• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

My Nimbus showed up yesterday and my dealer was able to forward along some pictures. Only disappointment was they put on an alcantara steering wheel when I ordered leather. My dealer double-checked and a leather wheel was submitted for the order and accepted. He said he will reach out to the local Lotus rep and see what our options are. If it's an easy swap I would really prefer leather for up-keep. If they can't do it I'll just live with the alcantara and just brush it frequently to keep it looking decent.

Attachments

• 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    357.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    302.5 KB · Views: 221
My Nimbus showed up yesterday and my dealer was able to forward along some pictures. Only disappointment was they put on an alcantara steering wheel when I ordered leather. My dealer double-checked and a leather wheel was submitted for the order and accepted. He said he will reach out to the local Lotus rep and see what our options are. If it's an easy swap I would really prefer leather for up-keep. If they can't do it I'll just live with the alcantara and just brush it frequently to keep it looking decent.
Nimbus with black pack is just so solid.

My Nimbus showed up yesterday and my dealer was able to forward along some pictures. Only disappointment was they put on an alcantara steering wheel when I ordered leather. My dealer double-checked and a leather wheel was submitted for the order and accepted. He said he will reach out to the local Lotus rep and see what our options are. If it's an easy swap I would really prefer leather for up-keep. If they can't do it I'll just live with the alcantara and just brush it frequently to keep it looking decen

Sucks to not get exactly what you want after all this time. Heavy lift to replace a steering wheel in brand new car IMO. Bet they knock $100 off that clearcoat...(Fargo reference)

Wow, so it sounds like the build goof-ups aren't limited to just privacy glass.. 🤦

Congrats on your car arriving, anyways!

Wow, so it sounds like the build goof-ups aren't limited to just privacy glass.. 🤦

Yep! I selected 'Yes' to privacy glass delete (I didn't want it), and they got that right thankfully! I really wanted to see the engine well.

My Nimbus (Harry Spec) Emira has arrived at Cape Fear as well. They were kind enough to send me some photos since I'm about 2.5 hours drive from the dealer. Everything appears exactly as ordered! Can't wait to go pick this baby up! It's so surreal!

Attachments

• Attachment.jpg
    Attachment.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Attachment(1).jpg
    Attachment(1).jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Attachment(2).jpg
    Attachment(2).jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Attachment(3).jpg
    Attachment(3).jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Attachment(5).jpg
    Attachment(5).jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Attachment(4).jpg
    Attachment(4).jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Attachment(6).jpg
    Attachment(6).jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Attachment(7).jpg
    Attachment(7).jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 165
My salesman just sent me photos of my Atlantis Blue now at the dealer! 🤤
@Newguy1354
When did you put your deposit down and when did you finalize your order?
Mine was deposit in April 23 and Final order in August 23.
Trying to get a sense if mine might be coming earlier than previous predicted.

@Newguy1354
When did you put your deposit down and when did you finalize your order?
Mine was deposit in April 23 and Final order in August 23.
Trying to get a sense if mine might be coming earlier than previous predicted.
It's all been a big mess with Lotus.
I put down a deposit on July 9th 2021 and then put in my order for a manual V6 mid Aug. 2023.
All the info I've read so far would suggest if you're going to get a V6 manual you'll probably get it sooner than the 4 cylinders. But honestly on orders placed now, I'm willing to bet no one actually knows. Heck, Lotus probably doesn't even know yet.

For the record, when I finally got to see mine it turns out my salesman was wrong and I did in fact get the privacy glass delete. Very thankful for that

It's all been a big mess with Lotus.
I put down a deposit on July 9th 2021 and then put in my order for a manual V6 mid Aug. 2023.
All the info I've read so far would suggest if you're going to get a V6 manual you'll probably get it sooner than the 4 cylinders. But honestly on orders placed now, I'm willing to bet no one actually knows. Heck, Lotus probably doesn't even know yet.
Wow, that's quite the gulf between deposit and placing your order, and yet you're still among the first to receive your vehicle! 😜

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back