• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

A disconnected lead acid battery has a very slow rate of self drain. If the storage facility is temperature controlled, a year should be fine.

So far we've seen these completed cars sitting outside at Hethel, Japan, and Dubai ports with minimal protection. Just the white plastic tape along the edges of the bumpers and nothing on the roof. I'm not too confident US cars will be stored in a climate controlled facility, but we'll see...

full

full

full

So far we've seen these completed cars sitting outside at Hethel, Japan, and Dubai ports with minimal protection. Just the white plastic tape along the edges of the bumpers and nothing on the roof. I'm not too confident US cars will be stored in a climate controlled facility, but we'll see...

full

full

full

I remember Gator posted some photos where large numbers of Evoras were stored indoors at US ports while waiting for delivery prep. While nothing is set in stone, Gator sounded pretty confident that the same with be true for the Emira.

Those are all cars in transit to dealers, so just need transit protection. If they were being stored for a longer period then I think they'd be handled differently.

I remember Gator posted some photos where large numbers of Evoras were stored indoors at US ports while waiting for delivery prep. While nothing is set in stone, Gator sounded pretty confident that the same with be true for the Emira.

I hope so. It'd be great if we could get something confirmed. I'm not really sure what Lotus of US actually does, because they certainly aren't communicating anything to customers. My last official comm says I should expect my Emira sometime this month. If it weren't for this forum and Gator posting, I'd have no idea about the delays and certification issues.

I hope so. It'd be great if we could get something confirmed. I'm not really sure what Lotus of US actually does, because they certainly aren't communicating anything to customers. My last official comm says I should expect my Emira sometime this month. If it weren't for this forum and Gator posting, I'd have no idea about the delays and certification issues.
Honestly think there was an agreement between Lotus USA and the dealer network that all communication would be through the dealer. Thus the email template... and some dealers communicating and others not. Highly dependent on what kind of sales person you have. IMHO a mistake.

Lotus recently mentioned a host of customization options for future releases of Emira. I’m wondering, with all the delays, if they will extend the ICE production runs into the future or if they will do 5 years and move on. Why offer customizable exhaust and and S/GT model if you’re just going to drop it in a year?

Great!
Can you reference your source? Link to original Lotus announcement?
Thanks.
That's the thing... there isn't any. It's all stemmed secondhand from Gator. Nothing official.

Who's your dealer? They sent emails a month ago saying that the car are delayed due to "certification." In the US, dealers are our primary form of communication.

Ironically, I was away from the forum for like 3-4 months and it didn't bother me at all that I didn't have constant updates. We all want instant gratification, but there's nothing to be said that'll change how soon you'll get your car. I'm just chillin' knowing it won't be here for another 6 months ;)

I'm just chillin' knowing it won't be here for another 6 months ;)

We said this last year around this time too. Remember we were supposed to get our first cars last October? Then 2 months before they announced the delays. Again, just like last year, I'm not looking forward to taking delivery right before winter. Even so, I doubt we'll see any US deliveries until 2024.

We said this last year around this time too. Remember we were supposed to get our first cars last October? Then 2 months before they announced the delays. Again, just like last year, I'm not looking forward to taking delivery right before winter. Even so, I doubt we'll see any US deliveries until 2024.
I remember and these things used to piss me off. I don't know if you remember, but I complained about all sorts of things early on as well. Remember when I asked the US Lotus rep about the 'detuned engine' and he said it 'will NOT be detuned.' Well, that ain't happening as we now know. Finding out made me upset. I was told I'd have my car in August of 2022. Then someone said September. Then we hear they can't even keep up with deliveries in the UK and so I'm told October, etc. And Lotus basically said we'll get the 2024 model year car in the beginning of 2023. I thought I'd be driving the car several times already.

Post that, I sort of took a step back and asked myself: will worrying about all of this BS change anything about when I get the car? No. So why bother? I'll get the car when I get the car. The only thing in my control is whether I pull the deposit and that's not happening! :)

Life's too short to worry about crap I can't control. On the bright side: certain early problems have already been identified and are being addressed. Additionally, the cash for the car is sitting in my money market, earning ~5%. Lastly, gives me time to clean out my garage to fit an additional car 🙃

This may be apropos; it's British too:

I remember and these things used to piss me off. I don't know if you remember, but I complained about all sorts of things early on as well. Remember when I asked the US Lotus rep about the 'detuned engine' and he said it 'will NOT be detuned.' Well, that ain't happening as we now know. Finding out made me upset. I was told I'd have my car in August of 2022. Then someone said September. Then we hear they can't even keep up with deliveries in the UK and so I'm told October, etc. And Lotus basically said we'll get the 2024 model year car in the beginning of 2023. I thought I'd be driving the car several times already.

Post that, I sort of took a step back and asked myself: will worrying about all of this BS change anything about when I get the car? No. So why bother? I'll get the car when I get the car. The only thing in my control is whether I pull the deposit and that's not happening! :)

Life's too short to worry about crap I can't control. On the bright side: certain early problems have already been identified and are being addressed. Additionally, the cash for the car is sitting in my money market, earning ~5%. Lastly, gives me time to clean out my garage to fit an additional car 🙃

.....my philosophy, exactly! (y)

Good point. Just think, those guys in the video have probably been waiting for their Emiras for millenniums, and they don't seem upset about being left out to dry ;).

Just a data point... Emirahep collected his car last week... asked for him to search for any USA spec cars. He said he did not see any while on his tour. So looks like USA production has not started. Funny how last official info said April start, but when Gators update went out they said production was starting as planned in May... just had to squeeze that extra month in there didn't they! 🙄

Just a data point... Emirahep collected his car last week... asked for him to search for any USA spec cars. He said he did not see any while on his tour. So looks like USA production has not started. Funny how last official info said April start, but when Gators update went out they said production was starting as planned in May... just had to squeeze that extra month in there didn't they! 🙄
First cars here November at earliest is my bet.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back