• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA CARB stickers available now so Emiras should get delivered soon

Featured
Hello Lotus Emira members in the USA

At the Dallas location, CARB stickers have arrived, and they are placing them under the hood supposedly, therefore, your Emira's should be delivered soon (my guess is 1-2 weeks across the nation), for those that are lucky enough to have their cars in the USA as the first 500 units shipped per Lotus (or are on the way once CARB stickers done).

Did the dealer do the full ceramic? Was the cost comparable? Ceramic is the “older technology” I’m told but it seems to be the most useful in the case of the Emira’s dreadfully thin protective layer.
Front ppf + full ceramic, I was told since they had so much interest they brought in a guy from Xpel to do all the installs. I didn't get quotes on the 2 separately

Front ppf + full ceramic, I was told since they had so much interest they brought in a guy from Xpel to do all the installs. I didn't get quotes on the 2 separately
My dealer has Expel as well. Their prices are posted. Thanks.

Hello Lotus Emira members in the USA

At the Dallas location, CARB stickers have arrived, and they are placing them under the hood supposedly, therefore, your Emira's should be delivered soon (my guess is 1-2 weeks across the nation), for those that are lucky enough to have their cars in the USA as the first 500 units shipped per Lotus (or are on the way once CARB stickers done).
I literally just got off the phone with Tony @ Gator and asked him about this. He made a call to Lotus about this claim about the CARB stickers arriving and his understanding is that these are just stickers to correct something that was inaccurate on the car's window stickers...the actual CARB certification is still pending. FWIW.

I literally just got off the phone with Tony @ Gator and asked him about this. He made a call to Lotus about this claim about the CARB stickers arriving and his understanding is that these are just stickers to correct something that was inaccurate on the car's window stickers...the actual CARB certification is still pending. FWIW.
Well, shat.

Reactions: GRP
IMG_0746.jpeg

I guess the “no adjustments needed” is wishful thinking?🤔

I've gathered all the different letters from Lotus to North American order holders and spoke to my dealer. Put this all together into one update video if anyone is interested. Heard there is more brewing on the CARB front and about to dig into that. TGIF!

The stickers they received were updated verbiage emissions stickers, not CARB stickers. Just confirmed that right now with Lotus Cars USA.
Man, these Lotus people/dealers don't know what is going on. Thanks for the update. They said they were CARB stickers but obviously they were fooled by Lotus. Seems disorganized. I called and talked to my dealer/advisor, and they still have no updates. Sigh...

Man, these Lotus people/dealers don't know what is going on. Thanks for the update. They said they were CARB stickers but obviously they were fooled by Lotus. Seems disorganized. I called and talked to my dealer/advisor, and they still have no updates. Sigh...
Bear is a dealer

Bear is a dealer
Cool. Bear actually seems to have proactively called Lotus and found out. My dealer made claims that didn't pan out and were either given wrong information or just made up a story of 'carb stickers are in' and got me all excited, or didn't get the memo that these stickers were entirely for something different.

The stickers they received were updated verbiage emissions stickers, not CARB stickers. Just confirmed that right now with Lotus Cars USA.
Cool. Bear actually seems to have proactively called Lotus and found out. My dealer made claims that didn't pan out and were either given wrong information or just made up a story of 'carb stickers are in' and got me all excited, or didn't get the memo that these stickers were entirely for something different.

More information about CARB certification is going to come out in the next few days. If anyone wants to know the details, they can call me, and I can verbally tell you. Other than that, I will post what we can officially disclose, in writing, as soon as possible.
Is that the 'LOTUS' meaning of few or the real meaning of few. You even threw a 'soon' reference in there too.

More information about CARB certification is going to come out in the next few days. If anyone wants to know the details, they can call me, and I can verbally tell you. Other than that, I will post what we can officially disclose, in writing, as soon as possible.
Thanks Bear. We all appreciate the communication.

Well this doesn’t sound positive…

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back