Viewing at Rybrook

Sitting in an Evora is a great suggestion….driving an Evora would be even better. Not only because it should be a much truer representation of driver position in Emira but also because driver position is a dynamic thing and requires subtle change as you navigate a course. Would be beneficial to have a dynamic experience.

Sorry to hear it didn’t work for you. If you leave your deposit in play you won’t be asked to top it up if you’re not going for a First Edition. You’ll still maintain a place in the queue for own-spec cars once that order book opens. You’ll be able to see and drive a production car before then.

Reactions: DJW
Thanks everyone for your comments. No I haven't tried an Evora, there wasn't one available at the time. I will check around though and that's an excellent suggestion. I had assumed that it was based on the Elise and I've no chance in one of those. :cry: Have always wanted a Lotus and have been on track in an Elise (as a passenger) many times and love how they drive BUT I've no chance of fitting well enough to drive one properly.

And yes, would make sense to leave the £2K deposit going to be up the queue for the base car but TBH (assuming I can fit) I'll prob get impatient and buy a first edition secondhand from one of you lot who get bored easily. 🤞:D

Rybrook Brum do have an Evora GT410 in their showroom 😇

Rybrook Brum do have an Evora GT410 in their showroom 😇
Is that right? I probably walked right past it. :LOL:🙈 I did notice a black Lotus in a separate room but as there were no staff around I thought it was off limits. Guess I'll head back over there and try sitting in it with my helmet on to see if I would fit for my trackdays. Cheers. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: DJW
I'm off to my local dealer this weekend to test drive their Evora 410 as I've never had a Lotus before and I'm trying to decide on suspension spec before I get my call from Lotus (4th August deposit and wanting a FE V6 manual). Already decided on the other things, and figured out where I can get the steering wheel changed to coloured stitching should Lotus not make the right decision on that.
I'll be interested to see the build quality of the Evora up close as I've only really seen the blue "show" car and I know that isn't representative. Looking forward to trying the Evora gearbox and engine as these are effectively the same as I'll get in the Emira. Also interested to see how it feels to drive compared to my current 911 (991.2 with rare manual gearbox).

Last edited:
Good move and a great way to test drive a lot of what will make the Emira. Look forward to reading your feedback 👍

So the Evora 410 (All Evoras?) will be similar to Emira Sport Setup? Just confirmed my dealer has an automatic for me to test drive.

Check which variant and specification it is. The Evora GT410 Sport has sports suspension as standard but could be specified with touring or race suspension.

It might be an older Evora Sport 410, which is an uprated version of the Evora 400. That also has sports suspension but the comparison Lotus told me was to the GT410 Sport.

Check which variant and specification it is. The Evora GT410 Sport has sports suspension as standard but could be specified with touring or race suspension.

It might be an older Evora Sport 410, which is an uprated version of the Evora 400. That also has sports suspension but the comparison Lotus told me was to the GT410 Sport.

Thanks as always. This can give me a reference point.

On a slightly different topic. Will Lotus put this car on the Nürburgring ring? I can't find much about if Lotus will or even does this.

Lotus test there but don't go for official fastest times. German car magazine Sport Auto has included Lotus cars in group tests there. You can find the results on the usual Nürburgring pages.

I think you’re right about not needing the black roof with the Verdant Green, as the colour is already dark.

I read someone had spoken to one of the long-serving Lotus staff at a dealer event and he had seen the Verdant car currently being built. He said it didn’t have black pack and didn’t need it.

The other factor to consider is the other elements of black pack and how they’d work with the rest of the car. Door mirrors are half black/half body colour without BP or all black with it, so work either way.

BP also adds black tailpipes and rear LOTUS letters, which are silver without BP. If you’re going for silver or diamond wheels then leaving these silver works well and provides some accent details. If you’re going for black wheels then black badge and tailpipes would fit the dark look.

If you don’t add black pack then you can do some/all of the black parts afterwards anyway.

I do think it’s actually hard to spec a bad colour scheme on the Emira. Go with what you’ll enjoy rather than be swayed too much by some people on the internet ;)
I thought Lower Black Pack was black tail pipes and lettering. It can't be de-selected was my understanding.

I thought Lower Black Pack was black tail pipes and lettering. It can't be de-selected was my understanding.
Lower Black Pack is standard on First Editions but includes tungsten tail pipe finisher (silver) and silver lettering. Those both become black with Black Pack.

Lower Black Pack is standard on First Editions but includes tungsten tail pipe finisher (silver) and silver lettering. Those both become black with Black Pack.
That is unfortunate and must be an issue with the configurator, at least here is Canada as the lower black pack is showing with black lettering and tailpipe finishers. I am going with the black rims and verdant but wanted the green roof. I guess I will need to explore options to switch to black lettering and finishers aftermarket.

I double checked it on the UK configurator after I’d clarified with Lotus. It does change correctly but it’s quite hard to see the silver and black changing on the render.

The exhaust tips and lettering will be available in both formats from Lotus as spares. Or painting the silver ones black will be straightforward.

I double checked it on the UK configurator after I’d clarified with Lotus. It does change correctly but it’s quite hard to see the silver and black changing on the render.

The exhaust tips and lettering will be available in both formats from Lotus as spares. Or painting the silver ones black will be straightforward.
Thanks Tom. I guess I will ask the dealer to try and get the black pieces in for when my car eventually gets delivered and swap them before pickup.

glad to hear!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back