pulled over by a small town local officer who does not know the law and just wants to F with you. Been there done that but still to not have front plates on any of my cars
I do have this on my Subaru BRZ

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpeg
    IMG_0406.jpeg
    404.8 KB · Views: 49
TX law has one but it was not renewed so not enforceable unless you get pulled over by a small town local officer who does not know the law and just wants to F with you. Been there done that but still to not have front plates on any of my cars
I do have this on my Subaru BRZ
I’m also in Texas but can’t find that non-renewed law (not sure what laws have to be renewed). Last information I found shows it’s still enforced up to a $200 fine even for a Tesla which doesn’t come with a front plate mount.

Texas doesn’t have inspection anymore so there’s that. Also no emissions check in my county. ~reason #437 why I don’t give a flying F about CARB certification.

Last edited:
I drove a v6 manual today in Naples. I agree the engine sound was just average even with open exhaust valves. Shifter feel is FAR different than my Elise, much more crisp. The shifter in the Elise feels like a wet noodle this is like loading a rifle. Acceleration decent. Aesthetics I loved in person. Interior is FAR more refined than anything lotus has ever made and quite comfortable. Loved the steering. Seems like a fun daily-drivable little sports car, and for the price it looks like a far more expensive vehicle. Nice to get a warranty etc. If you are looking for true modern super car performance you may be disappointed though. I’m keeping my deposit - supposed to deliver in March.

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    568.3 KB · Views: 75
Your deposit was with the Dealer in Austin? I was told I was #70 when I put my deposit down in early Dec '21, and at the end of July I was told a few people had dropped off the list, but "not enough to affect your place very much."

Your order was for a V6? I4?

Seems maybe more people have dropped out than we think? Last I knew they got 15 FE1 V6 cars, but don't know #s for FE2 or I4 FE.
Yes. I stopped by the Austin dealer on Friday, and pulled out. We talked for a little while, he (JK) was not aware of any FE 1.0 vs 2.0. He suggested his expected allocation would be slated for build in the Feb/Mar '24 time frame, with expected delivery June/July '24.

Good luck to you and all who continue to wait.

Cheers, SL

Alright everyone. When I come back from work I wa t some solid news about passing certifications! Have a great day.
The solid news is, the GM from my dealership heard from some unknown source at Lotus, that EPA certification was received last Friday. Of course, this cannot be verified. But, I DO have first hand knowledge that the non U.S. spec demo car I drove last Saturday was a joy!

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0690.jpeg
    IMG_0690.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 63
The solid news is, the GM from my dealership heard from some unknown source at Lotus, that EPA certification was received last Friday. Of course, this cannot be verified. But, I DO have first hand knowledge that the non U.S. spec demo car I drove last Saturday was a joy!

It sounds like both you and @TwitchDoc both heard this from the same dealer (Scottsdale), right? Would be great news if true... Anyone get confirmation from a different dealer yet?

It sounds like both you and @TwitchDoc both heard this from the same dealer (Scottsdale), right? Would be great news if true... Anyone get confirmation from a different dealer yet?
Excuse my total ignorance but is epa certification the same as carb certification
It not then the wait continues

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back