• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Viewing at Rybrook

Some good rear view/tail light comparisons here:

It's rather unique with the C-scroll at each side, so will be quite recognisable from behind. I think that's one example of a "junior supercar" feature? Some vague similarities with the McLaren P1 and Aston Martin Vanquish, Vulcan and One-77 rear lights, which also have scrolls.

I assume you've seen pictures of the lights? They're quite three-dimensional in real life, I'm not sure how obvious that is in photos.

View attachment 750
View attachment 749
View attachment 748
View attachment 746
View attachment 747
I was immediately reminded of the Dodge Charger...I said reminded, not the same...can't wait to see it in real life.

Attachments

• 2019-Dodge-Charger-LED-racetrack-taillamps-Agt-Europe.jpg
    2019-Dodge-Charger-LED-racetrack-taillamps-Agt-Europe.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 51

It's rather unique with the C-scroll at each side, so will be quite recognisable from behind. I think that's one example of a "junior supercar" feature? Some vague similarities with the McLaren P1 and Aston Martin Vanquish, Vulcan and One-77 rear lights, which also have scrolls.

I assume you've seen pictures of the lights? They're quite three-dimensional in real life, I'm not sure how obvious that is in photos.

View attachment 750
View attachment 749
View attachment 748
View attachment 746
View attachment 747
The more details I see, the happier I get, thanks again for the pics TomE. Appreciate your thoughts on the black pack on the green with a tan interior? I’ve not seen colour samples in person but from your previous posts and others, would the black roof be that noticeable? as green appears to be quite dark.

View attachment 750
View attachment 749
View attachment 748
View attachment 746
View attachment 747
Thanks for sharing views.

The more details I see, the happier I get, thanks again for the pics TomE. Appreciate your thoughts on the black pack on the green with a tan interior? I’ve not seen colour samples in person but from your previous posts and others, would the black roof be that noticeable? as green appears to be quite dark.
I think you’re right about not needing the black roof with the Verdant Green, as the colour is already dark.

I read someone had spoken to one of the long-serving Lotus staff at a dealer event and he had seen the Verdant car currently being built. He said it didn’t have black pack and didn’t need it.

The other factor to consider is the other elements of black pack and how they’d work with the rest of the car. Door mirrors are half black/half body colour without BP or all black with it, so work either way.

BP also adds black tailpipes and rear LOTUS letters, which are silver without BP. If you’re going for silver or diamond wheels then leaving these silver works well and provides some accent details. If you’re going for black wheels then black badge and tailpipes would fit the dark look.

If you don’t add black pack then you can do some/all of the black parts afterwards anyway.

I do think it’s actually hard to spec a bad colour scheme on the Emira. Go with what you’ll enjoy rather than be swayed too much by some people on the internet ;)

Thanks Tom, I had landed on no black pack as I’m going the all silver wheels and think you’re spot on with the other silver bits being a nice accent, then I saw the rear lights shot you posted on the blue w black which so thought I’d ask the q from those that have seen the car and samples. I’ll stick with no black pack. The lotus staff colour story is informative as well. Cheers.

I think you’re right about not needing the black roof with the Verdant Green, as the colour is already dark.

I read someone had spoken to one of the long-serving Lotus staff at a dealer event and he had seen the Verdant car currently being built. He said it didn’t have black pack and didn’t need it.

The other factor to consider is the other elements of black pack and how they’d work with the rest of the car. Door mirrors are half black/half body colour without BP or all black with it, so work either way.

BP also adds black tailpipes and rear LOTUS letters, which are silver without BP. If you’re going for silver or diamond wheels then leaving these silver works well and provides some accent details. If you’re going for black wheels then black badge and tailpipes would fit the dark look.

If you don’t add black pack then you can do some/all of the black parts afterwards anyway.

I do think it’s actually hard to spec a bad colour scheme on the Emira. Go with what you’ll enjoy rather than be swayed too much by some people on the internet ;)
Good advice as ever Tom, I think retro-fit of selected black pack elements is the way to go. If I go with Verdant Green, which is strong possibility, it would be with silver wheels (although not ruling out diamond cut - but definitely not black) and keeping the silver badging and tailpipes would be a key part of the colour scheme as you suggest.

What makes this route even more attractive for me is I can do it all myself as I wrapped the roof of my son's 370z (gloss black) and applied the stripes and painted the mirror housings on my 996. 40 years in the sign industry to thank for that.

Attachments

• Inked20210717_125408_LI.jpg
    Inked20210717_125408_LI.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20210604-135038_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-135038_Instagram.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 49
Re rear lights they have such a prominent positive feature to the rear end it was one of my concerns with a red car they would be lost.

Re rear lights they have such a prominent positive feature to the rear end it was one of my concerns with a red car they would be lost.
Spot on and is similar to my concern on very dark colours such as Verdant and Shadow. The problem with dark colours is you often lose what are referred to the "graphics" in the form and styling of the body. These include features such as air intakes, other apertures, headlights and glazing. For example, if you look at front, rear or side views of the Emira in Hethel Yellow, Seneca Blue, Magma Red or Nimbus Grey the graphics are much more prominent than in Shadow Grey or Verdant Green, both of which lose a bit of the visual drama of the design.

At least with red you would only be "losing" the tail-lights...

Reactions: DJW
Spot on and is similar to my concern on very dark colours such as Verdant and Shadow. The problem with dark colours is you often lose what are referred to the "graphics" in the form and styling of the body. These include features such as air intakes, other apertures, headlights and glazing. For example, if you look at front, rear or side views of the Emira in Hethel Yellow, Seneca Blue, Magma Red or Nimbus Grey the graphics are much more prominent than in Shadow Grey or Verdant Green, both of which lose a bit of the visual drama of the design.

At least with red you would only be "losing" the tail-lights...
You might lose those details in the Uk, with the sun belting down on the green hear on the southern Gold Coast you’ll need sunglasses to look at it 😁

You might lose those details in the Uk, with the sun belting down on the green hear on the southern Gold Coast you’ll need sunglasses to look at it 😁
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :cool: Can't argue with that! I really hope Verdant looks green enough often enough in the UK (Scotland!) for it to work. I do enjoy the fact that colours change in different lights though.

Reactions: Rob
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :cool: Can't argue with that! I really hope Verdant looks green enough often enough in the UK (Scotland!) for it to work. I do enjoy the fact that colours change in different lights though.
Agreed, I’m hoping at night it’s looks almost black, I’ve always enjoyed the stark differences of my cars colours here, I had a metallic forest green 911 that had those characteristics. I won’t be surprised if the green here looks a bit closer to the configurator green. Won’t know until I see it.

I know you’ve all seen the car from multiple angles, but I went to see her in the flesh today and it’s correct what has been said previously……. Simply stunning 😍

Attachments

• 9A83C31F-31F2-4994-8EA1-8D7B17FECD57.jpeg
    9A83C31F-31F2-4994-8EA1-8D7B17FECD57.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 199
  • C27005EB-4734-468D-86DE-1115C50A276E.jpeg
    C27005EB-4734-468D-86DE-1115C50A276E.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 200
  • 0535E507-3B8A-406D-A9FA-0EAE6F50C567.jpeg
    0535E507-3B8A-406D-A9FA-0EAE6F50C567.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 4647619F-9416-41B0-B807-0E54B69BDB72.jpeg
    4647619F-9416-41B0-B807-0E54B69BDB72.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 196
  • E3A8377F-185A-41AF-BCE3-1144CC27ECD1.jpeg
    E3A8377F-185A-41AF-BCE3-1144CC27ECD1.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 197
Are all the vents in the front and rear functional. I can't stand all the fakery going on with current cars (especially German)

Can someone post the interior swathes in outdoor light? Any cars to match Nimbus with at Rybrook?

Are all the vents in the front and rear functional. I can't stand all the fakery going on with current cars (especially German)
Yes, and often dual function of aero and cooling. If you’re interested, on the Lotus media site there’s an article (somewhere around the time of the July reveal) with more info about the aero design.

It’s been designed so downforce increases with speed (not unusual) but also so the downforce distribution front/rear remains constant regardless of speed. That ensures the car remains balanced at higher speeds.

Last edited:
I was due to be there this afternoon but work is getting in the way. Very helpful to have such useful forums. Still undecided on interior options though. Wish they’d get a production model finished we could see!

Hello All. So have been to Rybrook. Most impressive. As it’s already been said, most of the info already on here. Here’s a few more pics..

Still not keen on the wheels. Going to go for all black gloss.

I will say it’s a beast. Not some tiny thing…. I could just sit in and keep watching the dash on loop, it’s gorgeous..

Attachments

• 0C7EC2C2-D002-4771-B4A5-EDEF90C81D32.jpeg
    0C7EC2C2-D002-4771-B4A5-EDEF90C81D32.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 094B93A9-7A16-4973-A1FE-3CFFBF3763A2.jpeg
    094B93A9-7A16-4973-A1FE-3CFFBF3763A2.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 279
  • 0BB66475-4429-4524-B9C4-F8EAA958C66E.jpeg
    0BB66475-4429-4524-B9C4-F8EAA958C66E.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 303
  • 20A5C824-F72E-4617-858B-17A76B142DA7.jpeg
    20A5C824-F72E-4617-858B-17A76B142DA7.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 287
  • DC748384-7A78-4CB2-BA48-075284E8C870.jpeg
    DC748384-7A78-4CB2-BA48-075284E8C870.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 295
  • CC77A840-E5CA-4D0C-8D79-AA418C1BA858.jpeg
    CC77A840-E5CA-4D0C-8D79-AA418C1BA858.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 280
Hello All. So have been to Rybrook. Most impressive. As it’s already been said, most of the info already on here. Here’s a few more pics..

Still not keen on the wheels. Going to go for all black gloss.

I will say it’s a beast. Not some tiny thing…. I could just sit in and keep watching the dash on loop, it’s gorgeous..
Can never be enough photos of it!

I was also there on Saturday. Car looked great, well proportioned, etc. BUT I just don't fit in it. :cry: I'm only 6'1" (187cm), so hardly a freak but have a longer torso with shorter legs and my head was rubbing against the headliner. They said the seats will eventually be 2cm lower but I'm not sure that'll be enough if I'm on track with a helmet on. They also said the seats will recline further but "we disconnected them cos it kept tripping fuses". :rolleyes: Sorry but tripping fuses should have been sorted before the car was shown to prospective customers and I don't want to have to drive leaning far back like some American cruiser.

Very disappointing and I've requested my deposit back. I'll try again when they make a car you can actually try properly (move the seats and maybe even close the doors without fear of breaking them) - actually having an engine in it would be a bonus. As I'm after a track car, it's the base car that interests me and that'll be a long wait anyway. Extras for first edition aren't worth it for me. Hope everyone else will be happy with their cars, looks like it could be mega.

Last edited:
@Chills have you tried sitting in an Evora as will be more representative of a finished production car ?