• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

While I may not agree with MIGZ telling us to just accept the situation with Lotus — I want to confirm that he has indeed seen production of US cars — and there’s no need to doubt him on that.

You’ll just have to take it at his word and my word.

Go clean your garage you animals.
Bingo. getting rid of my placeholder (e92 m3) now. I understand that there are 198 pages so far of information filled with pessimism, complaints, memes, and sarcasm.
Fellow members have all the right to do those given we are waiting almost 2.5 years for this car. No doubt Lotus screws us NA buyers big time. I don't have any other solutions because I don't have another car to buy at this price point, call me a sucker. But occasionally, people like @MIGZ, @azlambo, and @VL3X post insights sourced directly from the factory. Salute to those folks who give us hope in this journey.

News: Not to get you guys too excited (again) but I can confirm some Federal spec cars have been handed over to the shipping company. I cannot confirm if these are customer cars or dealer demos, but I assume they're press/demos.

Again, don't get too excited. If your dealer hasn't yet been contacted about delivery dates, I wouldn't hold your breath. There are still some hurdles ahead.

News: Not to get you guys too excited (again) but I can confirm some Federal spec cars have been handed over to the shipping company. I cannot confirm if these are customer cars or dealer demos, but I assume they're press/demos.

Again, don't get too excited. If your dealer hasn't yet been contacted about delivery dates, I wouldn't hold your breath. There are still some hurdles ahead.
More information trickled in. Not overly excited, things are going towards a good direction. Thank you for reporting!

Federal Spec just another phrase for North American cars?

Some Milltek goodies arrived today

IMG_3028.jpeg

Speaking of NA specifications, does sport exhaust and/or 3rd cat delete affect warranty?

Speaking of NA specifications, does sport exhaust and/or 3rd cat delete affect warranty?
affecting warranty isnt a blanket statement. if something goes wrong with the aftermarket exhaust pipe you installed then yeah, you gotta pay out of pocket. but if anything else goes wrong you are (probably) clear.

there might be some edge case where the exhaust mod is the cause of something else breaking but its miniscule

affecting warranty isnt a blanket statement. if something goes wrong with the aftermarket exhaust pipe you installed then yeah, you gotta pay out of pocket. but if anything else goes wrong you are (probably) clear.

there might be some edge case where the exhaust mod is the cause of something else breaking but its miniscule

Yeah this all sorts of depends -- if you're modifying your exhaust and are wish to legally enforce the car's warranty you better be ready to hire an attorney, file a complaint and pursue legal action. Most people aren't willing to do this -- and Lotus has a financial interest in not covering modified vehicles -- and has a history of not doing so and voiding engine warranty based on modified intakes in the past.

Yeah this all sorts of depends -- if you're modifying your exhaust and are wish to legally enforce the car's warranty you better be ready to hire an attorney, file a complaint and pursue legal action. Most people aren't willing to do this -- and Lotus has a financial interest in not covering modified vehicles -- and has a history of not doing so and voiding engine warranty based on modified intakes in the past.
Right… This is why I am probably not going to do anything more than just the secondary cat delete. Even the valve controller is iffy to me because of the risk of engine damage should it fail to open.

Right… This is why I am probably not going to do anything more than just the secondary cat delete. Even the valve controller is iffy to me because of the risk of engine damage should it fail to open.

Should be zero damage to the engine if your valves fail to open. When the valves are fully closed it just means the exhaust gasses flow through the normal paths within the muffler before exiting the tailpipes and quiets down exhaust sounds -- this is exactly how comfort mode operates. When you open the valves the exhaust flow bypasses parts of the muffler and sounds louder.

Only two things I could potentially see being an issue:
1.) Your valves are stuck closed and the muffler sees additional heat only in a very hard driving scenario such as track time. Your muffler should be able to handle this but maybe the surrounding area near the muffler doesn't. Theoretically this would be exactly like going to the track in comfort mode.
2.) Your valve controller at the wiring harness for the OEM system fails and throws some sort of code telling the computer that the valves have failed, which is likely a non-permanent code and will clear when you fix the valve controller or hook the OEM valves back up.

Should be zero damage to the engine if your valves fail to open. When the valves are fully closed it just means the exhaust gasses flow through the normal paths within the muffler before exiting the tailpipes and quiets down exhaust sounds -- this is exactly how comfort mode operates. When you open the valves the exhaust flow bypasses parts of the muffler and sounds louder.

Only two things I could potentially see being an issue:
1.) Your valves are stuck closed and the muffler sees additional heat only in a very hard driving scenario such as track time. Your muffler should be able to handle this but maybe the surrounding area near the muffler doesn't. Theoretically this would be exactly like going to the track in comfort mode.
2.) Your valve controller at the wiring harness for the OEM system fails and throws some sort of code telling the computer that the valves have failed, which is likely a non-permanent code and will clear when you fix the valve controller or hook the OEM valves back up.
I believe I read somewhere if the valve fails to open it could result in too much restriction and back pressure at high RPMs and cause engine failure. This is the case with Mercedes.

Turned 43 yesterday, and went for an evening stroll through Tokyo. Just happened to stumble upon a little birthday miracle.

This is the first car I've sat in with a production Alcantara yellow stitch + Alcantara wheel and good heavens was it good. Glad I made the switch to that, I love it.

Thanks to the sales associate for humoring me. I sat in there for a solid 10 minutes.

IMG_1470.jpeg

Last edited:
Went to a showing of the two Emira demo cars tonight at Scottsdale McLaren/Lotus.
Although they are left-hand drive, I believe these are Euro-spec cars or possibly pre-production cars, not U.S. specs cars.
I will be test driving one tomorrow and will give you my thoughts. The dealership had a previous Emira showing back in January.
Did not get to test drive back then.
I asked my salesman about production and delivery regarding the first batch of FE 1.0 cars. As usual, he said the last he’s heard was deliveries in December/January. We both looked at each other and agreed that maybe sometime in Q1 2024 sounds more believable. No one knows anything, or if they do, they’re not talking. I am guessing that Lotus still does not have U.S. certifications, and are definitely NOT punching out the 700 FE 1.0 cars yet……..possibly turning out a few U.S. cars, but that’s it. I’ll report whenever I hear more.

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0685.jpeg
    IMG_0685.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0681.jpeg
    IMG_0681.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 112
Hey I was there tonight as well. The GM told me that the EPA was certified just today if what I understood him saying. He also was able to look at my allocation and told me to expect around April 2024. Anyone is free to call them up to confirm. Scottsdale as well.

Hey I was there tonight as well. The GM told me that the EPA was certified just today if what I understood him saying. He also was able to look at my allocation and told me to expect around April 2024. Anyone is free to call them up to confirm. Scottsdale as well.
Wow that’s huge

Can you elaborate on the bold? was he speaking car salesmen to you and got you twisted?

Me to that GM:

1698505260394.gif

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back