• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I was asking since my dealer says no v6 Auto VINs have been issued according to their source.
@parasaran The dealer is incorrect as my buddy has a VIN for a v6auto that was built 2 weeks ago and I see several others have received also. Perhaps the dealer means they don't have any yet as none of their customers have a built auto, just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt :)

@parasaran The dealer is incorrect as my buddy has a VIN for a v6auto that was built 2 weeks ago and I see several others have received also. Perhaps the dealer means they don't have any yet as none of their customers have a built auto, just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt :)
Quite likely. But nice to see some autos being built!!!

They share the VIN when it's being built. Yours may not be built yet. While I'm not the person you asked, I would imagine the process is the same for the autos. The Atlanta dealer gave me mine when it was being built, but it's not here yet. (V6 manual, 982 days since deposit)
They share the VIN when it's being built. Yours may not be built yet. While I'm not the person you asked, I would imagine the process is the same for the autos. The Atlanta dealer gave me mine when it was being built, but it's not here yet. (V6 manual, 982 days since deposit)
Sept delivery for the remaining straggler V6 manuals ?

I should be in that boat too. Expect our cars to be very sloppily put together with multiple issues!!! 😂

The last of the FE Manuals.
This has gone from “Dude where is my car” to the sequel “Dude deliver my car already”. if this was a verse from the bible it would read “And on the 999th day a lotus Emira was delivered to the customer”

It appears that 11 1st Edition Manual’s arrived into Baltimore yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpeg
    IMG_1856.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 65
Did the i4 AMG get CARB approval yet? Last one I saw was the V6 auto on May 30.

10 i4 landed in the US early Aug, I'm sure some of them wen to get EPA approval, I'm trying to find out if Lotus will send the rest out as press or dealer demo. but it seems that Lotus US have not decided what to do with them yet.

Could Lotus mess this up again (rhetorical) , last thing we all want it our new cars sitting at a port or dealers back lot for months......
Don't think so as the V6 auto went very smooth.. I think the initial delay for the V6 is not just EPA but also DOT safety issues( passenger side airbag sensor. etc) . now that the chassis have passed all safety standards. just certifying the i4 (which is a much more modern engine) should be bleeze.

Last edited:
Again, my dealer told me that my Emira ( V6 automatic ) was in production and delivery is expected in September. When I asked for the VIN, I was told the Lotus representative did not give the VIN but no worries give him until Monday to get the number. Well, tomorrow will be 2 weeks with no communication

Any word yet??
Oh I've been driving mine for the past few weeks!
I have been reserved in posting a review until I hit break in and really give it, but since you asked I think the Emira is pretty awesome. So far I am at 500 KM and initial ownership impressions.

- Ground Clearance is MUCH better than Porsche GT4/Spyder and C8 corvette
- It looks like an exotic and gets treated as one, people always stop to look when parked
- The driving feel is probably the most mechanical and raw you can buy in a new car at the moment. Probably the last new car with this level of driving engagement under 200K.
- Fit and finish is good, but not Porsche levels
- KEF system does sound better than Porsche Bose - but not amazing
- Performance and speed feels just as good as anything from Stuttgart under 150K.

I will add, the sensation of speed is much more in the Emira, compared to a Porsche or C8. It "feels" quicker than what it probably is. This machine is all about sensations, emotion and feel of driving. It's not a supercar in performance but it absolutely is in terms of engagement. No question in my mind this car will be a future classic.

Will get a better performance review and some pics when I get a chance.

I have been reserved in posting a review until I hit break in and really give it, but since you asked I think the Emira is pretty awesome. So far I am at 500 KM and initial ownership impressions.

- It looks like an exotic and gets treated as one, people always stop to look when parked
- The driving feel is probably the most mechanical and raw you can buy in a new car at the moment. Probably the last new car with this level of driving engagement under 200K.
- Performance and speed feels just as good as anything from Stuttgart under 150K.

I will add, the sensation of speed is much more in the Emira, compared to a Porsche or C8. It "feels" quicker than what it probably is. This machine is all about sensations, emotion and feel of driving. It's not a supercar in performance but it absolutely is in terms of engagement. No question in my mind this car will be a future classic.

Agree with your initial observations wholeheartedly.

I''m now at 3200 miles (since May 17th) and would add that once past break in, the versatility of the three driving modes makes dailying it a dawdle. Tour is civil around the neighbors or John Q. Law. If you're on the phone (the cabin mics/noise cancellation appears to work really well -no one I've asked can hear the engine/cabin noise on their end of the call). Sport adds volume as well the burbles and a great sounding overrun. Track adds a more aggressive throttle map which makes rev matching easier and turns down/off the traction control nannies. I have yet to break the car loose in any mode (wouldn't expect to on the street) but each mode provides a distinct experience. Definitely unfiltered...always lots of fun/engagement even though I'm not going any faster than anyone else around town or on the highway. My other cars are faster but this is way more fun!!

I park in front of a local restaurant almost every day to grab a bite and the foot traffic definitely notices the car. Lot's of positive comments...congrats on the car. Enjoy it!!

Fantastic write up, I agree with most everything, especially the line: "...the most mechanical and raw you can buy in a new car at the moment."

I test drove both the GT4 and C8 a while back, both have their qualities of course. The C8 being an automatic wasn't nearly as engaging and despite being MUCH faster, just felt huge......not to mention everything felt a little too auto-magic when driving aggressively.

The GT4 manual was very nice to shift and sounds fantastic at those high RPMs. That ride though, way stiffer....makes my touring suspension Emira feel like an old Lincoln Town Car in comparison. You're right about the clearance height too, I scraped the bottom pulling into what I felt was a normal driveway. The manual I drove was similar performance to the Emira and really required keeping the RPMs hot......not terrible or anything, just that you'd expect more for the cost premium vs the Emira. Maybe if I was looking for a track car this thing would have been the winner?

The greatest sin of the GT4 is that I was already bored of looking at it from both inside and out.......I suppose that'll happen when your design barely changes in nearly 20 years.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back