• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

z so

Odd that we haven’t seen any V6 Manuals shipped in a while.
With the v6 manual production temporarily suspended in favor of auto production perhaps Lotus is shipping i4 autos (the only variant currently offered on their US website) as dealer owned demo cars. It must be challenging for dealers to sell customers on the i4 if they can’t even test drive one. I was lucky enough to test drive the v6 manual before placing a deposit. I imagine most people want to try before they buy.

With the v6 manual production temporarily suspended in favor of auto production perhaps Lotus is shipping i4 autos (the only variant currently offered on their US website) as dealer owned demo cars. It must be challenging for dealers to sell customers on the i4 if they can’t even test drive one. I was lucky enough to test drive the v6 manual before placing a deposit. I imagine most people want to try before they buy.
Yeah, when they chatted with the factory manager on Harry's Garage, he basically said that back in 2023. He said some customer cars had arrived before the dealer demos, and the sales staff were miffed at the production folks, but they had to balance what they had parts to complete with the weekly priority list.

Not really. Before the delay and when i4 was due to arrive in Apr 24, My Dealer was down to 15 i4 FE allocation left on the 2nd/last FE production run as of the Nov 23 update before they receive additional allocation in Dec 23 when the delay was announced.

Last edited:
Are you still waiting? I think all FE 2.5 are done and they're setting up the line to produce V6 auto now.
I’m waiting on a FE1 V6 Auto, I got notice that it was Produced and got a VIN from my dealer last week, hoping it’ll be on one of these August boats

I’m waiting on a FE1 V6 Auto, I got notice that it was Produced and got a VIN from my dealer last week, hoping it’ll be on one of these August boats

Ah, you get a VIN when it enters production so it's not necessary "done", latest update from my dealer is that v6 AUTO are expected late Sept but that's West Coast so if you can probably expect yours mid Sept.

Ah, you get a VIN when it enters production so it's not necessary "done", latest update from my dealer is that v6 AUTO are expected late Sept but that's West Coast so if you can probably expect yours mid Sept.
The customer service representative told me via email that VINs are communicated at the time of shipment. My V6 manual FE2 was supposed to be produced in June but I still have no VIN after asking in June and again in late July.

The customer service representative told me via email that VINs are communicated at the time of shipment. My V6 manual FE2 was supposed to be produced in June but I still have no VIN after asking in June and again in late July.

The VIN is assigned when the car enters the production line. How soon you get that info varies from dealer to dealer depending on how proactive they' are.

The VIN is assigned when the car enters the production line. How soon you get that info varies from dealer to dealer depending on how proactive they' are.
This is what customer service shared via email response to my inquiry on their webpage:

Here is the current information that I was able to find out for you:

The VIN to your vehicle has not been assigned yet. Once loaded on the vessel and on water, updates like VIN and ETA are shared with your selling dealership, who then can/ and will communicate the VIN and expected vehicle delivery date with you.

Kindly,

Myriam

This is what customer service shared via email response to my inquiry on their webpage:

Here is the current information that I was able to find out for you:

The VIN to your vehicle has not been assigned yet. Once loaded on the vessel and on water, updates like VIN and ETA are shared with your selling dealership, who then can/ and will communicate the VIN and expected vehicle delivery date with you.

Kindly,

Myriam
Your VIN plate is assign to the chassis when it enter production. As I say, it's a dealer to dealer thing or even a country to country thing. Sure the formal notification is sent to the dealer once it's enter in a shipping manifest. But others have gotten their VIN before then.
I'm also still waiting...since 12/1/21...For my FE2 V6 manual. I have a VIN but no car.
Auto?

Your VIN plate is assign to the chassis when it enter production. As I say, it's a dealer to dealer thing or even a country to country thing. Sure the formal notification is sent to the dealer once it's enter in a shipping manifest. But others have gotten their VIN before then.

Auto?
Nope, V6 manual. Deposit 12/21, ordered 2/24, got the VIN 6/24...no car.

@sharpie349 I have a friend who is getting v6Auto and was told back in Jun sometime it was entering production but no VIN. Two weeks ago he was told it has been produced and now has a VIN that he got. So, appears at least his and your dealer only got VIN once built and then likely will sit for another month :) JK but that's he thinks and then will sit in Baltimore another month so Oct is likely. I hope not for everyone and they start sending over those as soon as they can. Soon is now getting like really soon

Auto?
Yes, this is correct from at least in Lotus history. The VIN is assigned as its to enter into production. It allows the organizing of the VIN specific parts and others assigned to your build. Simply the logistics of the process that a VIN is assigned when heading into production….. when you receive/informed of your VIN seems to be the variable. But good news, VIN means production is very close.
I received my VIN mid July(I4/AMG). I would expect it has been built by now. Now just looking for it to show up on a shipping manifest.

@sharpie349 I have a friend who is getting v6Auto and was told back in Jun sometime it was entering production but no VIN. Two weeks ago he was told it has been produced and now has a VIN that he got. So, appears at least his and your dealer only got VIN once built and then likely will sit for another month :) JK but that's he thinks and then will sit in Baltimore another month so Oct is likely. I hope not for everyone and they start sending over those as soon as they can. Soon is now getting like really soon
I have hope that it will be soon and that their initial September-October delivery is actually accurate. The past few shipments from June has VIN numbers in the 3900-4000 and my VIN is in 4200’s so it’s pretty close.
Just wanted to thank you for keeping up on this. Very much appreciated. 🙌
Of course! I bought a subscription to ImportInfo for the month so I will be able to give you guys updates for the time being

Mine arrived on the 7/8 boat and still has not made it to the dealer. Not sure what is taking so long. Anyone else on the 7/8 boat still waiting for theirs?

carPic.jpg

Finally got it :love:

July 2023 deposit
Feb 2024 build confirmation
June 2024 build date
July 8th 2024 car landed on American soil
July 27th arrived at dealer
Aug 3rd pickup

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back