• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

hanks2.png

Well, so 1,300 Emiras are going to be delivered to the U.S. by May/June ‘24, eh?
(FE 1.0 - 700, FE 2.0 - 600) At least, that’s what the dealers are saying.
Only a handful at most have been seen built in the Factory thus far. CARB still not obtained. EPA only rumored to have been obtained by 3rd party info. I don’t see it happening. All inquiries to the Factory…….crickets. Dealers don’t know
squat. Not a hope-inspiring situation.

Back in my day, dealers actually delivered cars and promises! Dealers used to bend over backwards to make you happy. As a matter of fact, the last 2 manufactures I bought from did just that....

Ya know, The first 199 pages of this thread were reasonably good. 200+ isn’t off to a great start.

I have no doubt that this is true.

We talk a lot about lotus not informing buyers, but is it normal that dealers are not informed either? Dealers with investments and who don't sell cars because they haven't received them in two years. Every time I talk to my salesman he is more elusive, he has nothing but "soon", no dates. If it's not fair to us, it's even less fair to them.
Given the amount of weight my SA has put on as a result of the stress of this situation, I doubt it is normal for dealers to be left this uninformed.

The chart on the right depicts Depositor call to SA for CARB update,
referral of call to Lotus US, then forwarding of inquiry to Lotus CS
and redirect back to the Dealer so SA can start checking with Emira Forum threads for latest Factory tour gossip to feed back to anxious Depositor 'insider' info rumored to be soon revealed.
Or, maybe it's the wiring harness for either the errant windshield wiper, misbehaving AC unit or stubborn fuel filler release.

I spoke to me dealer rep yesterday. He said vehicles will be produced in Nov/Dec for NA deliveries this year. I then reminded him that it was November...I feel very confident, and I am now 100% certain that he has absolutely no idea when/if/how/where Emira's will be produced for NA. Just that he will have more information "soon."
And update on my t-shirt: It hasn't arrived yet...but maybe soon.

I spoke to me dealer rep yesterday. He said vehicles will be produced in Nov/Dec for NA deliveries this year. I then reminded him that it was November...I feel very confident, and I am now 100% certain that he has absolutely no idea when/if/how/where Emira's will be produced for NA. Just that he will have more information "soon."
And update on my t-shirt: It hasn't arrived yet...but maybe soon.
its same old story for over two years now. no one knows shit. even if they did they still will not tell you shit.
If no cars for NA have been produced or are even in production no NA call will be here before January of Feb 2024 at earliest.

its same old story for over two years now. no one knows shit. even if they did they still will not tell you shit.
If no cars for NA have been produced or are even in production no NA call will be here before January of Feb 2024 at earliest.
My wife started a new business after she ordered the car so trying to allocate money without actually knowing a date is great, it’s a lot of fun.

It's so funny, we were saying the exact same things in Nov/Dec of 2022. "Jan/Feb of '23 at earliest!" Wait, maybe it's not funny.

It's so funny, we were saying the exact same things in Nov/Dec of 2022. "Jan/Feb of '23 at earliest!" Wait, maybe it's not funny.
The cars will be here maybe by December if they are in fact already in production, but thanks to no carb certification anytime soon they will sit at the port until carb certification is given

"Oh well, at least I'll get my car:
  • by summertime
  • before the end of fall
  • in time for my birthday
  • in time for Christmas
  • in time for Valentine's Day
  • in time for spring
  • by summertime
  • before the end of fall
  • in time for Christmas
  • in time for Valentine's Day"

"Oh well, at least I'll get my car:
  • by summertime
  • before the end of fall
  • in time for Christmas
  • in time for Valentine's Day
  • in time for spring
  • by summertime
  • before the end of fall
  • in time for Christmas
  • in time for Valentine's Day"
Lotus Sales Rep:
21d1is.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back