• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

How about the blind spot indicator and wipers work as intended. That would be kinda cool.
What are you talking about! Mine work fine! 🙄
DFCC9922-7AFA-4D1A-B9D5-1DDDBEFF41A6.jpeg

Production has started, it’s going well but everything is being kept quite because keyboard commandos can only find stuff to complain about.

When will it be here, will it be late , how will it be stored , will the wipers works , Is the seatbelt twisted ? will my dealer be ready to do the software upgrade?

So since lotus is tired of listing to the BS they are not saying much until the cars are ready and people will be happy to just get the car.

Production has started, it’s going well but everything is being kept quite because keyboard commandos can only find stuff to complain about.

When will it be here, will it be late , how will it be stored , will the wipers works , Is the seatbelt twisted ? will my dealer be ready to do the software upgrade?

So since lotus is tired of listing to the BS they are not saying much until the cars are ready and people will be happy to just get the car.
So Lotus is tired of listening to the BS? F$!k that! All WE (the people who gave them money based on promises two years ago) have been asking for is transparency! It IS NOT too much to ask to be kept informed. People here are passionate yet understand things happen, we just ask to be kept in the loop.

The “Keyboard Comandos” here are the same people that made this possible for Lotus. Most are multiple Lotus owners. And when us “KCs” are left to simply wonder with no communication, then yeah there is a right to question.

None of this is BS. All are genuine concerns. This is not normal in the business world.

Last edited:
I don't think to much new information as I thought NA cars were planned to go into production around now, then get shipped here and sit in port till certification clears?

So Lotus is tired of listening to the BS? F$!k that! All WE (the people who gave them money based on promises two years ago) have been asking for is transparency! It IS NOT too much to ask to be kept informed. People here are passionate yet understand things happen, we just ask to be kept in the loop.

I wish for the same, but unfortunately, the evidence is to the contrary.

If you have a confirmed First Edition order in place, then can call your dealer and get an update. That's what I did and I got some information I needed about my car as well as dates with future updates. I asked whether it's ok to share the information publicly and was kindly asked not to.

You do realize that Guardrails do end. 🙄

This is a legit photo from a Lotus employee.
If it were like that, then the picture and the info is misleading. As far as we know, not a single FE V6 comes with ADAS. Mine at least doesn't.

If that is the Blind Spot Warning...... It Sucks. Needs to be larger & more visible. Like a large Red Light that you see with a quick glance, not tiny little ovals that fade into the background. (n)
🙄 OMG ...you serious? MIGZ comment was spot on.

🙄 OMG ...you serious? MIGZ comment was spot on.
OMG, Yes - very serious, and disappointed if that is the Blind Spot Warning.
It does Suck. It's appears even worse that my 2022 Volvo which has light yellow bars in the sideview mirror that can't be seen in bright sunlight. Absolutely worthless....

The battery will be went out while sitting in the port parking lot for a few months waiting for the U.S. certification. It will cause a lot of electronical gremlins. Once the battery went out, then the battery‘s damaged, even after recharging.
Could you please share what your solution is for this matter? @GatorMotorsport could you please reply, thank you.

The battery will be went out while sitting in the port parking lot for a few months waiting for the U.S. certification. It will cause a lot of electronical gremlins. Once the battery went out, then the battery‘s damaged, even after recharging.
Could you please share what your solution is for this matter? @GatorMotorsport could you please reply, thank you.
Not sure the battery should drain or go bad if it is disconnected.

So... October 1st is 24 weeks away! Mind boggling! That's the earliest possible... and we all know that's not happening. 😳

Lotus could give 2 s**ts about us keyboard warriors. Its in their best interest to be open and transparent and they have once again proven they don't give a f**k about letting people know what's going on behind the scenes.

Us keyboard warriors have little to 0.00000000000000001% impact on Lotus's decision making and how they release information. DO we have legit confirmation the US are being built? If so please provide a source, otherwise I am going to continue to believe they are pushing out other markets first.

edit- sorry about the curse words! i hadnt had my morning tea!

Last edited:
Not sure the battery should drain or go bad if it is disconnected.
A disconnected lead acid battery has a very slow rate of self drain. If the storage facility is temperature controlled, a year should be fine.