• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Ah of course, completely forgot many parts of the US salt the roads, particularly in the NE. Grateful for the mostly temperate climate here in the NW. I'll also be driving mine anytime it's above 5C/41F, and occasionally colder if it's dry. The Cup 2's will be reserved for summer and track days only since they typically only last 3-5k miles anyways.

I will mount performance all-seasons and drive on decent winter days. Otherwise, it's location, location , location.

A few reasons not to drive in my location:

Snow
Ice
Salt and other chemicals
Difficulty in washing car in freezing temperatures
Potholes
Temperatures render stock tires useless

I have other cars to withstand that abuse.
I'll bet that midship engine performs as a champ at Rear window defrost.
It is after all an ICE machine.
Also, add to your list: other idiot drivers who are worse than usual in inclement weather.

I'll bet that midship engine performs as a champ at Rear window defrost.
It is after all an ICE machine.
Also, add to your list: other idiot drivers who are worse than usual in inclement weather.
Yep, you'd think that since it happens every year people would just adjust and move on. Instead, they act like it's the first time they've ever encountered slick streets. Then they go so slow and timidly that their cars don't have enough momentum to get over the slick stuff and they get stuck. One of the joys of being retired is that I don't have to go out and encounter those guys.

Have a second test drive lined up next week, hoping to rekindle my desire to own the Emira.
I sense an Event report coming soon after. You are now on the hook for that any any other Intel you can ferret out of the Rep.

I believe the same car will be at the Hillsborough Concours this weekend.

kitkat is one the people here that I have faith will ask the tough questions with persistence.
What tough questions remain?

I too have my first test drive next Thursday. Btw, this is just a demo. Not their car they supposedly ordered long ago.

Oh and just for reference, I made a deposit 11/2021. I showed up for their first demo months ago but couldn’t get a drive slot. That’s likely why I got an email invitation this time around.

Dropped by to Boardwalk with my wife to see the blue Emira they have and caught up with Kyle and said hello. Friendly as always, wife approves of the car, she’s excited for it — her first time seeing it in person.

No set date to even start production yet.
Damn...isnt next month supposed to be set up for US production? They would certainly have to to hold true to their October delivers.

Damn...isnt next month supposed to be set up for US production? They would certainly have to to hold true to their October delivers.
It was a guess, if they want to make October delivery. But there was no official timeline communicated because they are waiting on US certification.

It was a guess, if they want to make October delivery. But there was no official timeline communicated because they are waiting on US certification.
And I am guessing there are no updates on that end either.

I really, really, really, reallllllllllly doubt customers will get cars this year. I hope they do, but it's not looking good. Lotus likes to communicate ~6 month delays right before expected delivery dates... sometimes just weeks or days before. I have some contacts at the factory and will communicate any updates here and on my IG if/when production begins.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back