• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What is coming 16.09.24??

Yea, I realized it was the hand of David - well, a clay reproduction, maybe? Because the original marble statute is a lot smoother and far more detailed.

So my bet is just a reference to David vs Goliath, as in scrappy little Lotus is going up against the giants in the electric car world.

I would be very surprised if it was anything more sophisticated than this.
A reference to the 'statue' of limitations.

You have references to suspension, advancements in aero, what looks like an eight cylinder engine with ITB, livery and “analogue”. The hand of David. Then you have the electric spoiler from a rear end that is clearly not the Emira. Finally goofy script - one.

Some of this suggests a bespoke program, some a new electric sports car. The spoiler pic is also cut from an earlier square format frame (so maybe concept or promo film). So I’m guessing this is their vision of how lotus does a “hand built” electric sportscar with lotus suspension and aero magic. Why “analogue” though? Are they actually making an argument for an electric sports car that provides an analogue experience? I’m not sure anyone is buying that rationale.

Attachments

• 4C55F202-16CD-4E2D-9776-2D723395AF61.jpeg
    4C55F202-16CD-4E2D-9776-2D723395AF61.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 59
  • D014128E-ECF3-456E-8918-F65BA8315140.jpeg
    D014128E-ECF3-456E-8918-F65BA8315140.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 7B7D5A01-8489-44D3-B294-7F4706C0A927.jpeg
    7B7D5A01-8489-44D3-B294-7F4706C0A927.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 42
  • 688EC132-FACD-4BA2-994A-82B2039A2E4B.jpeg
    688EC132-FACD-4BA2-994A-82B2039A2E4B.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 8826FEDD-AC0B-47FF-934E-E91987B8AC8C.jpeg
    8826FEDD-AC0B-47FF-934E-E91987B8AC8C.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 8F2DCDC6-E899-4DCD-B25B-BD5F4A9E0622.jpeg
    8F2DCDC6-E899-4DCD-B25B-BD5F4A9E0622.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 61
You have an image of the F1 suspension, the world championship winning Lotus 72 without it's suspension (just the body), the V8 that powered it, and the Lotus Theory is adding lightness. But then it shows what looks like an electric spoiler. And of course, the spoken word "analog". Analog obviously isn't electric. Either they're going into racing again, maybe F1, or this hints at a new sports car that has an analog chassis and suspension, but possibly an electric motor instead of a V8? Maybe even a hybrid?

You have an image of the F1 suspension, the world championship winning Lotus 72 without it's suspension (just the body), the V8 that powered it, and the Lotus Theory is adding lightness. But then it shows what looks like an electric spoiler. And of course, the spoken word "analog". Analog obviously isn't electric. Either they're going into racing again, maybe F1, or this hints at a new sports car that has an analog chassis and suspension, but possibly an electric motor instead of a V8? Maybe even a hybrid?
A v8 hybrid supercar would fit all the clues (and current trends), but that doesn't make sense for Lotus.

Regardless of the big plan I want to find out what OEM bits will be coming under the CC program. I don't want to press the button on CCB brakes if they are bringing them out, nor do I want to spend the £8k on a wing and splitter if they are coming soon.

Last edited:
Analog is short for analogous? Like the Lotus of yesteryear?
Yeah, I'm reaching......

I didn't look closely before at the snapshot that looked like chalk writing, but it has a "1", and spelled out "one", and the view is over the back of the V8 towards the roll bar on the Lotus 72 F1 car. Everything about all this says racing of some kind.

UNLESS it's the components that are the clue; suspension components, body components (which is why the suspension is missing on the next shot), engine components (the V8), "adding lightness" which is the Lotus theory and that would describe carbon fiber extras, the "one" meaning First Edition (the 1 is actually on the badge), and of course the electric spoiler would mean these include the electric cars.

I didn't look closely before at the snapshot that looked like chalk writing, but it has a "1", and spelled out "one", and the view is over the back of the V8 towards the roll bar on the Lotus 72 F1 car. Everything about all this says racing of some kind.

UNLESS it's the components that are the clue; suspension components, body components (which is why the suspension is missing on the next shot), engine components (the V8), "adding lightness" which is the Lotus theory and that would describe carbon fiber extras, the "one" meaning First Edition (the 1 is actually on the badge), and of course the electric spoiler would mean these include the electric cars.
FE: First Rendition
Regardless, this is about Lotus DNA.

What is the spolier from? It doesn’t look like the Evija, Emeya or Eletre.

Well... I guess the mystery is over. It's not a car launch it's a sort of "museum exhibit" ?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back