• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Not quite sure where to post this, so mods, if you move it, I'm good. Just got off the phone with Cerritos Nissan inquiring about the new Z Nismo. MSRP is $64,990, not bad, sales guy told me ADM was $80,000. WTF? I said you really think you can get that, he said "yes, it's where the market is at". WTF? I said good luck, it's a Nissan, and ended the call.
who the hell is paying $145K for a Nismo Z? Hahahahahahahaha.

Wow I haven’t posted in a little while just caught up on reading and realize why Lotus doesn’t post or tell anyone anything.

Several folks on here just like to hear themselves complain or doubt what they have already been told. Or just like to bitch and whine, get over it already it’s been two years plus.

You are not that special if you hate the service so much just ask for your money back , if you signed a deal where you loose your money that’s on you. You could probably pay a lawyer 500 bucks for a demand letter get most of your money back.

Cars are being made you have been told I saw them with my own eyes.

Lotus isn’t saying anything because this group turns it into 1000 questions of stuff that does not really matter or they don’t know yet. So rather than fuel the BS they just focus on building cars.

What day will they be here?
what port will it arrive at?
Where will it be stored ?
Is the building climate controlled?
Will it be on a charger ?
When will it be at the dealer?
What will the interest rate be?
Can I go look at it?

They will deliver a car to you with a warranty- if you don’t want it reject the car.

It’s been a shit show some of us have accepted that and it will be here when it’s here not much you can do no matter how much you complain it’s not happening any faster.

Some of you really demanding people should probably go to Porsche - that is a brand that has all this stuff figured out. Lotus does not and it will be a while before they do so you will likely be really pissed when something breaks and you need to wait for parts from the UK.

As much as lotus wants to be a big brand it’s still a shop in the middle of the British country side trying its best to deliver to all markets.

They have zero control about when certification will be approved but are pretty confident it will get approved so they have started to make cars.

sorry off my soap box , some of y’all must really be a joy to be around ……

Last edited:
Wow I haven’t posted in a little while just caught up on reading and realize why Lotus doesn’t post or tell anyone anything.

Several folks on here just like to hear themselves complain or doubt what they have already been told. Or just like to bitch and whine, get over it already it’s been two years plus.

You are not that special if you hate the service so much just ask for your money back , if you signed a deal where you loose your money that’s on you. You could probably pay a lawyer 500 bucks for a demand letter get most of your money back.

Lotus isn’t saying anything because this group turns it into 1000 questions of stuff that does not really matter or they don’t know yet. So rather than fuel the BS they just focus on building cars.

When will at be at the dealer?
Can I go look at it?

They will deliver a car to you with a warranty- if you don’t want it reject the car.

It’s been a shit show some of us have accepted that and it will be here when it’s here not much you can do no matter how much you complain it’s not happening any faster.

Some of you really demanding people should probably go to Porsche - that is a brand that has all this stuff figured out. Lotus does not and it will be a while before they do so you will likely be really pissed when something breaks and you need to wait for parts from the UK.

As much as lotus want to be a big brand it’s still a shop in the middle of the British country side trying it best to deliver to all markets.

They have zero control about when certification will be approved but are pretty confident it will get approved so they have started to make cars.

I have never complained, but I get it. N/A BUYERS = Lotus, got any updates? LOTUS = Mic drop!

Geezus, chill out. Many of us doubting that production has started in meaningful numbers remain very enthusiastic about the car. I can't say for others but my doubt stems from the fact that I can't really tell from your description just how many US cars were being made. A guy that gives factory tours at Lotus said he saw his first US spec production car *after* your report. So while I don't doubt you saw what you saw, I don't know if it was indicative of meaningful start to production. Again, I don't doubt what you have said.

I love the car and can't wait to finally own it and drive it.

Lets think of this as a business. What FINANCIAL sense would it make for you to make X number of widgets that you can't sell. Would your company do it?

Can I go look at it?

As much as lotus wants to be a big brand it’s still a shop in the middle of the British country side trying its best to deliver to all markets.

Could you please tell how many U.S. Spec Emira you saw at the day? Did you see 1 ? Or 10? Or 100? Thank you for your posting.

Can I go look at it?

Does this dude secretly work for lotus? All those are good questions consumers like to ask.

Could you please tell how many U.S. Spec Emira you saw at the day? Did you see 1 ? Or 10? Or 100? Thank you for your posting.
I saw more than 1 less than 100, but saw enough us specific equipment through out to give me confidence they were getting built.

The factory is working towards a target number of cars for the year - not specifically all U.S. cars. They are building U.S. car with other market cars.

The outside of the facility had a lot of cars for all markets. There were also cars being loaded onto car haulers. They don’t have a lot of storage areas.

While I may not agree with MIGZ telling us to just accept the situation with Lotus — I want to confirm that he has indeed seen production of US cars — and there’s no need to doubt him on that.

You’ll just have to take it at his word and my word.

Go clean your garage you animals.

Were all a bit spicy after a 2+ year wait. Will my Christmas present be an Emira...time will tell.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back