• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I have heard nothing from my own dealer since Dec (test drive).

Hopefully they are waiting til the FE2.0 allocations are out to make a statement of being perpetually sorry.

Demand vs. Allocations: I'm curious how the demand for the Emira (i.e. waiting lists) compares to the number of annual allocations for the 40 odd Lotus dealerships in the U.S. Most of the larger dealerships that I've surveyed seem to be around 5:1 (e.g. 200+ on waiting list compared to annual allocation of 40). Excluding cancellations that will reduce the wait list or increases to the expected allocations, that would suggest a wait period of 5 years for the last ones on the list. How do things stack up at the dealerships you are dealing with?

Demand vs. Allocations: I'm curious how the demand for the Emira (i.e. waiting lists) compares to the number of annual allocations for the 40 odd Lotus dealerships in the U.S. Most of the larger dealerships that I've surveyed seem to be around 5:1 (e.g. 200+ on waiting list compared to annual allocation of 40). Excluding cancellations that will reduce the wait list or increases to the expected allocations, that would suggest a wait period of 5 years for the last ones on the list. How do things stack up at the dealerships you are dealing with?
I’ll be honest, if my order pushes me out a couple of years, that’s ok with me. If Lotus comes out with say an Emira S or Emira GT430 couple of years from now, I should be in line to get the latest and greatest before the Emira production line gets shut down. And that’s assuming Lotus will fulfill all outstanding requests. As long as I’m allocated a custom order, I’m ok.

In Vancouver, I’m the 159th person in line. The Lotus sales manager told me I should expect to place my custom specs and final deposit (to lock in my order) in summer of 2024 with a potential 2025 delivery. Which is now doubtful given the latest delays.

But this all depends on how much more Lotus will charge for a non-FE 2.0. As some have mentioned, if prizing goes up too high, it doesn’t make sense to stay. You can cross shop a whole bunch of different (and very good) cars at Cdn $150k. But I digress.

Just got this email from my lotus dealer today. Pathetic... (see subject line).

View attachment 24331
The subject line is amazing. I got the exact same letter, except that it was printed and mailed to me with at least a hand written signature.
A form letter yes, but at least he took the 5 minutes to print it, sign it and hand address it to me.

What are peoples interest rates looking like now? My usual go to is 8.99% for the lowest, anyone know anywhere to get better rates? Would like to have some in mind. Paying mostly cash but am financing around 30k.
My Credit Union would do 90% MSRP for 60 months at 5.25. Credit Unions are usually a good bet

I usually look at bankrate to see who has the best rates

Hoping the dealer/salesperson will assist at time of purchase to shop for best rate once that time comes
You’ll almost always do better shopping rates yourself. The dealer/salesperson has almost zero incentive to do so, and often have arrangements with specific insurance sources where referrals are compensated.

The subject line is amazing. I got the exact same letter, except that it was printed and mailed to me with at least a hand written signature.
A form letter yes, but at least he took the 5 minutes to print it, sign it and hand address it to me.
I didnt even notice the subject line the first time scrolling through

I got the exact same note from the same dealership and I never received a note two weeks prior.

At least your dealer put in some effort. The lack of effort and attention to detail (even the most obvious detail) from my dealer is baffling.

I'm crossing my fingers that these traits are only on the sales side and not the service side.
You’ll be disappointed. LOB is horrible. There are some decent independents fortunately.

Dealer allocations for i4 vs. V6. Recently got an answer to something I had been wondering about for a while. LCU confirmed that dealerships will be getting different allocations for the i4 vs. V6 orders. As most dealerships have reported significantly higher demand for the V6, i4 buyers like myself may theoretically get delivery sooner than we would otherwise once i4 production starts next year. Of course, LCU would not confirm what those allocation numbers will be yet as that will be based on production availability.

I wonder if they have already started making our cars.

Yes, but I can't go into specifics, unfortunately.

Why the secrecy? They either have or haven't. Unless there is more bad news coming (NA specific parts supplier issues/failed approval) or top secret good news (NA specific power bump, color stitched steering wheel, early deliveries), which I doubt since we've yet to get any good news since the reveal. 🫤

Why the secrecy? They've either have or haven't. Unless there is more bad news coming (NA specific parts supplier issues) or top secret good news (which I doubt since we've yet to get any good news since the reveal).
How about the blind spot indicator and wipers work as intended. That would be kinda cool.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back