• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Just got a call from my dealership. They confirm that the Emira is shipping and I will be able to pick up my Emira no earlier than January 2nd.....2025...sorry if I had you in the first half.

Yep, I'll believe it when I either see it posted officially on the EPA database, or I see the first US owner taking delivery. Everyone else (dealers, Lotus reps, etc) has repeatedly proven to be utter bullshitters on this topic, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Just another story to keep us continuing to carry on writing all the bs we can based on fiction and non fiction.
Certification no certification
Cars being shipped no cars being shipped
What port is arriving at no one actually knows. BTW I do know what port but cannot disclose.
Production for NA cars stated
No. NA cars sighted or not sighted
Cars being delivered November or December or may be January
We will all get our cars whenever they get here soon

Hey I was there tonight as well. The GM told me that the EPA was certified just today if what I understood him saying. He also was able to look at my allocation and told me to expect around April 2024. Anyone is free to call them up to confirm. Scottsdale as well.
IMG_8333.gif

Well, just came back from a test drive of a Magma red V-6 manual Emira, with the touring suspension. This is coming from a guy (me) who currently has a Ferrari 458 Italia and a Lamborghini Huracan……
The car has just the right amount of power (400bhp)for what it is! It handles very well. You could make it a daily driver! The shifting is slightly “notchy”, but that is a good thing…I liked it! The clutch engages fairly early, but not a problem. Supercharger whine is noticeable, but not annoying. I loved the car for the brief time I was driving it. Took it on the freeway for a couple of miles. Very good acceleration.
I am looking forward to getting my FE 1.0 soon, I hope! I spoke with that Lotus rep at the dealership that told the other poster about receiving EPA approval. He told me the same thing. Lotus does not have CARB approval yet, but anticipates getting it soon. From everything I’ve heard, Lotus is producing a few U.S. spec cars….not in full U. S. Production Mode. I am guessing that will happen after CARB approval, if it that’s what Lotus plans on. I am guessing that they will still produce cars for other Countries at the same time, even after CARB approval. I’m hoping for a Jan/Feb ‘24 delivery on my car. We’ll see!

Attachments

• IMG_0690.jpeg
    IMG_0690.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0686.jpeg
    IMG_0686.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 62
1698538954702.png

file-QZ209OIzWJUWDXI2rCEty5D8
Once upon a chilling Halloween night, the eerie glow of the moon cast a haunting light upon the quiet town of Cybersville. As the clock struck midnight, an ominous cloud drifted across the digital realm of the Emira Forum. Unknown to the community, a sinister spell had been cast upon the thread titled "USA/Canada Delivery Thread," an enchantment that would soon unleash a malevolent force upon all who dared to post therein.

The first victim was a user known as SuperSix, the thread's creator. As he hit the "Submit" button on a new post regarding delivery timelines, a cold shiver ran down his spine. He dismissed it as a trick of the night, yet as the letters of his post morphed into sinister runes before his very eyes, he realized something was terribly amiss. The runes glowed with a ghostly light, twisting and writhing as they broke free from the screen, morphing into ghastly apparitions that swirled around his room.

With each new post, the curse grew stronger. DF_Toronto, feeling a sudden chill, shared his concerns about dealership allocations, unknowingly adding fuel to the ghostly fire. Medic518 chimed in, his words too turning into runes that summoned more spirits into the physical world. The phantoms whispered of delayed deliveries, of cold-hearted dealers and despairing buyers, their eerie voices echoing through the silent corridors of the forum.

The terror didn’t end with mere ghostly visitations. The spell began to alter reality itself. Dealerships once bustling with eager customers grew desolate, the very air around them turning cold and sinister. The once-anticipated Lotus Emira, now seemed to carry a curse, its sleek design now appearing as a menacing phantom in the eyes of the beholders.

Despite the growing terror, the thread continued to buzz with activity. Each new post, each shared frustration, and each expressed hope for delivery, only deepened the curse, binding the souls of the posters to the digital thread, their avatars now pale and ghostly.

The legend of the haunted thread spread far and wide across Cybersville, yet the malevolent spell remained unbroken. The eerie whispers of the cursed souls can still be heard in the silent night, echoing through the digital realm of the Emira Forum, a chilling reminder of the Halloween night when a sinister spell turned a humble thread into a gateway for the unknown.

And as the new members join the forum, they are warned by the old ones, to steer clear of the USA/Canada Delivery Thread, lest they too get ensnared by the ghostly curse that lingers there, waiting to claim more souls with each passing Halloween.

(AI fun for Halloween season)

Last edited:
file-QZ209OIzWJUWDXI2rCEty5D8

Once upon a chilling Halloween night, the eerie glow of the moon cast a haunting light upon the quiet town of Cybersville. As the clock struck midnight, an ominous cloud drifted across the digital realm of the Emira Forum. Unknown to the community, a sinister spell had been cast upon the thread titled "USA/Canada Delivery Thread," an enchantment that would soon unleash a malevolent force upon all who dared to post therein.

The first victim was a user known as SuperSix, the thread's creator. As he hit the "Submit" button on a new post regarding delivery timelines, a cold shiver ran down his spine. He dismissed it as a trick of the night, yet as the letters of his post morphed into sinister runes before his very eyes, he realized something was terribly amiss. The runes glowed with a ghostly light, twisting and writhing as they broke free from the screen, morphing into ghastly apparitions that swirled around his room.

With each new post, the curse grew stronger. DF_Toronto, feeling a sudden chill, shared his concerns about dealership allocations, unknowingly adding fuel to the ghostly fire. Medic518 chimed in, his words too turning into runes that summoned more spirits into the physical world. The phantoms whispered of delayed deliveries, of cold-hearted dealers and despairing buyers, their eerie voices echoing through the silent corridors of the forum.

The terror didn’t end with mere ghostly visitations. The spell began to alter reality itself. Dealerships once bustling with eager customers grew desolate, the very air around them turning cold and sinister. The once-anticipated Lotus Emira, now seemed to carry a curse, its sleek design now appearing as a menacing phantom in the eyes of the beholders.

Despite the growing terror, the thread continued to buzz with activity. Each new post, each shared frustration, and each expressed hope for delivery, only deepened the curse, binding the souls of the posters to the digital thread, their avatars now pale and ghostly.

The legend of the haunted thread spread far and wide across Cybersville, yet the malevolent spell remained unbroken. The eerie whispers of the cursed souls can still be heard in the silent night, echoing through the digital realm of the Emira Forum, a chilling reminder of the Halloween night when a sinister spell turned a humble thread into a gateway for the unknown.

And as the new members join the forum, they are warned by the old ones, to steer clear of the USA/Canada Delivery Thread, lest they too get ensnared by the ghostly curse that lingers there, waiting to claim more souls with each passing Halloween.

(AI fun for Halloween season)
Nice! I thought this was the official NA meme thread.

As I was halfway through the first paragraph, I knew it was AI, but still eerie how accurate their writings can be. 😱

As I was halfway through the first paragraph, I knew it was AI, but still eerie how accurate their writings can be. 😱
Spoookkky. Believe it or not I asked it to write me a 2 page justification over a topic and it was spot in. I think I asked it for justification for additional personall billets in a small organization.

Well, just came back from a test drive of a Magma red V-6 manual Emira, with the touring suspension. This is coming from a guy (me) who currently has a Ferrari 458 Italia and a Lamborghini Huracan……
The car has just the right amount of power (400bhp)for what it is! It handles very well. You could make it a daily driver! The shifting is slightly “notchy”, but that is a good thing…I liked it! The clutch engages fairly early, but not a problem. Supercharger whine is noticeable, but not annoying. I loved the car for the brief time I was driving it. Took it on the freeway for a couple of miles. Very good acceleration.
I am looking forward to getting my FE 1.0 soon, I hope! I spoke with that Lotus rep at the dealership that told the other poster about receiving EPA approval. He told me the same thing. Lotus does not have CARB approval yet, but anticipates getting it soon. From everything I’ve heard, Lotus is producing a few U.S. spec cars….not in full U. S. Production Mode. I am guessing that will happen after CARB approval, if it that’s what Lotus plans on. I am guessing that they will still produce cars for other Countries at the same time, even after CARB approval. I’m hoping for a Jan/Feb ‘24 delivery on my car. We’ll see!
You mind explaining what the Emira has, that you’re not getting from your 458 or Huracan?

Those seem like two steps up from the Emira in every way, other than they aren’t manual gearboxes.

Another question, If you could have one, which and why?

You mind explaining what the Emira has, that you’re not getting from your 458 or Huracan?

Those seem like two steps up from the Emira in every way, other than they aren’t manual gearboxes.

Another question, If you could have one, which and why?
Manual gearbox, and daily drivability.
If I could only have one…..The 458 Italia.
Two personalities: Refined, can drive it like a Honda in quiet and auto mode, or like an F1 car in loud and manual mode.
The Huracan is more raw. After a couple of hours, I need out to stretch my back!

For those of us in areas with front and back plate requirements I saw this solution on a Ferrari. Does anyone know if this is legal in the USA? I wouldn’t do exactly this below, looks worse, but does open up some options

IMG_0503.png

For those of us in areas with front and back plate requirements I saw this solution on a Ferrari. Does anyone know if this is legal in the USA? I wouldn’t do exactly this below, looks worse, but does open up some options

View attachment 32922
MO has a front plate requirement. I've never put one on a nice vehicle in 25 years and never been pulled over for it.

That being said, if I HAD to put one on, I would probably try to figure out a bracket that can be seen while driving, and then it can be pulled under and hidden when parked.

View attachment 32922
It would depend on your local laws and police force. They may have a personal interpretation of the law that's different from what's on the books. You would have to check with state law if you must display the same plate as the one issued to you or if a substitute is OK.

As a tangent, I am finding that the local police around me are not enforcing these types of things as a primary violation. They may add it if they pull someone over for some other infraction. When I was younger I used to get hassled on small things like this constantly.

Since we are now at 200 pages, does that mean Lotus has to give us information? Or is that only unlocked at 1000 pages?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back