What did you do to your Emira today?

Did 1000miles break in oil change at A1 auto in San Gabriel couple of days ago so I took it to my usual weekend golf trip today. As expected, Golf bag fits perfectly 👌 you just need to take driver and 3 wood out and put it back of your seat. Everything was perfect except my friends booked a tee time in Palm Springs CA in the summer 🥵 when its 120F . Even at this heat, two hours drive to the course was perfect. C8 and STI wanted to race but I will wait till I install all the parts that I ordered from GRP 😃 .

One thing bothers me today was the vibration when the A C is on... anyone having the same issue??
No vibration with the A/C on, but at idle it feels like the car should idle at a little higher in the rev range.

Saturday we had a meet with Lotus and Alfa 4C owners. We had 3 Emiras, an Elise and several Alfas...not to mention Bloody Marys, Fish-n-Chips, etc. at a Pub. A good time was had by all! Credit to K-Squared for this photo...it was great to meet in person!
Lotus Alfa meet 0622 2024.jpg

Today was bath time
Same here, second wash since new. Three areas with ppf separation, the first two of which will be easy replacements (mirror and rear bumper vent) but the rear quarter panel separation (3rd pic) by the air intake may require more work. Not sweating it - this is why people offer warranties. Will post in the ppf section too for questions and more details. Otherwise, car is nothing but smiles after 775 miles.
1000001849.jpg
1000001850.jpg
1000001853.jpg

Yeah there’s an overhang so car is still in the shade

View attachment 46495
This view makes me feel better about possibly doing this with all the stuff we have in our garage. :) Currently, If I get out right at sunrise, I have just enough time to wash the car before sun starts to hit the area just outside the garage...that's where I always wash cars.

I've got a water filter too, but noticed some spotting on the PPF after the last wash/rinse. I'm going to try replacing the filters...they may be used up.

Also, with my Elise, I was always frustrated with foam getting trapped in vents, etc. and coming out later even after lots and lots of rinsing. So the last few years I've been using Optimum No Rinse which is a sudsless cleaner. How have you found it with the Emira rinsing all the foam out of all the nooks and crannies?

I'm going to get one of these and attach it above my garage door. Poles leaning our from the bottom and attached to the outside corners, and with a small weight at the outer corners to keep it tensioned. Put up and take down in ten minutes. Just two thirteen foot poles and a couple of eyelets and I'm all set.

@Life411 No issues rinsing and getting soap off from crevices. We have very hard water here so for the final rinse I use deionized water through the pressure washer then dry with a leaf blower. Ceramic coating helps a lot with drying.

I'm going to get one of these and attach it above my garage door. Poles leaning our from the bottom and attached to the outside corners, and with a small weight at the outer corners to keep it tensioned. Put up and take down in ten minutes. Just two thirteen foot poles and a couple of eyelets and I'm all set.
Interesting, I'd love to see some pics or maybe a video of putting it up/taking it down if it's not too much trouble once you have it installed. The sun and heat here in Raleigh, NC is brutal in the summer, so something like this could be a big help.

@Life411 No issues rinsing and getting soap off from crevices. We have very hard water here so for the final rinse I use deionized water through the pressure washer then dry with a leaf blower. Ceramic coating helps a lot with drying.
ok, I haven't tried suds on the Emira, but I do love the Optimum No Rinse and will probably stick with that. I do my final rinse with the filtered water which, theoretically, should air dry spotless. It's pretty close, I tried it on my black Alfa 4C, but not perfect. So I also blow dry and then towel dry the few remaining droplets. My Emira has full Xpel PPF and Ceramic.

Took the Emira out today, instead of the daily Audi... With questions & stares from all the Tom, Dick & Harriets that I came across... Todays chores took a little longer than normal. Fantastic day though... Great to get the Emira out for a bit of a stretch...

Attachments

• 011.jpeg
    011.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 010.jpeg
    010.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 008.jpeg
    008.jpeg
    584.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 006.jpeg
    006.jpeg
    505.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 005.jpeg
    005.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 003.jpeg
    003.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 002.jpeg
    002.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 001.jpeg
    001.jpeg
    610.2 KB · Views: 52
Getting ready to leave here in a few minutes....heading to the NC mountains to kidnap my niece for a day of fun drives.
View attachment 46556
Literally just got off to the blue ridge parkway yesterday! Great day of drives to break it in

Attachments

• 32718D5A-F909-48D7-9F87-AC66D06EBB6E.jpeg
    32718D5A-F909-48D7-9F87-AC66D06EBB6E.jpeg
    654.5 KB · Views: 44
Everyone seems to be doing this mod, but just got some parts from GRP. I plan on doing this along with the first oil change in the next week or so. Strange because the cat and valve controller said they were “pre-order” parts on the website, but they shipped same night 🤷🏽‍♂️

IMG_7177.jpeg

… and here’s a close up of the fobs for the valve controller. Don’t think I’ve seen a pic of them posted before. They’re nice quality for those not wanting to use their Homelink buttons in-car.

IMG_7175.jpeg

Everyone seems to be doing this mod, but just got some parts from GRP. I plan on doing this along with the first oil change in the next week or so. Strange because the cat and valve controller said they were “pre-order” parts on the website, but they shipped same night 🤷🏽‍♂️

View attachment 46611

… and here’s a close up of the fobs for the valve controller. Don’t think I’ve seen a pic of them posted before. They’re nice quality for those not wanting to use their Homelink buttons in-car.

View attachment 46612

You will not get dissapointed with that mod